How to Backup Notes Station or move to an other NAS

bossini
First post

How to Backup Notes Station or move to an other NAS

Post by bossini »

Hi,

because I had a firmware problem that could not be solved, I had to setup the Nas totally new - actually I bought a new after. Now I m more concerned about the data on the NAS and use old as backup NAS. Backup is done by NAS to NAS replication.

Notes Station looks very interesting to me but how can I backup the data from it or copy it to an other new NAS. I could not find its location in shares. Also RTRR would be interesting because I also got one QNAP at an other location. Because I would put lots of stuff on it, Backup is something essential for me.
QNAP_ShirleyL
Starting out

Re: How to Backup Notes Station or move to an other NAS

Post by QNAP_ShirleyL »

Hi,
You can click the setting button on your Notes Station to backup your data.

We provide you to export your Notes Station data by notebook with a zip file.
You can choose to backup all your Notebook or several.

Then, same as import.
You can import the zip file to Notes Station on you new NAS.

Thanks for your attention, hope you enjoy it.
gutec
New here

Post by gutec »

this Import Export function is very nice, but I would like to automate this like I do with all other date on my TS-670 Pro

ist this possible?
vogash
Starting out

Post by vogash »

First of all, I would like to say that Notes Station can be very popular app.
Now,pay attention, that export function is not perfect.
From my experience I found out that once I did export file, I could see that not only existing notes has been exported, moreover all default Notes Station's and my deleted notes. Meaning everything that ever was in Notes Station will appear after import.
I sent several messages (with defects/suggestions) in facebook (https://www.facebook.com/notesstation.qnap), but no response.
I also had some problems with Mobile Version, but once I wanted submit BUG REPORT, the app is still not in the list http://www.qnap.com/i/en/support/con_show.php?cid=22
On my opinion QNAP should put more attention on this strategy app, because many people now care about their privacy and content which is kept in Google, Facebook, etc. servers

P.S. Sorry, that I discovered other items not related to the subject. I hope to find more response and information in this forum: http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=319

Thanks
Thanks,
aaronliu
Starting out

Post by aaronliu »

Thanks, vogash.
I will report this bug to my team.
Notes Station is a application which is keep growing.
Please keep contact with us, and we will surprise you.
frenap
New here

Post by frenap »

Qnap is my own privat cloud and I like qnotes to sync all my data with familiy. But I hate the guugle sync for calander etc. This is kind of paradox for me. On one hand, wie are happy, to put our data save on qnap - on the other hand we sync our calender items with the data octopus.
antarex
New here

Post by antarex »

Is there any news on this subject ? The possibility to automaticaly backup the Notes of the different users is really important, the apps cannot be used without a reliable backup (an export involving every user every day is not a reliable option).

Is it possible to schedule a backup of notes through the standard backup procedure ? Is there a specific directory to include in the backup ? Where are stored the notes on the nas, is it possible to move the notes to a specific partition/disk set ?
Raid
Starting out

Post by Raid »

I would like to reinforce the comments made by others with regard to Note Station.

I looked at Note Station as a possible replacement for my current Android based notes App. The Android App does have both password and security protection for user specified notes, only as I just found out it's way to easy to bypass :S (another App with the illusion of security).

Note Station is very powerful and its give me some great ideas to make my day easier. It looks as thought it would be an excellent replacement, but I don't seem to be able to backup data or encrypt files.

I'm happy to be corrected if I have in any way misunderstood this application.
TS-451 - 4.1.2 20150126 Primary NAS, 4 x WD60EFRX
TS-410 - 4.1.2 1229 Backup NAS, 4 x WD40EFRX
TS-409 - 3.3.2 OAP NAS, 4 x ST31500341AS
eeeuser1
Know my way around

Post by eeeuser1 »

As I see it now, V2.1 has a scheduled backup option to run as often as you like and keep several old versions of it.

I've tested a restore and it seems fine to me.
kevin.carbonaro
Starting out

Post by kevin.carbonaro »

Somehow I do not see the option to do scheduled backup anywhere, although I have a notes tation backup file with extension .qnb and the import seems to only allow qns/qnsx files. How am I supposed to import this file please?
scheng
First post

Post by scheng »

Hi,

I'm new to the QNAP NAS less than a week (TS-231, QTS 4.2.2). I found it fascinating and frustrating at the same time!
I remembered that I configured the backup task for the Notes Station but just couldn't find it afterward.
And it took me a while to discover this hidden setting, and here is how -

1. run Notes Station on your NAS desktop
2. click "Settings" icon on your Notes Station page
Capture4.JPG
3. All you have to do is to click this drop down box to select "Full Backup" and you can then schedule your backup task.
Capture3.JPG
I guess they must have added this function in a hurry, buried it under a not-so-trivial/existing tab - "Export"!!

Enjoy!

related subject: "How to schedule a backup task for Notes Station for QNAP QTS 4.2.2"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tstark
New here

Post by tstark »

I do not think this is a hidden option, it looks like it is related to security and this full backup/restore is only available when logged in as admin. It seems to make full backup of any accounts that may use Notes Station. It is not intuitive but works fine so matter of getting used to it.
Cheers,
Tomasz (QNAP HS251+)
bitminer
Starting out

Post by bitminer »

Yeah who at QNAP would have thought to say add this to the documentation?

Like say at:
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... es-station
They did say you can backup from Evernote
https://www.qnap.com/solution/note-station/en/

So QNAP can say it's sort of NOT as advertised... if you get what I mean.

I mean I only had to search though the docs, help desk, and tutorials... only to find it here.

QNap does appear to store Note Station goop in qnote database in the NAS database witch can be viewed by phpMyAdmin

I have also asked for backup capability for Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station. I have lost so may play lists and photo tags it is really not funny at this point. They did say that it would be a good idea though to provide a feature to backup their own stuff.

They have backup station, only wish they had a back up station to back up their station apps. Say a Station Backup Station.

I mean this is kinda a really really bad joke when you think abut it... here is a device that is designed to back things up, but can't back up itself very well (read not at all). Anyone tried that Backup button on Backup/Restore in General settings in the control panel? I did. Boy was that an exercise in futility..... I mean seriously. They can't even back up their own configs.
lschingtw
New here

Post by lschingtw »

It does not work as advertised, my notes disappeared a few days ago and it is impossible to restore.

Somewhere between switching note station versions all data disappeared and the helpdesk is unable to retrieve old notes (database).

I have killed note station on my qnap, and found a version floating on my android tablet that hadn't synched.

As far a I can see on the tablet, it is impossible to export the data, copy action for the future, one by one.
my15clicks
First post

Post by my15clicks »

Has anyone gotten an answer as to where the notestation files are located? I upgraded notestation and lost all my notes.

Return to “Notes Station”