[ Emby ] [ abandoned ] go to Emby website for QPKG

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Emby ] [ 3.2.29.0 ] Media server

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edjoncs
First post

Post by Edjoncs »

Hello
since the installation of version 3.2.29 on my qnap TS451 + it is impossible for me to access a emby white page appears.
I try to restart the application then the Nas I always the same problem.
Would you have a solution?
thank you for this super application.
trias10
New here

Post by trias10 »

I am noticing something a bit strange with Emby 3.2.28.0 x64 on TVS-682. I just updated my system firmware to QTS 4.3 (from 4.2), and after updating to 4.3, I installed the latest version of Emby (3.2.28.0), as well as the latest QMono for 4.3 (4.8.1.0). I had Emby 3.2.18.0 and Qmono 4.6 installed under QTS 4.2.

The strange behaviour is that under QTS 4.3, it appears that Emby is no longer automatically starting up when the TVS-682 reboots. Under QTS 4.2, every time I rebooted it, Emby would be running once the reboot completed. Now it no longer automatically starts, and after each reboot, I need to manually ssh into the QNAP box, cd to the .qpkg/Emby directory and run "./Emby.sh start" manually in order to get it to start up.

Any ideas on why this is now happening? Is there some autostart file I can edit somewhere on the TVS-682 which will restore the QTS 4.2 behaviour or is this new behaviour which is WAD for 4.3?

EDIT: Please ignore my post. Sorted the issue by manually editing the qpkg.conf file in /etc/config on the box.
Last edited by trias10 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider99
Experience counts

Post by Spider99 »

version 3.2.30.0 is out

they are moving to .net core - so likely to be a lot of updates in near future - being alpha tested at the moment

also .net core means moving away from mono with speed increases and a lower memory footprint
Tim

TS-853A(16GB): - 4.3.4.0483 - Static volume - Raid5 - 8 x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS
Windows Server + StableBit Drivepool and Scanner ~115 TB Backup Server
TS-412 & TS-459 Pro II: Retired
Clients: 3 x Windows 10 Pro(64bit)
tuckerman
Getting the hang of things

Post by tuckerman »

Spider99 wrote:version 3.2.30.0 is out

they are moving to .net core - so likely to be a lot of updates in near future - being alpha tested at the moment

also .net core means moving away from mono with speed increases and a lower memory footprint
What will this mean for users running the Server on QNAP, will this still be possible? Will it provide the ability for the QNAP version to update/shutdown/restart from the Emby portal the same as the Windows version?
Spider99
Experience counts

Post by Spider99 »

you will get a new version to use (in time - its very early - but promising progress (have it running on win 10 64 bit - memory footprint reduced to 10% of current version - so hopefully you will see something similar when its ready))

As for update/shutdown/restart - works on a few linux distro's and Windows as of yesterday - the new version runs with the same code as the version you are using now - so things are in sync - very simply its a change of "engine" with reduced dependancies

Be patient it might take a while to get all the many Linux flavours covered and tested - the .net core version has only been alpha for a couple of weeks.
Tim

tuckerman

Post by tuckerman »

Spider99 wrote:you will get a new version to use (in time - its very early - but promising progress (have it running on win 10 64 bit - memory footprint reduced to 10% of current version - so hopefully you will see something similar when its ready))

As for update/shutdown/restart - works on a few linux distro's and Windows as of yesterday - the new version runs with the same code as the version you are using now - so things are in sync - very simply its a change of "engine" with reduced dependancies

Be patient it might take a while to get all the many Linux flavours covered and tested - the .net core version has only been alpha for a couple of weeks.
Wow! all sounds super promising. Yep will just chill on the sidelines and await an update :P :P in the meantime will roll up to 3.2.29.0
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Emby ] [ 3.2.30.0 ] Media server

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

Does anyone know when graphics card HW acceleration would be possible on say Nvidia?

I already asked plex forum, they told me that Plex isn't ready for HW acceleration for nvidia and amd. Only for IGPU like intel for quicksync only atm.

So checking up on Emby status to see if there is any hope :mrgreen:
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Spider99
Experience counts

Post by Spider99 »

On the Emby QNap sub forum - the lead Dev posted this in July
In the near future we are planning on taking over packaging of the QNAP package, and at that point we will have official guidance on GPU acceleration.

In the meantime, VA API should work. Thanks.
Emby Qnap sub Forum http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/154-qnap/ - the Dev's answer questions quite quickly so to get an up to date answer ask a question on their forum

They have been moving all (still in beta) versions of the Emby server to .net Core including all the Linux distro's in the last month or so - i think i noticed a very recent post that QNAP is at the top of the list now so things will begin changing soon.

I would guess once the conversion to .dotnet core is done and the Server then comes out of beta things will progress on the HW acceleration as well.
Tim

tuckerman

Post by tuckerman »

Hoping this will bring the additions of auto update and ability to reboot server from web console as well :) How does the graphic acceleration element work, you enable it on the server and it allows the client to use it's video card assist in the transcoding/playback? or is it for servers with GPU's so that it can assist in transcoding from the server side (in which case I would assume it is no advantage on the QNAP?

thanks
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

Spider99 wrote:On the Emby QNap sub forum - the lead Dev posted this in July
In the near future we are planning on taking over packaging of the QNAP package, and at that point we will have official guidance on GPU acceleration.

In the meantime, VA API should work. Thanks.
Emby Qnap sub Forum http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/154-qnap/ - the Dev's answer questions quite quickly so to get an up to date answer ask a question on their forum

They have been moving all (still in beta) versions of the Emby server to .net Core including all the Linux distro's in the last month or so - i think i noticed a very recent post that QNAP is at the top of the list now so things will begin changing soon.

I would guess once the conversion to .dotnet core is done and the Server then comes out of beta things will progress on the HW acceleration as well.
Thx spider :)

Luke
Posted 03 September 2017
Thanks for the info guys. We are working on our own QNAP package that will be fully managed by us and pretty soon you won't see that screen ever again. Thanks !
Luke
Posted 10 September 2017

We are working on our own QNAP package that we will release directly, and soon you won't need to ever worry about this again. Thanks !
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/154-qnap/

changelog
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
ndoab
New here

Post by ndoab »

Hi Guys
I have a TS-419P-II and I am getting the following error

Type Date Time Users Source IP Computer name Content
Error 2017/09/18 15:24:25 System 127.0.0.1 localhost Wrong architecture: Qmono 4.8.1.0 is built for x86_64

I am guessing the 419 is not supported, is this correct?

Cheers guys
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Emby ] [ 3.2.31.0 ] Media server

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated to 3.2.31

;)

tuckerman

Re: [ Emby ] [ 3.2.31.0 ] Media server

Post by tuckerman »

.32 Out... assuming a few fixes as .31 was a big release of changes.

thanks

Return to “Community Apps”