QNAP ddns supporting IPv6 - please add this feature

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
bigcookie
Getting the hang of things

QNAP ddns supporting IPv6 - please add this feature

Post by bigcookie »

Dear QNAP team,

We need the DDNS to support IPv6 as well. With DSlite internet connection, we need to have the DDNS service to support the global IPv6 address. Unfortunately I can only see the IPv4 WAN address.
It would be fine, if I get a variable like %IP% and %IPv6%, so I can select both. As I am able to build my custom URLs, this would be already a big step forward.

Otherwise I cannot access my NAS easily in IPv6 networks. There are ways, but they are dangerous as more devices need to be exposed (e.g. using TR-064 access as in feste-ip.net). Please support IPv6 ddns.

Thanks, regards,

André
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: QNAP ddns supporting IPv6 - please add this feature

Post by Toxic17 »

please direct your question by submitting a ticket with QNAP. QNAP staff do not frequent the forums looking for requests.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Thanks, will do.
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Answer from QNAP:
no specific roadmap known. Team works on IPv6 support.

My takeaway: So for now IPv6 not usable form QNAP NAS... If you have an AVM Fritzbox, their service can help as it generates subdomains for exposed hosts.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

you could run this feature I guess on something like a rasberrypi or if your NAA supports docker, then use that for any extra features you require.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
mlai
Starting out

Post by mlai »

Is it possible for you to CNAME to a QNAPCloud name for the time being? I am using My DDNS via CloudLink which gives me a hostname with myqnapcloud.com domain.
My DDNS updates BOTH ipv4 and ipv6 to myqnapcloud.com and I just point my hostname on my real domain to that via CNAME.

Works like a charm for me.......
bigcookie wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:52 pm We need the DDNS to support IPv6 as well. With DSlite internet connection, we need to have the DDNS service to support the global IPv6 address. Unfortunately I can only see the IPv4 WAN address.
It would be fine, if I get a variable like %IP% and %IPv6%, so I can select both. As I am able to build my custom URLs, this would be already a big step forward.

Otherwise I cannot access my NAS easily in IPv6 networks. There are ways, but they are dangerous as more devices need to be exposed (e.g. using TR-064 access as in feste-ip.net). Please support IPv6 ddns.

Thanks, regards,

André
bigcookie

Post by bigcookie »

Hi,

thanks. When we tried, somehow ipv6 was not updated via ddns.. :-(. Probably a user error.
Yes CNAME would work. I would connect it to a subdomain (i understood u use a tld).

Thanks for the hint, though i still would like to use my ddns service also with ipv6...
komede
New here

Post by komede »

My Provider also switched from IPv4 to IPv6 with DSlite. Since then DDNS does not work anymore. Not QNAP DDNS with myqnapcloud.com and also the Fritz Box DDNS service.
My router FritzBox7490 internaly uses IPv4.

My provider does not want to move me back to my old contract with IPv4 (NetComBW.de).

Please QNAP help! I have other Apps which still can connect and call home. They seem to support IPv6.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

use an external VPN connect server ... or change your ISP

not sure how we are supposed to help you (and as you can read further up .. QNAP does not come here)
TakashiSasaki
New here

Post by TakashiSasaki »

+1
I also hope to have AAAA record being resolved for MYHOSTNAME.myqnapcloud.com.
Because my ISP has switched to IPv6/IPoE, its IPv4 reachability over IPv6 from the Internet is limited now.
I hope I could access via IPv6 by myQnapCloud FQDN.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”