php.ini reverts back automatically after restart

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
plexa
Getting the hang of things

php.ini reverts back automatically after restart

Post by plexa »

Dear friends, im out of clue and my brain is exhausted, please explain me following thing:

I have two Qnaps: 809 PRO and 879 PRO as you know the operating system's are different a little.

While no problem at all with 809 PRO php.ini a 879 PRO php.in makes me crazy.

I made very simple thing for example:

Buy gui, winscp and other ways i add to php.ini a line:

[Zend]
zend_extension = /mnt/ext/opt/apache/modules/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
(OR WHATEVER CHANGE)

then whatever i do (save), it works, but after /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh restart

or restart TS-879 PRO reverts this file to the file before save.

While no problem to manage php.ini in TS-809 PRO. (Its stored and works.)

My question is maybe how its possible? is there another php.ini stored in the system?

i supposed that the default php.ini is stored at /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/php.ini

its there, can be saved and readed but after restart of www services - its reverted to original again.

any ideas?

I found also that sometimes saving php.ini does not works via gui...

Plexa
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: php.ini reverts back automatically after restart

Post by Toxic17 »

care to enlighten us on what the version and build number of your firmware is? have you contacted QNAP directly by submitting a ticket?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Best guess QNAP has still not fixed the Qthttpd.sh - While Zend is compiled into the php image (so no need for a [Zend] section in php.ini per se), the [Zend] section is forced removed if the Zend tarball ( /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update_pkg/Zend.tgz ) file can't be found af far as I remember.

Well possible, your TS-809 still has this file in place (probably a remaining from the Multimedia Station?) - while a "normally" configured NAS does not have it.

Complain to QNAP Customer Service. The "Web Server" feature on the NAS is not maintained good enough in my opinion.
plexa

Post by plexa »

no, not contacted support yet, i called our country support and explained the subject, they sai that factory may suggest clear all settings in my machine (revert to factory state), this is NONSENSE. When i want to have not configurable server i would use hammer instead.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

...and they will realize that the Web Server Apache config files won't be reset (among a few other minor things...). Not even convinced a factory reset does clean-out no longer required tar balls from the update folder. But that's another story.

Here the Zend config check in /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh around line 473 - if the Zend.tgz does not exist, or the Zend support is explicitly disabled ...

[ -f ${ZEND_SOURCE} ] || /sbin/setcfg QWEB PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT FALSE -f /etc/default_config/uLinux.conf
PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT=`/sbin/getcfg QWEB PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT -d FALSE -f /etc/default_config/uLinux.conf`

Starting at line 270 in /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh ... there it goes your Zend section by rmcfg:

if [ "x${PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT}" = "xTRUE" ]; then
/bin/grep Zend ${PHP_INI} 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
/sbin/setcfg Zend zend_extension_manager.optimizer /usr/local/apache/modules/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0 -f ${PHP_INI}
/sbin/setcfg Zend zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts /usr/local/apache/modules/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-3.3.0 -f ${PHP_INI}
/sbin/setcfg Zend zend_optimizer.version 3.3.0a -f ${PHP_INI}
/sbin/setcfg Zend zend_extension /usr/local/apache/modules/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so -f ${PHP_INI}
/sbin/setcfg Zend zend_extension_ts /usr/local/apache/modules/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so -f ${PHP_INI}
fi
else
/bin/grep Zend ${PHP_INI} 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null
if [ $? = 0 ]; then
[ -x /sbin/rmcfg ] && /sbin/rmcfg Zend -f ${PHP_INI}
fi
fi

Test?

[~] # /sbin/getcfg QWEB PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT
[~] # /sbin/setcfg QWEB PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT TRUE
[~] # /sbin/getcfg QWEB PHP_ZEND_SUPPORT
TRUE
[~] # ls -ls /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update_pkg/Zend.*
ls: /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update_pkg/Zend.*: No such file or directory

...add something like this dummy Zend section to /etc/config/php.ini near to the end...

Code: Select all

[Zend]
a = 1
[~] # tail /etc/config/php.ini
[Printer]

[mbstring]

[FrontBase]

[exif]

[Crack]

[Zend]
a = 1

[~] #

...and restart the Web Server service...

[~] # /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh restart

...check php.ini ...

[~] # tail /etc/config/php.ini
[Printer]

[mbstring]

[FrontBase]

[exif]

[Crack]

[~] #

This is currently the QNAP Web Server "standard" - up and including QTS 4.1.2 Build 20140126. Food for your support channel.
plexa

Post by plexa »

Thanks, many thanks for the suggestions! I dont know why I have to find such system holes!!!!
plexa

Post by plexa »

Thank you Shumaku, finally i run the system for two days... then after i found another strange behavior http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=103167 of the "QNAP PRO" operating system. Somehing delete my extension folder. So i repeat this and repeat this, and still cannot believe.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

it would appear QNAP have changed some of PHP or clearing it out, since eaccelerator is not part of php.ini (default) nor can i find it listed in phpinfo.php. Perhaps they are now working on an upgrade path to php 5.4/5.5 since other NAS vendors are already running newer PHP. I like the fact Asustor have created a packge for php5.5.13 installation and isnt part of the Firmware build.

Here's hoping!
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
plexa

Post by plexa »

Note: For new, who will install Zend optimizer on Qnap (OS version 4.1.2 and up), Zend optimizer 3.3.0 is no more valid for PHP version 5.3,
please download Zend Guard 32-bit (Zend Guard Loader (Runtime for PHP 5.3) - 32 bit ) from http://www.zend.com/en/download/1523
then extract the file "ZendGuardLoader.so" to: /mnt/ext/opt/apache/modules/zend/

then add to the end of php.ini

zend_loader.enable=1
zend_extension = /mnt/ext/opt/apache/modules/zend/ZendGuardLoader.so
It is tested and working fine.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

plexa wrote:Note: For new, who will install Zend optimizer on Qnap (OS version 4.1.2 and up), Zend optimizer 3.3.0 is no more valid for PHP version 5.3,
please download Zend Guard 32-bit (Zend Guard Loader (Runtime for PHP 5.3) - 32 bit ) from http://www.zend.com/en/download/1523
then extract the file "ZendGuardLoader.so" to: /mnt/ext/opt/apache/modules/zend/

then add to the end of php.ini

zend_loader.enable=1
zend_extension = /mnt/ext/opt/apache/modules/zend/ZendGuardLoader.so
It is tested and working fine.
I thought Zend Guard and Zend optimizer are totally different extensions, and by looking at the Product page Zend Guard is NOT a PHP Optimizer.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

z3d0_
New here

Post by z3d0_ »

I'm refreshing this thread just to report that this issue still remains in the 4.2 beta firmware.

The current solution is to copy back the custom php.ini file to /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/ with the autorun method
plexa

Post by plexa »

yep. and firmware 4.2 is the best php.ini and virtual host and apache.conf cleaner EVER. WILL REVERT BACK YOUR JOB TO ZERO!
jsamaniego
New here

Post by jsamaniego »

Qnap TS-451+
4.3.3.0229 (2017/06/24)

2 years since the first post! the error continue.... php.ini and virtual host and apache.conf cleaner EVER
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

not an error ...embedded system..

neccersary changes can be reapplied automatically...lots of threads about it
jsamaniego
New here

Post by jsamaniego »

Hi dolbyman...

what is the solution?