WordPress site fails to load properly on remote access

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
UlrichM
First post

WordPress site fails to load properly on remote access

Post by UlrichM »

Hello, could someone please help a Qnap newbie?

I have a Wordpress website up and running on my QNAP NAS and all's well when accessing it on my LAN. When accessing it remotely, however, it doesn't load properly -- it appears "broken" (sorry if the term isn't correct from a technical viewpoint) as shown in the attached screenshot file.

Thank you so much in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: WordPress site fails to load properly on remote access

Post by dolbyman »

Do not expose your NAS to the internet, unless you like to get hacked and held for ransom
jaysona
Been there, done that

Re: WordPress site fails to load properly on remote access

Post by jaysona »

UlrichM wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:08 pm Hello, could someone please help a Qnap newbie?

I have a Wordpress website up and running on my QNAP NAS and all's well when accessing it on my LAN. When accessing it remotely, however, it doesn't load properly -- it appears "broken" (sorry if the term isn't correct from a technical viewpoint) as shown in the attached screenshot file.

Thank you so much in advance.
There are several things that need to be corrected, however I think you would probably be better served by using one of the plethora of WordPress sites available on the Internet.

To get word press working properly on a QNAP requires fiddling with config files and permission settings via CLI commands using ssh.

While I am sure you could learn how to perform all these activities, the learning curve may be steep, and during the learning process your NAS could be open to potential compromise.

QNAP marketing is great a claiming how simple QNAP NAS' are to setup and use. However many people seem to forget that simple != secure.
RAID is not a Back-up!

H/W: QNAP TVS-871 (i7-4790. 16GB) (Plex server) / TVS-EC1080 (32Gig ECC) - VM host & seedbox
H/W: Asustor AS6604T (8GB) / Asustor AS7010T (16GB) (media storage)
H/W: TS-219 Pro / TS-509 Pro
O/S: Slackware 14.2 / MS Windows 7-64 (x5)
Router1: Asus RT-AC86U - Asuswrt-Merlin - 386.7_2
Router2: Asus RT-AC68U - Asuswrt-Merlin - 386.7_2
Router3: Linksys WRT1900AC - DD-WRT v3.0-r46816 std
Router4: Asus RT-AC66U - FreshTomato v2021.10.15

Misc: Popcorn Hour A-110/WN-100, Pinnacle Show Center 250HD, Roku SoundBridge Radio (all retired)
Ditched QNAP units: TS-269 Pro / TS-253 Pro (8GB) / TS-509 Pro / TS-569 Pro / TS-853 Pro (8GB)
TS-670 Pro x2 (i7-3770s 16GB) / TS-870 Pro (i7-3770 16GB) / TVS-871 (i7-4790s 16GB)

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”