MariaDB: Authentication to host for user using method 'mysql_native_password' failed

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Angelo Mascaro
Starting out

MariaDB: Authentication to host for user using method 'mysql_native_password' failed

Post by Angelo Mascaro » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:47 am

Using HeidSQL I can connect remotely to the MariaDB on the QNAP, but I can't from a C# application. I use the same credential and the connection string is:
server=MYNAS.local;database=MYDB;user id=root;password=MYPASSWORD;persistsecurityinfo=True;characterset=utf8
I tried all the combinations with and without "persistsecurityinfo" "characterset"
I always get the same error:
Authentication to host 'MYNAS.local' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.1.23' to database 'MYDB'
I suppose the problem is caused by the authentication method, but I have no idea how to change the authentication method on client side, neither how to add authentication methods to the NAS.
Being HeidiSQL able to connect, it means that is possible to change the authentication method.

Can anybody help me?

thanks, Angelo

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”