How to Backup Notes Station or move to an other NAS

gefandi
First post

Re: How to Backup Notes Station or move to an other NAS

Post by gefandi »

I also lost all notes, I backupped them using phpMyAdmin (thank god!),
then I reinstall qnote and it works,
I import my database of notes, they are all back, but after restart of qnap server qnote is no longer accesible, no desktop shortcut although installed..

please qnap, give us an old version of qnote, 2.1.55 killed everything

For Backup: install phpMyAdmin, login with root/admin, select qnote database on the left and click export
bitminer
Starting out

Post by bitminer »

my15clicks wrote:Has anyone gotten an answer as to where the notestation files are located? I upgraded notestation and lost all my notes.
The answer to where its "files are located" is in the SQL server database which for my NAS is MariaDB. This can be accessed from the phpMyAdmin console with root db password. There you will find a db for note station 2.x titled qnote. This is where the "files" or more to the point data is stored. Worst case you could export the database, though I am sure mileage may vary as to the success of that approach.
theincogtion
Starting out

Post by theincogtion »

I face the same problem is there any update on this topic? Very sad that there is no automatic backup option.
Tryphon
Getting the hang of things

Post by Tryphon »

Hello,

I also lost many notes after upgrading to NoteStation 3. Due to lack of time, I never investigated how to recover the notes. As said before, phpMyAdmin shows that the databases for NoteStation 2 are there in .@qmariadb/data. Also phpMyAdmin shows the user uid matching the accounts to access the notes. I found a way to access again to my notes. Check/restore/create the same users in QTS. Open ssh terminal and connect to the NAS and enter:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/passwd
and check relevant uid.

If uid for users are not the same in phpMyAdmin (write down current uid for existing users you want to modify) :

Code: Select all

usermod -u 123 yourusername 
Install again NoteStation 2.1. Export your books. Restore original uid for modified existing users (otherwise they will no longer access to their own data in the system).

By this way I recovered all my notes (uid was the trick: the same user name is not enough to access the data in linux OS).

Hope this helps.

Return to “Notes Station”