[QPKG] COPS - Calibre OPDS

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
luoto
New here

Re: [QPKG] COPS - Calibre OPDS

Post by luoto »

Thank you. I didn't see anything in Filestation other than my regular shares. I will ask a Linuxy-friend to take a look some time as it probably makes perfect sense when one understands deeply that thing! Thanks for now.
drahdiwaberl
New here

Post by drahdiwaberl »

ok.. this took me a while.. knowing too little about calibre..

if someone might despair on it as well: one needs to actually create or move an existing calibre library in that folder to get the metadata.db there - which is read by cops.. it doesn't create it by itself..
sprk
New here

Post by sprk »

For my Qnap I've done the following to get it almost working:
Install qpkg PHP (developer tools)
Start qnap webserver via control center (defaults to port 80)
chmod 777 and chown admin the tree of the /share/Multimedia/Books, it was a solution to get the database file readable
add /share/Multimedia/Books as a source in the config_local file

When I browse to the COPS url: http://191.168.0.20/COPS I do see the correct webpage, and I can search/browse the books.
Unfortunately, when I select a book and press the EPUB or reader (the EYE icon) button, It opens the following url and does nothing:
http://192.168.0.20/COPS/fetch.php?data ... pub&id=568
In the demo I notice you can download and read the books online.
The URL I get on my server looks fine as I compare them to the demo, so it's doing something.
I just get a blank webpage as result. (With and without enabling the rewrite option)

Trying to find some useful logfiles....
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Is there a short cut to create and populate the Calibre database - without installing a fully blown Calibre? The need of a full Calibre install would somehow neglect the advantage of the "light" QPKG here.

Wanted to help some other community members bringing a simple OPDS server up and struggled just like the two previous posters.

Anyone?
goormans
New here

Post by goormans »

schumaku wrote:Is there a short cut to create and populate the Calibre database - without installing a fully blown Calibre? The need of a full Calibre install would somehow neglect the advantage of the "light" QPKG here.
You don't have to install the full calibre on your QNAP, only your epub files, and your database file has to be on your QNAP

-Install Calibre on a Local PC
-place your Epub files on your NAS
-Make a database with your local pc ans save it on your NAS

Follow steps on first post!
perepeal
First post

Post by perepeal »

There is another lightweight OPDS server http://www.sopds.ru/
The installation guide is here https://github.com/mitshel/sopds/blob/master/README.md
It is in Russian, but it is understandable via Google Translate.

It depends on the following packages:
mysql
python3
mysql-connector-python3

The only problem is the last package. I am not sure if mysql-connector-python3 can be installed on QNAP.
CasaP
Know my way around

Post by CasaP »

@ schumaku you could have a look at ubooquity. http://www.forum-nas.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1371 I use this as it has a nice easy to use front end and is very light weight. It doesn't need a calibre install, but it does read calibre metadata & covers etc. Generally you would be nuts not to use Calibre as it is insanely easy to fetch book meta data, covers etc.

I will try this out soon though, although Calibre doesn't play well with NAS, running off one anyway. The database stored on my qNAP always got corrupted, I had to move it to my iMac. Strangely enough, I never had any problem with storing my database when using my old ReadyNAS NV+.
QNAP TS-453Pro w/ 4 * WD RED 4Tb (RAID5) - FW: QTS Build Latest (stable)
QNAP TS-853A w/ 8 * WD RED 6Tb (RAID5) - FW: QTS Build Latest (stable)

OSX 11.2.+
Shtirlits
First post

Post by Shtirlits »

Hi guys

Anyone has a solution to the missing php5-intl dependancy?

Regards
thondo
First post

Post by thondo »

I am using Android 5.1 on an Samsung Galaxy S2 with Aldiko trying to go to your test library and it shows the books but when I attempt to open or download one, Aldiko fails. Anyone else having this issue?
EvdBoogaard
Getting the hang of things

Post by EvdBoogaard »

I installed the .qpkg on my QNAP TS-209 II Pro (yes, yes, I'm aware it's an oldie, but it still works fine). I did not get any errors during installation.
When I open the URL in my browser I get a blank page even though the path to the Calibre file is correct.
Suggestions how to handle this? Where to look for the log file?

Thanks,
Erwin
medric
New here

Post by medric »

is there a way to get the full calibre now that we have full intel cpu or is the virtual station the best option?
mrs4t4n
Know my way around

Post by mrs4t4n »

I can't get this to work... When i edit the config file i get http 500 error...

BTW i try Ubooquity and it works really well! and i can put my comics collection too...
CasaP
Know my way around

Post by CasaP »

I still use Calibre, but only to manage my library, which is on my Mac and backed up in the correct folder layout (a la Calibre, Author / book) to my qNAP where Ubiquity sees the folder layout and can access the metadata saved by Calibre.

Pretty seamless.

Anytime I tried to save the Calibre database to the qNAP (or for that matter my old ReadyNAS) it got corrupted, Calibre does not like NAS partitions. So I wouldn't even try now. Calibre & Ubooquity work for me.

OSX 11.2.+
mrs4t4n
Know my way around

Post by mrs4t4n »

I've my calibre library on the QNap, no problems so far, but now i have a back up, after reading yours issues i feel a little worried :DD
CasaP
Know my way around

Post by CasaP »

I hope you backup your backups too.

OSX 11.2.+

Return to “Community Apps”