HELP: Cannot log in with QNotes

joe cool
New here

HELP: Cannot log in with QNotes

Post by joe cool »

I have Note Station installed on my Qnap TS-451 and I am able to access it on my pc's web broswer.
But I cannot get Qnote on my table or phone to connect. When I attempt to log in I receive a message "Failed to Login".
I have my web server enabled and set to port 8082 (I've tried port 80 also although the auto router configuration in myqnapcloud keeps showing the web server port to be 8082) and my nas web port is 8000.

I know that this isn't much information, but from everything that I have read I believe that the only requirement to connect via Qnote is that the web server has to be enabled.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
joe cool
New here

Re: HELP: Cannot log in with QNotes

Post by joe cool »

Oops. Nevermind.
After posting this message I decided to try and retype the username with the first letter capitalized and everything appears to be working correctly now.

Thanks anyway
CNCD111111
New here

Post by CNCD111111 »

Thank you for the solution.
QNotes on Android is case sensitive and Notes Station is'nt.

It's noted. :wink:
alves.jf
New here

Post by alves.jf »

HI, I have a similar problem, but after some tests and search, I discover the problem. I don't know why, but I can't do secure login. I disable de flag "force secure connections (https) only ". And it's working!!!

Best regard's
Alves
legacygt
New here

Post by legacygt »

I have a QNAP TS-451 that is configured with both myQNAPcloud and CloudLink, with firmware 4.2.2 and Note Station 2.1 and QNotes version 1.2.6.0321 for Android.

I can access my QNAP from a web browser, I can access QFiles and QManager from my Android applications (and web browser), and I can connect to Note Station via the web browser. However, I cannot get the Qnotes application to connect to my QNAP/Notes Station via the android application. I have tried almost every single combination of host, http(s), and ports (80, 8080, 443, 8081). What I see is that if I leave the default ports of 443, it fails immediately and doesn't even seem to try to connect. If I keep it at 8081, then it attempts to connect to the myQNAPcloud and then the cloudlink URLS but fails (btw, it creates an incorrect cloudlink url based on my hostname).

Anybody able to help out here? I have entered the exact same information that I did in the QManager and QFile Android apps which work fine, but it won't work on QNotes.
vogash
Starting out

Post by vogash »

My reply is not related to your question, but why did you buy QNAP if you have dependency to myQNAPcloud and cloudlink. On my opinion this is a stupid decision of QNAP to make this dependency. I bought QNAP to have MY PRIVATE CLOUD and not to be depended by others. BTW, myQNAPcloud and cloudlink are disabled in my QNAP and I am able to connect from my app. Small tip, don't keep sensitive data in Qnotes, it is not really stable as it advertized.
Thanks,
legacygt
New here

Post by legacygt »

You're right, your reply isn't related to my question.
ccoxhead
New here

Post by ccoxhead »

Ditto. I have tried local and cloudlink, ssl and without ssl.
josephngary
New here

Post by josephngary »

i am having the same problem as described by legacygt. anyone been able to resolve it?
ppico
New here

Post by ppico »

i am having the same problem as described by legacygt. anyone been able to resolve it?

Me too
kkirvesm
New here

Re: RE: Re: HELP: Cannot log in with QNotes

Post by kkirvesm »

Googleplay Android app cannot log in the note station 2.1. With app for QNotes 3 I can log in (qnote3).
athinaok
Starting out

Post by athinaok »

When i set secure login SSL to true it worked.

Return to “Notes Station”