Notes Station Beta3 release

QNAP_ShirleyL
Starting out

Notes Station Beta3 release

Post by QNAP_ShirleyL »

QNAP Notes Station enables you to create digital notebooks on the private could provide by the Turbo NAS. It’s easy to leverage the rich files, photos, music and video collection stored on the Turbo NAS to enrich your notes. With the Notes Station, your digital memories are safely kept for instant access.

Support Browser
Google Chrome 30 or higher

Supported NAS
QNAP Turbo NAS x12, x19, x20, x21, x59, x69, x70, x79 series.

Notes Station provides a straight-forward interface for note taking. On editing the notes, you can easily insert all kinds of files stored on the Turbo NAS as part of your notes or as attachment to enhance the content. The Media Library of QTS 4.1 provides multimedia file preview to help quickly find the correct files to insert.

1. Install Notes Station

To install the Notes Station on the Turbo NAS, please first log into the Turbo NAS as an administrator and make sure that your Turbo NAS is connected to the Internet. Go to “App Center” > “Utilities” > “Notes Station”, and the Notes Station App can be found there (QTS 4.1 or higher versions only.)

After the installation is finished, you can start to use the Notes Station. A three-tier architecture (Notebook, Session and Note) is adopted in the Notes Station to manage your notes. Notes can be viewed in four different modes: Book, Tag, Tasks and Calendar.

2. Install Notes Station Clipper

What’s even better, Notes Station provides you the Notes Station Clipper for Chrome extension allow you to flexibly grab online content. Note-taking is absolutely easy.

You can find “Notes Station Clipper” in Google Chrome Web Store.

Then click “ + FREE” to install.

After the installation is finished, the Extension for Notes Station Clipper icon will appear next to the address bar of Chrome.

If this is the first time you log in to Notes Station Clipper, please enter the IP of your Turbo NAS, your account name and password to start Notes Station Clipper. To log out or change to a different account, please click the icon on the top right hand corner.

After successful login, you can start to clip a web page or Gmail.

If you have any question, please let us know.
Click the button which was on the top right hand corner on Notes Station.
It will take you to our Facebook page.
Thank you, and please enjoy it.

Protoplazm
New here

Re: Notes Station Beta3 release

Post by Protoplazm »

QNAP_ShirleyL wrote:QNAP Notes Station enables you to create digital notebooks on the private could provide by the Turbo NAS. It’s easy to leverage the rich files, photos, music and video collection stored on the Turbo NAS to enrich your notes. With the Notes Station, your digital memories are safely kept for instant access.

Support Browser
Google Chrome 30 or higher

Supported NAS
QNAP Turbo NAS x12, x19, x20, x21, x59, x69, x70, x79 series.
WIll x51 be supported?
bugyou3
Know my way around

Post by bugyou3 »

Nice broken images... Sigh.
Qnap Community Forums - No spam and no idiots in charge. Move now!
Protoplazm
New here

Post by Protoplazm »

Am I missing something as to TS 251 not supported for the BETA? Will the final release be supported on x51's?
mrtsb
New here

Post by mrtsb »

Hi, Since I upgraded to Notes beta I now get an error 503
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at 192.168.1.101 Port 8080

any ideas?
Thanks Mike
mardiefe
First post

Post by mardiefe »

Hi there

I have the same error when accessing internally and over the Internet :cry: How to fix it? Anyone got any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes
Mardiefe
ledude
New here

Post by ledude »

got the feeling no one from qnap is monitoring this channel.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

have to use support ticket
http://helpdesk.qnap.com/

;[ also if possible try mention this thread to get their attention :mrgreen:
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
jpirie
Starting out

Post by jpirie »

Hmmm,
Seems to me to be another Beta Howler. I like the look of the new interface and it's simplicity but....
Can't import previous Station2.1 notes file
Can't merge previous Notes station
Can't use

Opened support Ticket.

Support Cannot replicate my issues therefore it's my fault...again. Obviously my drives are faulty? What's that all about guys?

Anyway, my drives check out perfectly on the SMART testing and there are no error reports in the logs so I can't use the Beta Notes Station

I'm also wondering if there will be an option to import from Evernote as in the previous version? That might get me over this bump in the road.
James
jpirie
Starting out

Post by jpirie »

'm no expert here but, I have experienced this issue...far too many times for this to be a serious notes taking application sadly!
The only way to fix it is to remove the application and re-install. I would back up my notes also...just in case.

If that doesn't work for you then...I'm stuck sorry.

Don't think Support will be able to solve it though, they don't seem particularly good with Notes Station. They have blamed my HDD's on the fact that I can't import previous notes station files to the new Beta! Hmm

Good luck.

JAmes
mardiefe wrote:Hi there

I have the same error when accessing internally and over the Internet :cry: How to fix it? Anyone got any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes
Mardiefe
gbhec
Starting out

Post by gbhec »

I have just installed Note Station 3.0.23 but when I try to open it I get new browser page with HTTP 500 internal server error. Am I missing a something that hasn't started up correctly?
xtb
Starting out

Post by xtb »

Installed yesterday, importet the notebooks from my old Station ... everythin works fine so long.

What I miss is a backup tool. I want want the station to back up all notebooks once a week. This worked fine with the old station, but I could not find it within the new beta 3 :)
mstamate
Getting the hang of things

Post by mstamate »

Not working on 4.3.3 on 253A
jpirie
Starting out

Post by jpirie »

xtb wrote:Installed yesterday, importet the notebooks from my old Station ... everythin works fine so long.

What I miss is a backup tool. I want want the station to back up all notebooks once a week. This worked fine with the old station, but I could not find it within the new beta 3 :)
gbhec wrote:I have just installed Note Station 3.0.23 but when I try to open it I get new browser page with HTTP 500 internal server error. Am I missing a something that hasn't started up correctly?
Good Morning xtb and gbhec

First of all, I'm sorry if I have disappointed you with a response that is not a solution as such :) But it's still nice to get a reply right? :)

I wonder if you have contacted QNAP with your concerns? This is a Beta software and, I suppose, is still under development. You will notice a few things that don't yet work, for example the web clipper!! I admit that the Dev team are not the fastest in the world but, usually, they will respond and things get sorted. However not if they are not informed and prodded a bit ;)

I'm not aware of any direct Beta contact method but I just contact them via the Help Desk and report the issue as a "Bug" IF they intend to address your issue they will let you know. I find that the biggest barrier to this process is that they cannot reproduce your bug at QNAP towers, I suspect mostly because they use the units Exactly as intended with the bare minimum of apps loaded and the most compatible hardware setup which, in my experience, is not how most of us utilise this product. <Dons flameproof suit> I have lost count of the number of times that the "solution" offered to my problem is to reformat and re-initialise my NAS or change my HDD's or RAM etc etc. I understand that these are troubleshooting steps but, certainly from the changing HDD point of view, most of us can't afford to take this pathway. Decent HDD's are still quite expensive in my opinion.

I must admit, that once you get Notes Station 3 up and running, and it is by no means a walk in the park, then it is in fact much more efficient than it's predecessor. I have a Bug report in Re: remote encrypted note access. The Password protection does not work for the remote access viewer "Incorrect Password" I have reported that, it has been confirmed as a bug and it will be fixed....they say ;)

Good Luck.

James
DDefazio
New here

Post by DDefazio »

I recently installed Note Station 3 Beta and migrated my data from Note Station.

Although the application is running and working well, I haven't been able to find a way to schedule a backup. In the older version of Notes it would have backup my data nightly if any changes have been applied.
Has anyone else ran into the same problem and have you been able to resolve the issue?

Return to “Notes Station”