Lost my Notes, please help.

gabner
Starting out

Lost my Notes, please help.

Post by gabner »

I've been taking notes on my android phone via Qnotes for a few weeks.
My NAS failed and I had to replace it.
Once the new NAS was up and running I reconnected my Phone's Qnotes app to it and watched as all my notes on my phone disappeared and replaced with the default ones from Notes Station.

Nothing is in the trash.

How can I get my files back?
What is the folder path to where the notes are stored on the phone and on the NAS?

Thank you.
Gary
TS-451 (4x WD Red 3 TB, WD30EFRX 64M) Win 8.1
pwilson
Guru

Re: Lost my Notes, please help.

Post by pwilson »

gabner wrote:I've been taking notes on my android phone via Qnotes for a few weeks.
My NAS failed and I had to replace it.
Once the new NAS was up and running I reconnected my Phone's Qnotes app to it and watched as all my notes on my phone disappeared and replaced with the default ones from Notes Station.

Nothing is in the trash.

How can I get my files back?
What is the folder path to where the notes are stored on the phone and on the NAS?

Thank you.
Gary
Simply restore your MySQL Backup to the new NAS. (This is the very scenario that demonstrates why Backups are so important). You must be backing it up very frequently as you (and your phone) are relying so heavily on QNotes Station.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
vogash
Starting out

Post by vogash »

Simply restore your MySQL Backup to the new NAS. (This is the very scenario that demonstrates why Backups are so important). You must be backing it up very frequently as you (and your phone) are relying so heavily on QNotes Station.
By restoring MySQL, you basically restore text. But what is happening to all files attached to the notes?
Thanks,
gabner
Starting out

Post by gabner »

Can i get my notes back?
Where are the files stored on the phone and on the qnap?
Sorry if i misunderstand you but It looks like your pointing me to some tutorial on backing up my NAS.

The NAS's Qnote station is my backup to my phone notes.
gabner
Starting out

Post by gabner »

Anyone?
vogash
Starting out

Post by vogash »

gabner wrote:Anyone?
This is a reason why I don't trust my sensitive data to QNotes. I have many small concerns, that all together become big issue in QNote.
Thanks,

Return to “Notes Station”