MariaDB size

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Cyclops32
First post

MariaDB size

Post by Cyclops32 »

Under the Control Panel -> Applications -> SQL Server I noticed that I could enable a MariaDB. I have it working, but then I started to wonder the location of the data so I did a query and found that it is at /usr/local/mysql/var. That started to make me wonder here it actually is on my NAS.

I did a df /usr/local/mysql/var and it reported the filesystem as /dev/mapper/cachedev1. It appears that it is some where on my volume but I can only see it if I ssh to the name and go to the command line. Is there any other way to monitor the size of the databases as well as making sure I have backups of the data? I know the DB could grow quite large so I want a way to easy monitor it.
Theliel
Know my way around

Re: MariaDB size

Post by Theliel »

It depends on what you mean.

On the one hand there is the database used by the system itself, on the other hand the instance that is launched when you enable the SQL server for your own applications.

Perhaps the easiest way to do it is through MyPHPAdmin in case of your own databases (not system ones), and to see the size of the system databases the fastest way is to connect to SSH and consult it directly with a query, or through any external DB manager tool

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”