Why move from Notes Station 2.1 to 3?

Paul_L
Getting the hang of things

Why move from Notes Station 2.1 to 3?

Post by Paul_L »

I am happily using Notes Station 2.1 on a TS-251. I see Notes Station 3 is available but I can nowhere find how to migrate from one to the other. Is there any good reason I should try and upgrade?
bitminer
Starting out

Re: Why move from Notes Station 2.1 to 3?

Post by bitminer »

Don't worry about it you can't upgrade anyway!

All my attempts over the YEARS have meet with failure. Not surprising. High hopes... there up in smoke - Sammy Hagar. None of the import export or upgrade options work or even worse worked partial leaving one to think the upgrade worked.

Note QNAP in all their security glory will only allow the 'admin' account to upgrade from previous versions of NoteStation. An account acting as admin cannot perform this action. Importing times out and there are serious UI issues.
BlackVortex
New here

Re: Why move from Notes Station 2.1 to 3?

Post by BlackVortex »

Well, this was fun.
I tried to upgrade. I removed the NS2 and tried to install NS3. I couldn't find it on AppCenter. Well, went to the net and downloaded the package. Tried to install and got:

App Installation [App Center] Failed to install Notes Station 3 3.7.3. Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.

Well, darn. Went to net to find some help. Found this little "happy" update info:

After reaching their end of support in July 2020, Notes Station and Qnotes have been removed from QTS App Center, Google Play, and Apple App Store. We recommend using Notes Station 3 and Qnotes 3 to benefit from the next-generation note-taking features. For details on how to transfer your notes from Notes Station 2 to Notes Station 3, see the following tutorial: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... -station-3

So, now i have no NS2 OR NS3 on my NAS (TS-231) and i am afraid to remove the app from my phone too.

What makes this even more infuriating is, that this is the app i use daily and now i can't...

So, anyone has the NS2 package they could share?

Return to “Notes Station”