Can't Enable Web Server

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
mollyoo
New here

Can't Enable Web Server

Post by mollyoo »

I have a TS112 and each time I try to activate the Web Server the page becomes inactive (frozen) and does not respond. I cannot enter anything on the page and eventually get a message that 10.0.0.10 is not responding - recover web page. I then try to recover the page and windows tries to find a solution to be problem and then get taken back to qnap home page. Any help would be appreciated. I have the latest firmware and only have very basic knowledge. I have reset the nas but no luck.
eCloud9
New here

Re: Can't Enable Web Server

Post by eCloud9 »

I have the TS-212 and am having the same problem, same basic knowledge. I cannot enable the Web Server because the page stops responding.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Wehn the Web UI is hanging while applying to enable an option, ie. the Web server:

First check if there are no RAM disk full mesages in the System Log.

At your own risk:

Ensure SSH access is enabled on the NAS, so you can login from your computer (Windows: puTTY, OS X Terminal app: ä ssh admin@[NAS-IP-address]) using the admin credentials. Then you can enter the commands (the [~] shows just the currecnt directory, the # is the prompt.

Check if /etc/config/uLinux.conf does contain the [QWEB] section (commonly between [WebFS] and [QPHOTO]:

Code: Select all

[QWEB]
Enable = 1
Port = 80
Enable_SSL = 1
SSL_Port = 8081
Enable_WebDAV = 0
[~] # /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh restart

Please post the output - just copy and paste the text from the terminal.

If this is not an option for you, please contact QNAP support.

Regards,
-Kurt.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

mollyoo wrote:I have a TS112 and each time I try to activate the Web Server the page becomes inactive (frozen) and does not respond. I cannot enter anything on the page and eventually get a message that 10.0.0.10 is not responding - recover web page. I then try to recover the page and windows tries to find a solution to be problem and then get taken back to qnap home page. Any help would be appreciated. I have the latest firmware and only have very basic knowledge. I have reset the nas but no luck.
Are you using a "Flash-enabled" Web Browser? (Perhaps try from a different Web Browser, or install "Abobe Flash" to your PC).

How are you setting the network settings on your NAS? If you are using "static" IP on your NAS, doublecheck that the "subnet mask" and "gateway" addresses are correctly defined for your network. If you are setting the IP of your NAS via DHCP, check that the NAS has correct "subnet mask" and "gateway" defined from DHCP.

Can you access your NAS via SSH? If you can you can check your Ethernet settings by SSHing into your NAS and using the following command:

(ifconfig eth0 ; ifconfig eth1 ) | grep inet 
Note: Use "Cut&Paste" to ensure you copy this command properly

It should produce output similar to the following: "inet addr:10.77.13.145 Bcast:10.77.13.255 Mask:255.255.255.0". This output educates that my NAS's IP address = 10.77.13.145 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Compare this result with your PC, to ensure that your NAS and you PC have similar results. (under Windows PC use "ipconfig /all", for MacOS or Linux PC's simply type "ifconfig" at the command line).

Once you have determined the IP address the NAS is using (from the above procedure), you can verify connectivity by going to the command line of your PC, and typing: ping NAS-IP. (For example I would type "ping 10.77.13.145"). If this command produces positive results, then you have verifed that the NAS is where you think it is, so you can do further troubleshooting by trying different browsers to that same IP address.

I hope this advice helps troubleshoot this issue for you.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
eCloud9
New here

Post by eCloud9 »

I found a fix for my TS-212. Perform a full reset using the reset button on the back of the drive, then also reset from the administration page. Web Server now enabled...just make sure you save any files first as everything gets wiped.
Thanks for the responses.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Yes, a full reset does of couese reset the uLinux.conf file mentioned. For many users, this is not an option typically.

Why ever, the Apache config files would _not_ be reset and recreated by this reset.

Glad you have your Web server up and running.

Enjoy,
-Kurt.
c01000100
Starting out

Post by c01000100 »

schumaku wrote:Wehn the Web UI is hanging while applying to enable an option, ie. the Web server:

First check if there are no RAM disk full mesages in the System Log.

At your own risk:

Ensure SSH access is enabled on the NAS, so you can login from your computer (Windows: puTTY, OS X Terminal app: ä ssh admin@[NAS-IP-address]) using the admin credentials. Then you can enter the commands (the [~] shows just the currecnt directory, the # is the prompt.

Check if /etc/config/uLinux.conf does contain the [QWEB] section (commonly between [WebFS] and [QPHOTO]:

[QWEB]
Enable = 1
Port = 80
Enable_SSL = 1
SSL_Port = 8081
Enable_WebDAV = 0
[~] # /etc/init.d/Qthttpd.sh restart

Please post the output - just copy and paste the text from the terminal.

If this is not an option for you, please contact QNAP support.

Regards,
-Kurt.
Tried many other solutions across the forum. This is the only one that actually worked. Thanks for this info. Much appreciated!

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”