Problem installing SSL certificate

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
piccilore
First post

Problem installing SSL certificate

Post by piccilore »

gnfvxcd wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:50 am To me it wasn't totally clear which of the certificates were needed at the import.

I got the certificate to import by importing the following files/certificates:

1. Certificate -> Private key without password protection already signed by certificate authority
2. Private Key -> Generated private key without password protection and not signed by certificate authority
3. Intermediate Certificate -> Public key certificate from the signing certificate authority

If you use an internal openssl Certificate Authority the commands needed for this were the following:
(In this example I assume you already got your ca and subca certificates)

1. Creating private key.

Code: Select all

openssl genrsa -out nas.example.home.key 2048
2. Create csr. (the "server_cert" extension must be defined in the openssl.cfg file)

openssl req -config openssl.cfg -new -sha256 nas.example.home.key -out nas.example.home.csr
3. Sign the csr with the subca/ca key. (Path to the signing certificate must be defined in the openssl.cfg)

openssl ca -config openssl.cfg -extensions server_cert -days 720 -notext -md sha256 -in nas.example.home.csr -out nas.example.home.pem
I'm trying your procedure but when I run step 2

openssl req -config /etc/ssl/openssl.cfg -new -sha256 nas.example.home.key -out nas.example.home.csr
I get error:

req: Use -help for summary.
Can you help me?
OneCD
Guru

Re: Problem installing SSL certificate

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=32&t=131681 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”