[ UrBackup ] [ 2.5.30.0] BareMetal / Files Backup Server

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
cxeonline
New here

Re: [ UrBackup ] [ 2.4.13.1 ] BareMetal / Files Backup Server

Post by cxeonline »

Trying to install on a TS-439 Pro II and I have installed the x86/x64 package from this link https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/213
It installs correctly yet when I click on the app to open it, the website will not load. I get a refused to connect error.
It does not appear to have any options to configure in the app center?
Can someone please help me get this going?
Thanks!
Thepuss
New here

Post by Thepuss »

Salut Stephane!
Will this install/work on a TS-332X (8Gb)
I assume I will need the TS-ARM-X19 package - Will I also need MUSL-Toolchain?
Merci!
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

Hi TS-332x is arm64 no need MUSL for UrBackup for this Processor ARCH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cxeonline
New here

Post by cxeonline »

Stephane,
Any update on my post earlier?
Trying to install on a TS-439 Pro II and I have installed the x86/x64 package from this link https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/213
It installs correctly yet when I click on the app to open it, the website will not load. I get a refused to connect error.
It does not appear to have any options to configure in the app center?
Can someone please help me get this going?
Thanks!
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

x39 are 32bits to me .. so you cannot run 64bits application

may be a chance if cross compilation works with MUSL (I need to check if feasible)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jarhead
Starting out

Post by Jarhead »

Can anyone tell me where to find the logs?
Having a problem with a restore of w2kr2 and need logs.
thebigblubb
New here

Post by thebigblubb »

Hej,
I like to install it on a TS-431P3 with firmware 5.0.0.1891 (HDD migrated from a TS431)

After the migration, I could not connect to the Urbackup server.
Trying to reinstall it -> got this error (App Installation [App Center] Failed to install UrBackup 2.4.13.0. The installation package is incompatible. Use the compatible package.)
I used this package -> QUrBackup_2.4.13.0_arm-x31.qpkg
On the "old" NAS it worked fine

which packed should I use for this NAS ?
Thanks

Br Stefan
thebigblubb
New here

Post by thebigblubb »

thebigblubb wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 pm Hej,
I like to install it on a TS-431P3 with firmware 5.0.0.1891 (HDD migrated from a TS431)

After the migration, I could not connect to the Urbackup server.
Trying to reinstall it -> got this error (App Installation [App Center] Failed to install UrBackup 2.4.13.0. The installation package is incompatible. Use the compatible package.)
I used this package -> QUrBackup_2.4.13.0_arm-x31.qpkg
On the "old" NAS it worked fine

which packed should I use for this NAS ?
Thanks

Br Stefan
Looks like i fixed it using QUrBackup_2.4.13.1_arm-x41

Stay healthy
Br Stefan
ajavor
New here

Post by ajavor »

@QNAP_Stephane

Hi Stephane

New version 2.4.15 has been released. Would it be possible to update the package?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

will take a look when i have time

ajavor
New here

Post by ajavor »

thanks Stephane, the new version works great.
gbruno89
New here

Post by gbruno89 »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 pm will take a look when i have time
i've downloaded the qurbackup 2.4.15 from link for TS-431X2 and it says that is incompatible.

Which versione is the correct one?
gbruno89
New here

Post by gbruno89 »

@QNAP_Stephane
Hi Stephane,

i have 20 clients, only 1 have problem with backup, it doesn't start. where i can found the log file in QNAP to see if there is something more info?

Thanks
PappaJoe
Starting out

Post by PappaJoe »

I upgraded QNTS recently (from 5.0.0.xxxx) and after couple of days noticed that file backups from my Windows box were not being done; when I went to investigate, I could not connect to the UrBackup server via the web interface in the usual way. Inspecting processes directly on the NAS indicated that UrBackup was not running. I'm pretty sure the server started up automatically after previous NAS restarts and/or firmware upgrades so I guess something has gone wrong.

Troubleshooting suggestions will be gratefully received.

Side note: was running UrBackup 2.4.13.0 before so I should probably use this opportunity to upgrade the software, too (in principle, I know how to do this although this will be the first time). Query: are all the server settings automatically inherited when doing the upgrade, or is some sort of manual intervention needed?

UPDATE 1:
Found the following error notification within the QNTS GUI:

"[App Center] UrBackup has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can remove it in the App Center." (the emphasis is mine)

Does the latest (2.4.15.0) version now have a valid digital signature? Should I just manually install this latest version over the top of the old one? Don't want to do something that irretrievably screws things up.

UPDATE 2:
Based on advice found at https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... app-error/, I opened Qboost on the NAS GUI (by clicking on the 'Robot Spaceman' thingy :ashamed: ) and found UrBackup listed in the pop-out under 'Application Management' (note: this image is from after I had managed to get the app running, as described below):

App Management.png

At first, UrBackup had status 'Always Disabled'. I clicked the 'Enable' icon (like a 'play' button) and it seemed like this was going to start the app but after a few seconds of QTS's 'rotating Q' it went back to 'Always Disabled'. However, a second try seemed to do the trick, the status changed to 'Always Enabled', the app got a little green light on the left side, and I could open the UrBackup server administration web page from my Windows box :D

However, after a minute or two, QTS detected UrBackup's rogue status and shut it down again. Rats. :(

UPDATE 3:
In AppCenter|Settings|General checked the box for Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature (pretty sure that box was checked in earlier times, I suspect this got reset to unchecked by default by a firmware update) then repeated the 'enable' steps in Qboost as described above. This time, UrBackup seems to be back to its previous 'it just runs' condition :D :D :D

My queries under Update 1 above still stand, though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • TS-451A
  • QTS 5.0.0.1986
  • OS Language English
  • 2x WD Red WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 1x Ironwolf ST6000VN001 6.0TB as stand-alone volumes
  • No RAID
  • Services enabled: Microsoft Networking, Web Server
  • External devices: 3x USB desktop HDD connected via hub, for backing up the NAS
  • NAS connection speed ? / MTU 1500
dcwds
First post

Post by dcwds »

Hi, I'm install 2.4.15 on TS-431 all working fine, only the Mount image button is missing any ideas how to fix it?

David

Return to “Community Apps”