Internal Server Error DNS Nextcloud problem?

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
gazy98
New here

Internal Server Error DNS Nextcloud problem?

Post by gazy98 »

Hi i have an issue with my nextcloud Installation.
I have installed nextcloud on a Qnap NAS via web installer. Everything works so far but if i click on “Apps” i see an Internal server error.

On Admin error protocols i can see one error
Exception: Call to undefined function OC\Http\Client\dns_get_record() in file ‘/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/nextcloud/lib/private/Http/Client/DnsPinMiddleware.php’ line 57

On Qnap NAS i have a DNS via XXX.myqnapcloud.com. As said before if i enter XXX.myqnapcloud.com:8081/nextcloud i have access to nextcloud but cant download any apps.

How can i resolve that?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Internal Server Error DNS Nextcloud problem?

Post by dolbyman »

So u installed nextcloud via web install or via qpkg..unclear

I would not put nextcloud native on the QNAP..put it on a container or VM (I run nextcloud in a VM and I see TONs of attacks on the firewall I run in front of it)

Then make sure your NAS Web GUI is never ever ever exposed to WAN
gazy98
New here

Re: Internal Server Error DNS Nextcloud problem?

Post by gazy98 »

Thanks dolbyman for your quick answer. I was trying few things but i had problems on almost all versions .
Version1(The problem mentioned above) : i have added the setup-nextcloud.php to my web dir and installed via browser with mariaDB and php my admin qpkg. I was happy that it is working with ssl. Thats why that version was best but have the DNS problem and dont have access to apps with internal server error.

Version2: I have a container running with Nextcloud, Mariadb and Adminer. I have access to it but im not able to access via SSL... I was trying for few days but i dont know how to do that. Nextcloud is running in NAT Adapater mode on port 33380 and 33381. But i donw know how to activate SSL to access it.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”