SOLVED:Web access not working from wan

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
twa231
New here

Re: Web access not working from wan

Post by twa231 »

i have similar situation, only not WAN. I have multiple tunnels across few locations and when on local subnet, there's no issues with ether http or https.
When trying to access mgmt gui from another subnet - stuck in redirect.html? count mode.
809 model, recently upgraded to 4.2.4.

no jumbo frames (not an option for me), running dual nick (802.3ad to cisco switch). note - i dropped aggregation, same results.
no firewalls in between. since running ipsec, maybe mtu plays the role on vpn devices? (below 1500 due to overhead)
suggestions? wireshark? any logs i can look at?

Cheers
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Assuming there is no overlap in the IP subnets on all IPsec VPN conneced sites and hosts...
twa231 wrote:no firewalls in between. since running ipsec, maybe mtu plays the role on vpn devices? (below 1500 due to overhead)
To start with, double check all ICMP traffic between the sites (over the IPsec VPN) is permitted. This will allow the PMTUD to work as expected.

If you are keen look into it, run Wireshark on both ends - or capture the date on th NAS as well as on the client. You will see the NAS sending out a full frame packet, it won't arrive at the other end. Instead, the sender (the NAS IP stack) should receive an ICMP Type 3 message...

Overall, many other applications making use of the IPsev VPN environment must have similar issues, too.
djlevi
Starting out

Post by djlevi »

SOLVED PROBLEM:
As i was maintaining from the begining, QNAP Technical crew has not been up to the challenge, neither had any interest in solve my problem.
After more than a year, finally all is working again. What did i made? "NOTHING" but upgrade firmware to 4.3. In the meantime i changed the router, i changed the net ip adressess, i tested hundred of times qnap and network by changing location, upgrading routes, erasing to fabric my NAS. Nothing worked and finally, after ungrading the firmware to last version (i upgraded in every new update hoping that could be solved) all comes to normal.
I told thousand times that the problem appeared after a firmware upgraded and focused on that but support engineers told me that it wasn´t their problem. Even people in this forum doubt about my technical skills configuring network setups.
Well my friends, i think i will never buy a Qnap nas neither for me neither for my clients. I will look for any alternative as synology or something else.
Thanks for nothing to all of you that told me that it was my problem an that qnap did not have any relation with this issue, they should be embarrassed now showing themselves as "Gurus".
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

djlevi wrote:What did i made? "NOTHING" but upgrade firmware to 4.3. In the meantime i changed the router, i changed the net ip adressess, i tested hundred of times qnap and network by changing location, upgrading routes, erasing to fabric my NAS. Nothing worked and finally, after ungrading the firmware to last version (i upgraded in every new update hoping that could be solved) all comes to normal.
And this does translate to "nothing". You have not provided any router information, no ARC diagnostics, ...There can be much more, but I won't explain it here because of your **** (censored).

W'e're just users, some with a huge experience in networking, used to learn that virtually _all_ consumer and ISP providers supplied routers are **** (censored). Nobody of us has defined the designations which are changing based on the participation. So please stop p*****g on other peoples heads.

Life is hard.
djlevi
Starting out

Post by djlevi »

For close this thread, I only need to say that all info required by users in here was provided. It was a hard to solve issue but, even when things appear to be so extrange, people need to be modest and try to help instead of make things harder, because at the end all is showing up and you can regret of your words.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”