[ QMineCraft ] [ 1.19.3.0] MineCraft Server

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
.:Plasma:.
Getting the hang of things

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.15.0.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by .:Plasma:. »

OneCD wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 am Your model will require the x41 package. For more info: viewtopic.php?p=700863#p700863
Excellent thanks for the quick reply, I have it installed now, just need to get it all configured before my son gets home from school, earn some dad points! :)

Plasma
QNAP TS-431XeU w/ 4 x WD Red 4TB 7200rpm (RAID5) - FW: 4.4.1
.:Plasma:.
Getting the hang of things

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.15.0.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by .:Plasma:. »

Looks great, I also like the Web pages for editing the config files, be nice if we were also able to restart the server from there. For example when you change a setting in a file and it then says "Restart The Server" to take effect. I have to go back to the QNAP interface, find the app, and stop / start it, be nice if there was a Restart option in the web interface so it was a one stop shop! :)

Plasma
QNAP TS-431XeU w/ 4 x WD Red 4TB 7200rpm (RAID5) - FW: 4.4.1
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.15.2.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the_d0nk3y
New here

Post by the_d0nk3y »

Apologies for the wordy post - I've been beating my head against this for a week with no success so I thought I'd reach out here for some assistance. I've tried multiple flavors of QJDK and both QMinecraft and McMyAdmin but I can't connect to the QNAP-based LAN server using any device (Win 10, Galaxy S10, iPad, Switch) - all platforms time out trying to connect. All connections are internal and on the same /24, the QNAP is hardwired to the router as is the primary Win 10 machine, the iPad, Switch and S10 are all on WiFi. I've tried fresh installs, QNAP reboots, different platforms, port forwarding 25565 in the router (just in case the server is going out to connect to a central server and bringing traffic in that way)... I have a feeling I'm either up against something really stupid that I don't realize I'm doing wrong or something going on at an OS or application/package level.

Hardware is a QNAP TS-453be with 8GB RAM running firmware 4.4.1.1216 build 20200214.

I've installed QJDK8 (both x86 and x86_64 for testing) and QMinecraft (tried all 5 flavors, only x86 installed successfully). I settled on the x86_64 versions because when running the non-64 bit versions none of the config screens populate via the QMinecraft admin url. I can shell into the box and see the server listening on all available interfaces:
  • tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25565 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
I can NMAP the box and I get a response from the server (including config changes I've made):
  • Discovered open port 25565/tcp on x.x.x.69
  • 25565/tcp open minecraft Minecraft 1.15.2 (Protocol: 127, Message: velcome to DONKEYLAND, Users: 0/4)
I can telnet to the port on the server - I don't get a response when I go from Win 10 to QNAP using PuTTY, but when I telnet to the localhost I see two responses:
  • If I type nothing and leave the session alone:
    [~] # telnet 127.0.0.1:25565
    Connection closed by foreign host
  • If I mash on the keyboard trying to force an error:
    [~] # telnet 127.0.0.1:25565
    ififififi
    ▒{"translate":"disconnect.genericReason","with":["Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.**: Index: 10, Size: 1"]}Connection closed by foreign host
Can anyone suggest a new approach for me to try? Near as I can tell I'm doing everything right but I'm not making any progress towards a solution.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

You Need to log with ip:25565 . Test on lan first

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the_d0nk3y
New here

Post by the_d0nk3y »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:45 am You Need to log with ip:25565 . Test on lan first

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk
I have on every platform. In the Servers tab of the Minecraft apps, I have added a server with a bogus name and the correct IP and port set to 25565. The server status stays red and when I try to connect Minecraft goes to Connecting to External Server, then times out and displays Unable to connect to world. I'm attempting to play exclusively on LAN - I don't want this server advertised or accessible from the outside world.
TimRideout
Know my way around

Qminecraft - how to OP the first user

Post by TimRideout »

HI all,

I have been spending ALL eve on this one- I installed the excellent QmineCraft QPKG on my QNAP (thanks!) - but how the HECK do I make myself an operator?

I have tried modifying the SERVER OPS file, by the procedure listed here:
https://pastebin.com/Fbsj9v47

But open modification and restarting the server, I can no longer connect.
For now, I am only going over my LAN.

Can someone tell me *exactly* how to make myself an Operator?

Thanks!
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

this how i set it for my daughter

sorry in french but can use deepl.com for tanslation

https://ubuntunoobs.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... craft.html

djepps
Starting out

Post by djepps »

Seeking help. How can I increase the allocated RAM for the QNAP Minecraft server?

I don’t see the option on the server properties file. And I can’t find which file to edit via SSH. I assume I have to SSH and change a config file, but don’t know the name of the file nor the location. Thank you in advance.
TimRideout
Know my way around

Post by TimRideout »

Merci Stephane!

C'est trè's apprécié; however, I am still not able to make myself an operator - je suis toujours pas Admin.
Here is the exact text of my ops.json file -
voici le text *exact* de mon fichier ops.json:

{
"uuid": "1e9681ab-a3aa-4239-aafe-fc969680ada7",
"name": "IAm0verlorde",
"level": 4
},
{
"uuid": "9df411e0-d011-426d-bc229-06849fe4ac12",
"name": "QueenOfAllThingz",
"level": 4
}

What am I doing wrong?
Trouve l'erreur!

:) Merci!
QNAP_Stephane wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:30 pm this how i set it for my daughter

sorry in french but can use deepl.com for tanslation

https://ubuntunoobs.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... craft.html
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

this my ops.json

Code: Select all

[
  {
    "uuid": "12f45d7d-4f83-409d-ac1c-1c6349944f87",
    "name": "SkyF0X",
    "level": 4,
    "bypassesPlayerLimit": false
  }
]

SilentB0b
New here

Re: Qminecraft - how to OP the first user

Post by SilentB0b »

TimRideout wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am HI all,

I have been spending ALL eve on this one- I installed the excellent QmineCraft QPKG on my QNAP (thanks!) - but how the HECK do I make myself an operator?

I have tried modifying the SERVER OPS file, by the procedure listed here:
https://pastebin.com/Fbsj9v47

But open modification and restarting the server, I can no longer connect.
For now, I am only going over my LAN.

Can someone tell me *exactly* how to make myself an Operator?

Thanks!
It took me ages to figure this one out, and I'm only really halfway there, I ended up copying the ops.json from another server I'm Op on which worked.

In the Web UI open the Server Opps tab and enter the following info, edited with your details

Code: Select all

[
  {
    "uuid": "Your UUID between the quotation marks",
    "name": "Your minecraft name",
    "level": 4,
    "bypassesPlayerLimit": false
  }
]
to find your UUID I found this site, use the Full UUID

https://mcuuid.net/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Modify.

You'll now need to restart the Minecraft services, easiest way I found was to simply reboot the Qnap, once it's back up connect to the world in Minecraft and test if you are able to switch gamemodes
SilentB0b
New here

Post by SilentB0b »

the_d0nk3y wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 am Apologies for the wordy post - I've been beating my head against this for a week with no success so I thought I'd reach out here for some assistance. I've tried multiple flavors of QJDK and both QMinecraft and McMyAdmin but I can't connect to the QNAP-based LAN server using any device (Win 10, Galaxy S10, iPad, Switch) - all platforms time out trying to connect. All connections are internal and on the same /24, the QNAP is hardwired to the router as is the primary Win 10 machine, the iPad, Switch and S10 are all on WiFi. I've tried fresh installs, QNAP reboots, different platforms, port forwarding 25565 in the router (just in case the server is going out to connect to a central server and bringing traffic in that way)... I have a feeling I'm either up against something really stupid that I don't realize I'm doing wrong or something going on at an OS or application/package level.

Can anyone suggest a new approach for me to try? Near as I can tell I'm doing everything right but I'm not making any progress towards a solution.
I think I see your issue

QMineCraft is a Java server, unless your using java on your PC, which since you can't connect I'm guessing not, all the versions you mention are Bedrock and you won't be able to connect.

there is an alternative server called Minecraft BedRock Server availale on the Qnap club app centre which may work (I can't say for sure as I've not tried it since I don't have bedrock)

best of luck to you
jorgebs
Starting out

Post by jorgebs »

Hi all.
Firstly, thanks for all your work.
I have been reading the entire post, to learn how can I use mods with QMInecraft but, I have no idea.

I have read the it must be placed in plugins folder, but I Have no this one. These are my folders:

banned-ips.json*
minecraft_server.jar*
server.properties*
banned-players.json*
ops.json*
server.properties.ori*
build.txt*
ops.json.ori*
usercache.json*
eula.txt*
QMineCraft/
whitelist.json*
logs/
QMineCraft.sh*
world/
minecraft.pid*
ref*

Please, any one knows how can I add mods?

I am using a TS451A with 8GB and the last firmware installed.

Thanks in advance for your help
Boteon
First post

Post by Boteon »

Hi!
I am using a TS-251p and I have installed QMineCraft version X86_64, but the server is stuck at "16:53:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Loaded 825 advancements". Of course, QJDK8 is installed.
Any advice?

Here you can find the entire log:

[16:51:48] [main/ERROR]: Failed to load properties from file: server.properties
[16:52:36] [main/WARN]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, destination] and [teleport, targets] with inputs: [Player, 0123, @e, dd12be42-52a9-4a91-a8a1-11c01849e498]
[16:52:36] [main/WARN]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, location] and [teleport, destination] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[16:52:37] [main/WARN]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, location] and [teleport, targets] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[16:52:37] [main/WARN]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, targets] and [teleport, destination] with inputs: [Player, 0123, dd12be42-52a9-4a91-a8a1-11c01849e498]
[16:52:37] [main/WARN]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, targets, location] and [teleport, targets, destination] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[16:52:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.15.2
[16:52:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[16:52:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[16:52:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[16:52:39] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[16:52:40] [Server thread/INFO]: Using epoll channel type
[16:52:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[16:52:43] [Server thread/INFO]: Found new data pack vanilla, loading it automatically
[16:52:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default
[16:53:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Loaded 6 recipes
[16:53:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Loaded 825 advancements

Return to “Community Apps”