Pointing Website Domain Name to QNAP Hosed Wordpress site

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
90Ninety
Know my way around

Pointing Website Domain Name to QNAP Hosed Wordpress site

Post by 90Ninety »

I know this raises eyebrows 'why bother hosting a website on a QNAP' . Well I am cheap, I want to save the cost of the hosting fee and I get a bit of an ego kick by going down the DIY route, even when I am stuck and end up on the QNAP forums :?
Furthermore I do not keep personal or valuable data on my Qnap , in fact I am struggling to understand why I need it for, however I may have found a reason now , so I digress
I figured that it maybe possible to host my website on my QNAP ( I actually have two of these magic boxes TS451 & TS253pro, perhaps one could be used as a dedicated webserver, this may be more secure than having just one ?)

So far I have
1.Pointed my Domain name service (www.mysiteisgreat_really.com) to my public IP ( Created an 'a' record with pointing to the public IP address of My WAN/Router interface)
2.Running NS lookup www.mysiteisgreat_really.com, returns the correct public IP of my ISP , so I assume I done part 1 ok
3.Opened Ports 80, 8080, 8081 and 443 , ran open port checkers , all OK
4.Enabled Mysql, installed Myphpadmin, and created a database
5.Installed Wordpress and imported and published a theme - added 'Site in construction' in the main header
6. Enabled Webserver and Created a 'Virtual Host' ( Pointing the virtual host to the Web\Wordpress folder)
7.I now feel I missed something , as the website name (www.mysiteisgreat_really.com) brings me to my qnap NAS landing page ( tried both on internal lan and on mobile)

I cant seem to find an up-to-date full comprehensive guide on getting this working . If anyone can chime in on how to get this working I would be very grateful . Thanks

My particular model is a TS451 , 16GB RAM , running QTS 4.5.2.1594 (2021/03/02)
GetSomeRest
First post

Re: Pointing Website Domain Name to QNAP Hosed Wordpress site

Post by GetSomeRest »

Take SSL certificate from Lets Encrypt for your domain name and add directory: > Control Panel > Security > SSL certificate tab
disable myQnapcloud services because this service uses web server ports
delete index.php file in the Web file and reboot your Nas
This must work

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”