Cant connect to QNAP MarinaSQL Database. Help request

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
MarkNAS2
New here

Cant connect to QNAP MarinaSQL Database. Help request

Post by MarkNAS2 »

Absolute Noob trying to connect to Marina SQL Database on Qnap TP431P3 Remotely any help welcome.
Have set up on my NAS, a working database that I can view and manipulate via phpMyAdmin and website set up as a virtual presence (port 82) that can be browsed at 192.168.1.244:82.
All NAS settings that can be are left at default.
The NAS reports that Web server and MarinaSQL server is running + I have installed Python.
The test database is called “2188329_raspi” and the table “temperature”.
SQLlogin (phpMyAdmin) is “root” and the password “Figureof8SQL! Set by phpMyAdmin ??
Permissions are set for user:
User: 2188329_raspi Password: UltraSlim

Host: % Type: Global: Privileges: All Privileges
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
When using the following script(in the root of the website):
<?php
$mysqli = new mysqli("Localhost", "root", "Figureof8SQL!", "2188329_raspi");
if ($mysqli->connect_errno) {
echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: (" . $mysqli->connect_errno . ") " . $mysqli->connect_error;
}
echo $mysqli->host_info . "\n";

$mysqli = new mysqli("127.0.0.1", "2188329_raspi", "UltraSlim", "2188329_raspi", 3306);
if ($mysqli->connect_errno) {
echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: (" . $mysqli->connect_errno . ") " . $mysqli->connect_error;
}

echo $mysqli->host_info . "\n";
?>

I get: “Localhost via UNIX socket Failed to connect to MySQL: (1045) Access denied for user '2188329_raspi'@'localhost' (using password: YES)”

This is on a local LAN no WAN involved and TCIP connection was selected when setting up MySQL.
Last edited by MarkNAS2 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yiannispap
First post

Re: Cant connect to QNAP MarinaSQL Database. Help request

Post by yiannispap »

I keep all my movie collection in a Qnap TS-451 NAS. I have several TV boxes running Kodi 18 in my home network. I also have an sql server running in my NAS Sharing the movie library.Every Kodi device has a script inside the profile file directing it by IP adress and port number (of my NAS/sql server) to the Data base.Everything works just fine!!! Recently I set up Kodi 18.9 inside the NAS (since it is a media player with HDMI output) I wrote the advanced settings script iside it, but no result!!! Kodi refuses to see the sql database inside the same device!!!! Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!!!

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”