Same thing is startling me. This seems to be a recurring issue with QNAP since years and I am stymied as I must be overlooking something that should jump in my face. Or am I?
I seem to be unable to use the virtual host functionality and see that this has been happening since years without being able to find the reason or the solution. I would appreciate some help to find how to get the virtual host show my websites instead of the index.php in /Web.
I have two sites using WordPress, one in the default location /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/WordPress and the other one in a subdirectory of /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/wp-tmd/wordpress (separately installed but using the same database).
The virtual host is running listening on ports 8082 and 8083 pointing to these directories, each one having their respective index.php at the ready.
When connecting from the web, the result is always showing the /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web/index.php content (which I have edited to show the same lovely picture as pwilson has kindly mentioned, in order to avoid the recurring redirect to the QNAP admin access screen.
Just adding some info for better understanding. This is the content of my httpd-ssl-vhosts-user.conf, that my QNAP generated:
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Require all granted
SSLProtocol All -SSLv2 -SSLv3
A curl to port 8082 results in:
curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
a curl -v https://REDACTED.ch:8081
* Rebuilt URL to: https://REDACTED.ch:8081/
* Trying 184.108.40.206...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to REDACTED.ch (xx.xx.xx.xx) port 8081 (#0)
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:@STRENGTH
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Certificate (11):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
* ALPN, server accepted to use h2
* Server certificate:
* subject: CN=REDACTED.ch
* start date: Aug 12 21:06:00 2019 GMT
* expire date: Nov 10 21:06:00 2019 GMT
* subjectAltName: host "REDACTED.ch" matched cert's "REDACTED.ch"
* issuer: C=US; O=Let's Encrypt; CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3
* SSL certificate verify ok.
* Using HTTP2, server supports multi-use
* Connection state changed (HTTP/2 confirmed)
* Copying HTTP/2 data in stream buffer to connection buffer after upgrade: len=0
* Using Stream ID: 1 (easy handle 0x562a4f74fda0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: rothpartners.ch:8081
> User-Agent: curl/7.52.1
> Accept: */*
* Connection state changed (MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS updated)!
< HTTP/2 200
< date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 11:29:58 GMT
< server: Apache
< x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
< vary: Accept-Encoding
< content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
* Curl_http_done: called premature == 0
* Connection #0 to host REDACTED.ch left intact
I was expecting the wordpress site to come up, but instead the /Web/index.php is called.
What am I doing wrong?
(TVS 473, FW 4.3.6.0993)