Trouble enabling serving side includes

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
geefreck
First post

Trouble enabling serving side includes

Postby geefreck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

For some reason I have not been able to get server side includes working. I have a TS-231+
I've googled the ** out of this, and tried last week. I'm only running this locally on my LAN.
In this case, I've been using SSI forever on my host, and it works fine there. Didn't have to enable it.

Onto business. Please keep in mind I'm a newb at apache tweaking.
I've edited my httpd.conf (located at /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/apache/original). Here are the parts I've edited to match all the things googlein' has told me to do:
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks Includes
Options +Includes
AllowOverride All
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

Also I did the same thing below:

<Directory "/root/daily_build/4.2.1/Model/TS-X41/../../NasMgmt/HTTP/apache_install_tmp/htdocs">
#...

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes

#...
AllowOverride Options

#...
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

</Directory>

As well as:
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

Most sites (including some here in the qnap forums) say to do "options +Includes". I've done that, and tried just Includes (no plus). My pages are.shtml files. No luck, SSI just never seems to work. The pages in my browser (192.168.1.123/sitefolder/site.shtml) come up without the included parts.
Like I said, they work fine on my webhost.

The text in my shtml page is as such:
<!--#include virtual="menu.txt"-->

All the files and folders are just a straight transfer from the host to my NAS's web folder.

EDIT: I also stuck in AllowOverride All and AllowOverride Options to try and get a .htaccess file in my webpage folder to do the work (although I'd prefer to just do a general SSI enable). Stuck this in there
AddDefaultCharset utf-8
Options +Includes
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

I hope this is just something simple that I just missed or didn't know how to do. If you need any additional info let me know.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”