Update MySql to latest version. Possible?

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
mh11
New here

Re: Update MySql to latest version. Possible?

Post by mh11 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 am

Not really on topic here, but as I mentioned the old PHP version, I should also inform you that I received an e-mail from QNAP today, telling me that PHP 5.3.29 is released with QNAP 4.1.1 and can be downloaded here:

http://www.qnap.com/i/uk/product_x_down ... pe=2&II=10

I personally will wait until it is offered in the "check for new FW" (until now, it's telling me, my 4.1.0 is up-to-date)

lancia
Starting out

Post by lancia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:24 pm

But MySQL is still the same version!

mh11
New here

Post by mh11 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:46 am

They sent me an e-mail with this:
MariaDB is scheduled for Q4 (2014).

ItsDavid
New here

Post by ItsDavid » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:24 am

This is my first post here at the Qnap forum.

I have only owned my Qnap NAS (TS-653 Pro) for a few months but i can tell you i am disgusted with my choice to purchase the Qnap over Synology. I cannot believe Qnap disregards these applications that we use for developing and maintaining our websites to get sooooo far outdated with no real way for the end user to keep things up to date ourselves. I have updated my phpMyAdmin however i cannot use it because it requires me to update to at least Mysql 5.5. So i went on a goose chase here around the forums trying to find out how to update Mysql only to find out it's not really possible until Qnap makes the update and one thing i have noticed is that many users have requested and voted for these updates with no results from Qnap. These are applications that should always be kept up-to-date because of security related issues. My solution to get this updated and keep them up-to-date is that i will be selling my Qnap and moving on to another company/brand that actually takes these issues seriously and "ACTS UPON THEM" by keeping their products updated allowing and helping their customers to stay safe on the web. One last note: Qnap admins i hope you read my reply here because i have no intentions of stopping here after my reply to this thread. I will be creating an "Anti-Qnap" presence around the web simply because i believe that the companies lack of care for customer security should be a "Door Closer For The Qnap Company". Truth shows here in the Qnap Community showing that, this is not my "Individual feelings or statements about Qnap". Qnap doesn't give a ** about our security risks involved using their products so why should we give a ** if they say in business. I have spoken, Now i have work to do.

P.S. It's pretty sad that this has to be my first post about Qnap. I will be retiring and putting up for sale my couple month old Qnap TS-653 Pro and investing in another product. Qnap's lack of updates does not constitute a need to be a victim on my part.

adicon
First post

Post by adicon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Just yesterday submitted another ticket and this morning support tean answered:

The next step of database application, there will be "MaridaDB" (QPKG) for optional on App center.
Now test team is testing it for integration and we wish you could provide some time for its release.

forkless
Experience counts

Post by forkless » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=100029

Been running this (beta QPKG) MariaDB binary drop-in replacement for MySQL for a month now.

EDIT: Or better yet, get the stable from the App Center

rjentsch1
New here

Post by rjentsch1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:39 pm

any news on this .... meanwhile several apps request Version >10

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17 pm

pretty sure mariadb has been updated since 2015..so please don't necropost

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”