[ QMineCraft ] [ 1.19.3.0] MineCraft Server

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
hardmack
New here

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.16.1 ] MineCraft Server

Post by hardmack »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 pm Arm64 exist for both qpkg

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk
Thank you, I didnt try all the options and the three I tried didnt work, then I started to pay attention to the filenames off your OP links once they downloaded... THANKS! Installing now
hardmack
New here

Post by hardmack »

Using WinSCP I was able to login and get at the json's but after editting, saving and then restarting qpkg (I right click stop, then after editing, start through QTS in a browser) but I can not get the configuration changes to stick. Any suggestions folks? Total newb, so sorry for frustration
bjwood
Starting out

[ QMineCraft ] [ 1.15.2 ] Moded MineCraft Server

Post by bjwood »

I've got a lot of essential information about minecraft generally and servers in particular from this forum, so I thought I'd feedback some successes I've had.

Background:
I'm the sysadmin for my grandchildren's minecraft activities, and they have been clamouring for mods. After some research, I set them up with Forge and mods for their local worlds, but they like to play together. I've found ways of opening their machines to the LAN, but it's a bit beyond their skills (or interest) when I'm not there, so I was happy to find the excellent work that Stephane has done with QMineCraft.

I set up the vanilla 1.15.2 server easily and everyone was happy, except that now they're used to mods! I've seen a few mentions on the forum about this, but nothing definitive. I decided to see if I could create a moded Server on QNAP - and it proved very easy.

Overview:
1. On my computer I found the Forge builder and installer, and used that to create a Forge-moded server.
  • The output is three entities...
    • a Forge jar file which is the new front end - for me it was called forge-1.15.2-31.2.0.jar
    • a modified minecraft server jar - for me called minecraft_server.1.15.2.jar
    • a directory called libraries
2. I ensured the QMineCraft application was stopped on the QNAP.

3. Accessing my QNAP using ssh, I took a backup copy of the minecraft directory - /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QMineCraft - just in case!

4. I copied the three new entities to the minecraft directory, and deleted the previous minecraft server jar (minecraft_server.jar?).

5. I updated the invocation file in that directory - QMineCraft.sh
  • I changed a single line - modifying the java invocation from the original minecraft server jar to the new Forge front-end jar
  • the line is now $QPKG_ROOT1/bin/java -Xmx3036M -Xms1024M -jar forge-1.15.2-31.2.0.jar nogui &, and you'll notice that I also took the opportunity to increase the amount of storage that's available to the program to between 1 and 3GB
6. I restarted the QMineCraft application and it just worked. Bravo Stephane!

Notes:
  • The first invocation of the application after these changes takes a long time. I almost gave up, so stick with it.
  • Checking whether the program is running is slightly different to searching the process table for "minecraft". The program running now doesn't contain this string! I found the easiest solution was to use the Process ID supplied in the minecraft.pid file. So something like ps -eaf | grep 12345 did the trick.
  • Adding mods to the system is now trivial, but care is required...
    • Decide what mods you need. I tried to keep this to a minimum, but ended up with Optifine, journeymap, Gobber2, OreExcavation, Quark (with prereq AutoRegLib) and, of course, worldedit. What can I say? These were considered essential, and Grandad's an easy touch!
    • The important thing is that the set of mods (their jar files) must be added to both the client minecraft and the server minecraft. All of them and no others - on both. Sounds a bit restrictive, but I use MultiMC as a general minecraft front end, and that makes keeping a client version of minecraft with only these mods, and other versions with different sets of mods and minecraft versions trivial.
    • The mod jar files are added to the mods directory on both server and client - the exact same files. They must be for Forge, and minecraft 1.15.2 in this case, of course.
This was meant to be just an overview, but I'm happy to give more detail if it's wanted. I'm no expert, but had a few mishaps on the way so might be able to help with simple problems. I'm pretty confident that this technique can be used for the new 1.16.1 minecraft, but haven't tried it yet.
Owner of TS-253B 8GB, Raid1, fairly vanilla set-up
and also a TS-221 not getting updates any more, that I don't know what to do with!
raf1919
Starting out

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.15.2.0 ] MineCraft Server

Post by raf1919 »

the_d0nk3y wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 am
QNAP_Stephane wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:45 am You Need to log with ip:25565 . Test on lan first

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk
I have on every platform. In the Servers tab of the Minecraft apps, I have added a server with a bogus name and the correct IP and port set to 25565. The server status stays red and when I try to connect Minecraft goes to Connecting to External Server, then times out and displays Unable to connect to world. I'm attempting to play exclusively on LAN - I don't want this server advertised or accessible from the outside world.
I'm having exact same issue. I tried playing with firewall to see if it was causing something but no luck.. tried several devices all same outcome.
QNAP TS-451 / 4 * Western Digital WD20EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - S FW: QTS 4.1.2 Build 20141229 - Win8.1 (64bit) User
jpcwebb
Starting out

Post by jpcwebb »

Any chance of a version 1.16.3 update?
TS-251, QTS 4.2.0, 2 x WD Reds 2Tb, RAID1
jpcwebb
Starting out

Post by jpcwebb »

Is there a way to set it so it auto restarts after a crash (after a timeout for example)?
brainstorm46
First post

Post by brainstorm46 »

hello, i would like to run a server on my QNAP-TS-469 Pro (3GB RAM), is that possible?
peninsula
New here

Post by peninsula »

Could this be updated to 1.16.5 version please?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.16.5 ] MineCraft Server

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jpcwebb
Starting out

Post by jpcwebb »

Thank you!!
onecolumbyte
Starting out

Post by onecolumbyte »

This package works great for me. I set up the necessary port forwarding and my kids and their friends are happily playing multiplayer.

Thank you Stephane!
cucca
New here

Post by cucca »

any plan to upgrade the package to minecraft 1.17? i've tryed by myself but i think that the jre version has been changed
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

cucca wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:39 am any plan to upgrade the package to minecraft 1.17? i've tryed by myself but i think that the jre version has been changed
updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cucca
New here

Post by cucca »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:32 pm
cucca wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:39 am any plan to upgrade the package to minecraft 1.17? i've tryed by myself but i think that the jre version has been changed
updated
thanx but doesn't work... i get this error:
Schermata 2021-06-21 alle 13.51.47.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hayhay520
First post

Re: [ QMineCraft ] [ 1.17.0] MineCraft Server

Post by hayhay520 »

QMineCraft_1.17.0.0_arm_64.qpkg
file can't download finish

Return to “Community Apps”