PHP does not execute

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
FO-Studios
New here

PHP does not execute

Post by FO-Studios »

Hello everyone,

i enabled the webserver on my qnap but any php file on it is not executed. Even the preset index.php file cannot be executed...

As you can see in the image: When I try to access any php file, I get asked to download it, which shows that php files are not executed. But I have php enabled in the php.ini file.

Thank you for your replies,
Fabian
Mumbik
New here

Re: PHP does not execute

Post by Mumbik »

The firewall might be restricting the program or antivirus software.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

The (so far) non existent QNAP firewall or the default schedule only clam AV ?

sure you are not a spambot ?
Mumbik
New here

Post by Mumbik »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 am The (so far) non existent QNAP firewall or the default schedule only clam AV ?
sure you are not a spambot ?
Where did you see the spam? Have you decided to suspect me of something? Write to the author of the topic a guide on how to solve the problem. So far, you look like a spam bot.

*edit by dolbyman*

user WAS indeed a spammer...posts were edited with dubios credit card links later>premaban
Last edited by dolbyman on Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: indeed a spammer
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

random posts (vaguely on topic) are often used by spammers/spambots to enable link posting (some boards have restrictions to "first time poster" to post links)

it's just something that happens quite often, so when you challenge on of those spammers and there is no reply .. it's safe to say that this is a fake post

php code is executed server side, how would a users antivirus have any influence on this, so you see how this, posted by a first time poster, raises red flags ?

and yes, I am a spambot with 20k posts over 10 years .. you got me
Mumbik
New here

Post by Mumbik »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 am random posts (vaguely on topic) are often used by spammers/spambots to enable link posting (some boards have restrictions to "first time poster" to post links)

it's just something that happens quite often, so when you challenge on of those spammers and there is no reply .. it's safe to say that this is a fake post

php code is executed server side, how would a users antivirus have any influence on this, so you see how this, posted by a first time poster, raises red flags ?

and yes, I am a spambot with 20k posts over 10 years .. you got me
I'm not good at PHP yet, I just wanted to help a person solve a problem.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Mumbik wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 am Where did you see the spam? Have you decided to suspect me of something?
Apologies @Mumbik: this forum has long had a problem with spambots and they sometimes start by posting generic help. Your first post here (unfortunately) looks just like the sort of thing they post. And bots don't have feelings, so we tend to give them a hard-time. :lol:
Mumbik wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:06 am I'm not good at PHP yet, I just wanted to help a person solve a problem.
Your willingness to help is much-appreciated. :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FO-Studios
New here

Post by FO-Studios »

The problem is solved: The .htaccess file on the web server was configured wrong...

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”