Wrong QNAP Web root folder appears in Win SMB folder list

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
glong
New here

Wrong QNAP Web root folder appears in Win SMB folder list

Post by glong »

Unfortunately I don't have the time to dive deep into why I'm experiencing this problem - it looks like a linux links thing and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

When I open my QTS 5 QNAP NAS in Windows Explorer (ie \\QNAP..\Web) I see the \Web folder. However, this is not the web root folder being served by apache.

Apache is serving from "/share/Web" (which is really /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web) -

Code: Select all

DocumentRoot "/share/Web"
But the "Web" folder appearing in Windows SMB is /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Web

Add to this, I can't find anywhere (on QNAP resources) the correct permissions for apache web root and virtual sites underneath.

Can someone please set me straight on what's going on here. I'm such a noob with this (except the last time I needed to tool around with apache conf was in the 1980's and that skill is long gone).

Many thanks
Greg
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Wrong QNAP Web root folder appears in Win SMB folder list

Post by FSC830 »

Check in shared folders if the share "Web" points to /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web.
If so, you need to modify the path to /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Web or add a second share (i.e. Web2) for accessing the correct directory.

Regards

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”