[ QNZBGet ] [ 21.1.1] Usenet Grabber

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
chris0583
Starting out

Re: [ QNZBGet ] [ 19.0.0 ] Usenet Grabber

Post by chris0583 »

Bump
chris0583
Starting out

Post by chris0583 »

It looks like it fixed itself after a few days. Thanks for chasing away the gremlins.
eric de ruijter
New here

Post by eric de ruijter »

Hello, sorry for asking but i have TS 231p

how can i install nzbget , do i need to install entwre

thanks for your answers
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
eric de ruijter wrote:how can i install nzbget , do i need to install entwre
  • You can install the QNZBGet QPKG (as shown in the first post for this topic) by downloading one of the ARM x31+ packages, then login to your QTS UI, find the App Center and install the package manually,
  • Or you can install the Entware QPKG in the same manner as shown above, then install the NZBGet IPKG at the command-line:

Code: Select all

opkg install nzbget

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
geistwolke
New here

Post by geistwolke »

does the QNZBGet package have any dependencies such as git or python?
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

This file is corrupt please reload file
http://www.positiv-it.fr/QNAP/APP/QNZBG ... 1.qpkg.zip
WeirDave
Starting out

Post by WeirDave »

Hello I loaded in the x86-64 version and it installed just great but I am completely baffled as to what I need to use as my "download" directory. I have tried:
  • creating a shared folder
  • creating a folder
  • using the download directory (that i assume is created by default)
  • making a folder under the "Download" directory
I still get an error message that says "Could not create directory \\XXX No such file or directory".
Questions are:
  • Do I need to create all the folders that are needed?
  • If so, do I need "folders or "shared folders"
  • Do I need to set permissions to something other than the default?
  • How come when I try to go back into the program using the icon it gives me an error "Secure connections (https://) are not supported for this application, are you sure you want to open it? Then I click and the program won't load. Then I have to reinstall for it to work again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
\\/eir]>ave
--------------------
Model: TS-653A 4GB
FW: 4.4.1.1146 Build: 20191206
Hard Drives: Seagate ST3000DM001 - 3TB | Toshiba MDo4ACA500 - 5TB | Western Digital - WD6001FZWX - 6TB | Seagate ST8000DM004 - 8TB(x2)
Total Storage: 26.82 TB
Pipe: Cable Modem 300x20
Applications: Plex Media Server supported by: Tautulli | Ombi | Qmono | Radarr | QSonarr | QNZBGet | QBittorrent | Jackett | QHeadPhones
Personal Website: http://www.weirdave.com
timkatje
New here

Post by timkatje »

geistwolke wrote:does the QNZBGet package have any dependencies such as git or python?
As I am not the maintainer of this package, I cannot guarantee that I am 100% right. However, the maintainer DID NOT list any dependencies within the qpkg.cfg file. As such, the package will install without checking for any. That would leave me to believe that there are none required for this package.

Additionally, the package doesn't compile the binaries when you install it, they are already pre-compiled for each CPU architecture (hence the separate downloads), therefore Git will definitely NOT be a dependency. And no version of nzbget that I've installed on any system has required Python, so you should be safe from that prereq as well.
timkatje
New here

Post by timkatje »

WeirDave wrote:Hello I loaded in the x86-64 version and it installed just great but I am completely baffled as to what I need to use as my "download" directory. I have tried:
  • creating a shared folder
  • creating a folder
  • using the download directory (that i assume is created by default)
  • making a folder under the "Download" directory
I still get an error message that says "Could not create directory \\XXX No such file or directory".
Questions are:
  • Do I need to create all the folders that are needed?
  • If so, do I need "folders or "shared folders"
  • Do I need to set permissions to something other than the default?
  • How come when I try to go back into the program using the icon it gives me an error "Secure connections (https://) are not supported for this application, are you sure you want to open it? Then I click and the program won't load. Then I have to reinstall for it to work again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
The way I set mine up is pretty simple. I wanted to be able to access every configuration file of nzbget from across my network, therefore I created a shared folder for it. Technically, I prefer to organize all of my media related applications this way, especially if I'm going to tinker with them. So really, I created a shared folder in my system called "services", and then I created regular folders under that for each of my services (nzbget, sonarr, radarr, deluge, etc.). For the most part, nzbget and these other apps will create the subdirectories that it wants if you set things up properly to start with, but I like to micromanage all of these things, so I created the following structure:

services (shared folder)
|_ nzbget (this the rest are just regular folders)
|_ completed (where my completed downloads go, sorted into categories, whose folders were created by nzbget)
|_ config-backups (I manually copy config backups here since nzbget doesn't store them in the web interface like Sonarr and Radarr do)
|_ intermediate (completely optional folder, read about it in nzbget settings interface)
|_ nzb (where the .nzb files get stored)
|_ queue
|_ scripts (a place to easily upload scripts to without having to dig through the OS)
|_ temp

When you create a shared folder, the simplest way to access that directory through CLI (and how nzbget expects to locate it) is via:

/share/{shared folder name}
This is because every time you create a shared directory, QTS (the QNAP OS) automatically creates a shortcut for you in /share.

So in my example, it's

/share/services
After the directories are setup the way you want them, go in to nzbget's Settings, then go to PATHS and match everything up.

These are the values I have there:
MainDir

/share/services/nzbget
DestDir

${MainDir}/completed
InterDir

${MainDir}/intermediate
NzbDir

${MainDir}/nzb
QueueDir

${MainDir}/queue

TempDir

${MainDir}/temp

WebDir (note that this one remains AppDir, as the web files are located there and I have no need to overwrite the web interface)

${AppDir}/webui

ScriptDir (you can have multiple scripts directories, so I left the default location with default scripts alone and appended my easier to access scripts dir)

${AppDir}/scripts;${MainDir}/scripts

LockFile

${MainDir}/nzbget.lock

LogFile (this can get pretty big so I prefer it not to be inside AppDir)

${MainDir}/nzbget.log
Everything else I left as default, including the CertStore section. I have not implemented SSL / HTTPS access to my nzbget, which is also the reason you're seeing the security errors. To enable it, you have to provide a properly signed certificate for the web browser to authenticate against. I find HTTPS more trouble than it's worth and only use HTTPS to access my NAS when outside of my network. I don't feel the need to encrypt my internal LAN traffic. So the simplest way to avoid these errors is to just access your NAS web interface at HTTP instead of HTTPS.

Hope this gets you started. It was a pain getting everything configured the first time I did it. But if you take the time to set everything up properly ahead of time, it really saves your ** later on when something goes wrong. Hence the reason I was on this forum today. Pray that you never have another app try to steal the port that nzbget uses.
WeirDave
Starting out

Post by WeirDave »

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed description! I will dig in further using your post as a guide.
\\/eir]>ave
--------------------
Model: TS-653A 4GB
FW: 4.4.1.1146 Build: 20191206
Hard Drives: Seagate ST3000DM001 - 3TB | Toshiba MDo4ACA500 - 5TB | Western Digital - WD6001FZWX - 6TB | Seagate ST8000DM004 - 8TB(x2)
Total Storage: 26.82 TB
Pipe: Cable Modem 300x20
Applications: Plex Media Server supported by: Tautulli | Ombi | Qmono | Radarr | QSonarr | QNZBGet | QBittorrent | Jackett | QHeadPhones
Personal Website: http://www.weirdave.com
ch1mera2
New here

Post by ch1mera2 »

i have a some problems with my nzbget ( 16.4)
if i go to settings then is nzbget freezing. And i can nothing do about this.
I need to change my password for my newsreader.
buddelwilli3
New here

Post by buddelwilli3 »

I installed V19 via http://www.qnapclub.eu/ - it's running fine with all the paths etc etc.

But - it won't automatically start when I restart my qnap (C155). I still see the app in the center and also get the notification that the service is currently starting. After a couple of minutes it's "started" but the web terminal fails (no connection bla). I also tried to start the service by putty, but the same (no error message etc at all). I'm able to uninstall and install again and restore my settings and it's working fine until the next restart.

Any help would be really, really nice as it ** to reinstall all the time :) Newest firmware on it.

(As far as I remember I also had the problem with v18)
buddelwilli3
New here

Post by buddelwilli3 »

Never mind - I found my mistake: The main path was not valid. Altough it was running the folder didn't exist, changed it to the true one and now everthing is running smoth! :)
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ QNZBGet ] [ 20.0.0 ] Usenet Grabber

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: [ QNZBGet ] [ 20.0.0 ] Usenet Grabber

Post by Toxic17 »

QNAP_Stephane wrote:updated
Thanks, looks like a good upgrade!

20.0 • 6 Jun 2018
massive performance optimisations in downloader (#448):
improved yEnc decoder (#450);
improved CRC32 calculation (#446);
processing data in one pass;
SIMD implementation of decoder and CRC functions on x86 and ARM CPUs; SIMD code relies on node-yencode library by Anime Tosho (#454);
overall performance improvement up to +500% on x86 and +250% on ARM (better speed or less CPU usage);
for details see Benchmarks;
using glibc instead of uClibc in universal installer builds for Linux (#459):
this significantly improves performance (see benchmarks above);
compatibility with Android and other systems is hopefully also improved;
in universal installer glibc is used on x86 and ARM;
uClibc is still used on MIPS and PPC;
performance optimisations in web-interface (#421):
reduced number of requests when loading webui by combining all javascript-files into one and all css-files into one;
reduced load time by calling multiple API-methods simultaneously;
extensive use of browser caching for static files significantly reduces the amount of data transferred on webui initialisation;
extensive use of browser caching for API requests reduces the amount of data transferred during webui status updates, especially when nzbget is in idle state and there are no changes in download queue or history;
avoid work in browser on status updates if there are no changes in download queue or history;
support for keep alive connections significantly reduces overhead for establishing connections on webui status updates, especially when connecting to nzbget via TLS/SSL (avoiding TLS handshakes);
a number of performance optimisations for large download queue with thousands of items (#438):
much faster loading of queue from disk greatly improves program start up time;
improved queue management for faster download speed;
now offering 64 bit binaries for Windows (#435):
installer includes 32 and 64 bit nzbget binaries;
when updating from older versions the 64 bit binary is installed automatically, although into the old location to keep all your shortcuts intact;
using word windows instead of win32 in the setup file name;
automatic update check (#440):
new option UpdateCheck to check for stable or testing versions (or disable);
when a new version is found a notification is shown;
the update check is enabled by default for stable versions;
significantly improved logging performance, especially in debug builds (#466);
par-check prints par2 creator application to help identify creator app issues (#467);
added support for Unix domain sockets (POSIX only) (#400);
better error handling when fetching rss feeds (#416);
updated POSIX build files to newer autotools version (#418):
compatibility with newer autotools;
compatibility with newer platforms such as aarch64;
enabled functional tests on Travis CI (#443);
better username/password validation when testing connection on settings page (#433);
improved rar-renamer to better handle certain cases (#442);
new option SkipWrite for easier speed tests;
support for redirect codes 303, 307 and 308 in web-client for fetching of rss feeds and nzb-files (#420);
installer for FreeBSD is now built using Clang instead of GCC; this fixes incompatibility with FreeBSD 11 (#425):
universal Linux installer can now be used on FreeBSD (via Linux compatibility mode) (#423);
updated unrar to v5.50;
more robust news server connection test (#471);
enhancements in NServ:
memory cache to reduce disk load during speed tests - new command line switch -m (#448);
speed control - new command line switches -w and -r (#451);
show IP address of incoming connection in NServ (#536);
changed default location of log-file (#455);
better handling of broken connections (#460);
removed obsolete or less useful options SaveQueue, ReloadQueue, TerminateTimeout, AccurateRate, BrokenLog (#461);
renamed option LogBufferSize to LogBuffer (#461);
passwords of failed login attempts are no longer printed to log to improve security (#496);
cookies in web interface are now saved with httpOnly attribute to improve security (#485);
titles and duplicates keys in duplicate check are now case insensitive (#477);
added LibreSSL support (#497);
web interface now has a better icon for favorites or home screen of mobile devices (#483);
improved duplicate detection for obfuscated downloads having files with same subjects (#547);
direct rename and direct unpack are now active by default on new installations, except for slow Linux systems (#548);
added advice for letsencrypt in option descriptions (#546);
fixed incorrect renaming in rar-renamer which could cause some downloads to fail (#509);
fixed race condition in queue script coordinator which could cause crashes (#501);
fixed: post-processing parameters were sometimes case sensitive causing issues (#498);
fixed DNS resolving issues on Android (#468);
fixed: backup servers not used on certain article decoding errors (#462);
fixed: when direct rename was active certain downloads with damaged par2-files become paused at near completion and required manual resuming (#424);
fixed: crash when flushing article cache after direct rename (#529);
fixed: deleting active par-job may crash the program (#527);
fixed: tests may fail on Windows due to locked files (#528);
fixed: unpack using password file doesn't work on Windows (#412);
fixed: compiler error when building using GnuTLS (#414);
fixed: Linux installer failure on android emulator (#417);
fixed: options formatted as password fields when they shouldn't (#426);
fixed: slightly off article statistics after direct rename (#430);
fixed: NServ terminated if client interrupted connection (#431);
fixed: example pp-scripts may not work properly if nzbget password or username contained special characters (#452, #453);
fix in functional tests to not rely on sizes of externally generated files (#437);
fixed: option AuthorizedIP did not work with IPv6 addresses (#439);
fixed crash on certain malformed articles (#533);
fixed logging of IPv6 addresses (#534);
fixed crash which could happen on Windows when reloading or terminating the program (#549).
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55

Return to “Community Apps”