Browser refused connection

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
coolguns
Starting out

Browser refused connection

Post by coolguns »

I have a TS-420 for 3 years, no problems at all with it.
Lately I get refused connections with any browser. tried another pc, same issue
If I power off the QNAP at the front panel, I can then connect ok after it comes up
if I go back to it later, I can't connect. not sure how long it works before it breaks, at least the very next day it is borked again
Other serivces appear ok, eg Twonky is still working across my network and devices.
I'm only using the default web server in the applications list, I have tried resetting to default - no change,

I need to be able to log in and do my stuff!
i can't imagine what has changed
Im a bit of a noob so be gentle

thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Browser refused connection

Post by dolbyman »

did you update your firmware lately?

if so, report it to qnap via ticket...
coolguns
Starting out

Post by coolguns »

no firmware changes
slugrunner
First post

Post by slugrunner »

I have the same problem with my TS-420. Just recently updated the firmware and also added a 4th WD Red 3TB to my RAID5 config.

After restart it works fine for a few hours, usually up to a few hours, and then it becomes totally inaccessible by any Web browser or Qmanager on the iPhone and the Kodi/RPi can no longer access it either. The LAN IP address still pings ok. The LEDs on the front don't show any issue.

Only way I have found to recover is to force power down the unit and power back on. Loathed to do as it will corrupt the disks.
I have performed multiple file system checks after powering down and all successful.

Not sure if it's related to the added 4th disk but seems more likely related to the latest software update.
Any advice on how to fix greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

latest software update has apparently lots of issues with old kirkwood processors...tons of threads already about it...contact qnap
coolguns
Starting out

Post by coolguns »

Sounds like the same issue I have. I don't believe it is firmware related as I made a conscious decision a while back not to advance past 4.2.2 as I heard it broke Twonky. My system has been completely stable until this issue arose. The fact that everything works after a reboot seems to point to some service on the QNAP that has changed.

The workaround in the meantime has been to schedule auto reboots every day at 4am and I have not seen the issue recur, but it is no doubt still there.
kevieyang
New here

Post by kevieyang »

I was having the same issue, but reverted to 4.3.3.0262 and it was all good again.
coolguns
Starting out

Post by coolguns »

kevieyang wrote:I was having the same issue, but reverted to 4.3.3.0262 and it was all good again.
Does Twonky work with that firmware?
kevieyang
New here

Post by kevieyang »

coolguns wrote:
kevieyang wrote:I was having the same issue, but reverted to 4.3.3.0262 and it was all good again.
Does Twonky work with that firmware?
Not too sure. I wasn't and haven't been using Twonky.

I saw in another thread, that Notes station may have been a factor, so try disabling to removing the app.
coolguns
Starting out

Post by coolguns »

Interesting, Notes Station was a very recent update that I performed, around the time the trouble started.
I have now removed it.
So far my scheduled daily reboots seem to be containing the issue. I will turn them off again and report back when I get a chance.
coolguns
Starting out

Post by coolguns »

I can confirm that my problem is solved. I disabled my workaround (auto restarts) and then removed notes station as suggested and it appears that the app might very well have been the cause. The problem started around when notes station was updated.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”