JumpCloud LDAP with Qnap?

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
atrix415
Know my way around

JumpCloud LDAP with Qnap?

Post by atrix415 »

Sorry if this wrong forum.

Has anyone used JumpCloud? I'm trying to mapped a Windows share with JumpCloud LDAP, no luck.

Current joined user has 'binding' enabled in JumpCloud. JumpCloud user and directories get synchronized.

Here are my settings:

Control Panel > Privilege > Domain Security > LDAP Authentication

LDAP Status: Online
LDAP Sever Host: ldap.jumpcloud.com
LDAP security: ldap://(ldap+TLS)
Base DN: dc=jumpcloud,dc=com
Root DN: uid=network,ou=Users,0=123456789, dc=jumpcloud,dc=com
Password: Enter 'uid=network' password
Users base DN: ou=Users,0=123456789, dc=jumpcloud,dc=com
Group base DN: 0=123456789, dc=jumpcloud,dc=com
sp-giovanni
First post

Re: JumpCloud LDAP with Qnap?

Post by sp-giovanni »

Have you solved this?

Currently experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!
atrix415
Know my way around

Post by atrix415 »

Hi All,

I can confirm JumpCloud has been fully integrated in my environment. If there are any interest I can perhaps chime in on my setup.
(JumpCloud is a online directory service which can provision user accounts and devices.)
tpackert
Starting out

Post by tpackert »

Hello,

I have a new QNAP 1635 configured. I have LDAP configured and the QNAP says it is ONLINE. I have manually confirmed the the LDAP credentials are correct with LDAPSEARCH. However, I am NOT seeing any Domain Users in the list of users.

Is there something on the QNAP I need to do to have it sync the users for the SAMBA group to the QNAP? I think I must be missing a simple step to get the QNAP to sync with Jumpcloud

ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldap.jumpcloud.com:636 -x -b “ou=Users,o=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,dc=jumpcloud,dc=com” -D “uid=ldapservice,ou=Users,o=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,dc=jumpcloud,dc=com” -W “(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)”
Enter LDAP Password:

I grabbed all of the events for the last day from Jumpcloud using powershell and the event api. The only reference to LDAP in the log is two users I created and added to the LDAP directory. I used the HelpDesk app to download the QNAP logs and do not see any LDAP authentication errors there. I changed password to force a fail and that DOES appear in the logs. I tried to submit a QNAP support ticket - but it failed with a simple message service.qnap.com Unable to create ticket.
relyonit
Starting out

Post by relyonit »

Same problem. It doesn't show any users or groups when searching

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”