[ Home Assistant ] [ 2021.5.5 ] Open-source home automation platform

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Home Assistant ] [ 0.36.1 ] Open-source home automation platform

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

arm-x41 added
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomek985
New here

Post by Tomek985 »

I used your package from qnap cloud but I messed it up with mixing python of entware.
Is there recommended way to transition?

Also I got z-wave working, I wonder if it can be included in package? Unfortunately it is only x86
markr71
Starting out

Post by markr71 »

how did you get z-wave working please?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

look like the driver is not include in 4.3.. i asked to R&D to add it but i dont have yet feedback on which version it will be implemented
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomek985
New here

Post by Tomek985 »

markr71 wrote:how did you get z-wave working please?
It was painful process. I never before dealt with any aspects of that so I probably did many steps wrong or at least inefficiently.

Lucky my qnap is x86_64 so I could compile openzwave on my linux box and create python packages.
Then I had install dependencies via pip3 and entware (and in the process I ruined contained setup of HASS) (still don't know how to properly add packages to setup Stephane did)
The biggest mystery however was to get USB Z-wave stick to work (I used Aeotec Z-wave plus).
Surprisingly, all the kernel modules were already there just there wasn't any udev rule for it.
I experimented a bit and finally got a startup script that successfully initialized the device.

More info here: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/i ... u=tomek985
markr71
Starting out

Post by markr71 »

thanks for this. Just decided to swap from a RPi 2 to a RPi 3 so I can move it into the dining room via wifi as it is more central to the house. Loving my HA setup :D
Packetboy
Starting out

Post by Packetboy »

Hi Stephane could we please get this updated 0.36.1 package for 4.2 x86? I would like to get discovery working but it doesnt work with the old package....

Thanks!!
iculookn
Starting out

Post by iculookn »

QNAP_Stephane wrote:updated with bug fixed (netdisco), added latest Python libs dependency
all libs updated with Python 3.6 as backend
Can you please update the x86 package as well? Discovery is not working. Needs netdisco. tried to install, but still not working.
RoRoo
New here

Post by RoRoo »

Same issue here :( it won't run discovery and Unable to install...

Code: Select all

2017-05-26 13:56:44 ERROR (<concurrent.futures.thread.ThreadPoolExecutor object at 0x7f905f7bd710>_1) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package netdisco==1.0.0: Command "/opt/Home-Assistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Home-Assistant/TMPDIR/pip-build-egfj4313/netifaces/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg /Home-Assistant/TMPDIR/pip-iis6d9ex-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --home=/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Home-Assistant/TMPDIR/tmp6mi2t7xg" failed with error code 1 in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Home-Assistant/TMPDIR/pip-build-egfj4313/netifaces/
2017-05-26 13:56:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing discovery because could not install dependency netdisco==1.0.0
2017-05-26 13:56:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for discovery: Could not install all requirements.
2017-05-26 13:56:44 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=persistent_notification, service=create, service_data=title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:
* discovery
Please check your config, notification_id=invalid_config, service_call_id=140258053970016-1>

BUT!!!!
The error went away when I did a force reinstall of netdisco:

Code: Select all

cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Home-Assistant/bin
./pip3 install netdisco -I
I don't know whether it's working correctly or not. But that's a different story :)
MrHappee

Post by MrHappee »

Same overall issue here...

Mine seems to be coming down to a single command that is failing. Netdisco it's self works and even discovers devices on my network. But HA wants to re-install anyway, which fails.

By installing all the parts manually I get stuck at: unable to execute 'i686-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc': No such file or directory

Just to show GCC is installed and working:
[/opt/Home-Assistant/bin] # gcc
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Just to make sure by re-installing again and confirming the version number:
[/opt/Home-Assistant/bin] # opkg install gcc --force-reinstall
Removing package gcc from root...
Installing gcc (6.3.0-1) to root...
Downloading http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/x86-64/ ... x86-64.ipk.
Configuring gcc.
Manual install of netifaces component (where the problem seems to lay:
[/opt/Home-Assistant/bin] # ./pip3 install netifaces -I
Collecting netifaces
Using cached netifaces-0.10.6.tar.gz
Installing collected packages: netifaces
Running setup.py install for netifaces ... error
Complete output from command /opt/Home-Assistant/bin/python3.4 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/tmp/pip-build-0a41o2fc/netifaces/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /opt/tmp/pip-za90845o-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile:
running install
running build
running build_ext
checking for getifaddrs...not found.
checking for getnameinfo...not found.
checking for socket IOCTLs...not found.
checking for optional header files...none found.
checking whether struct sockaddr has a length field...no.
checking which sockaddr_xxx structs are defined...none!
checking for routing socket support...no.
checking for sysctl(CTL_NET...) support...no.
checking for netlink support...no.
building 'netifaces' extension
i686-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DDYNAMIC_ANNOTATIONS_ENABLED=1 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -I/opt/Home-Assistant/include -I/opt/Home-Assistant/include/ncurses -I/opt/Home-Assistant/include/libxml2 -fPIC -DNETIFACES_VERSION=0.10.6 -I/opt/Home-Assistant/include/python3.4m -c netifaces.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.4/netifaces.o
unable to execute 'i686-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc': No such file or directory
error: command 'i686-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/opt/Home-Assistant/bin/python3.4 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/tmp/pip-build-0a41o2fc/netifaces/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /opt/tmp/pip-za90845o-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng/tmp/pip-build-0a41o2fc/netifaces/
My Entware is up to date and working, my python and pip3 components, all working, GCC install is working, my Netdisco install also works, but this command is the same item failing when HA tries to install it's own copy of Netdisco...

As with someone above, my QNAP 559Pro only runs QTS4.2.3 so no container station for me to try the container version.

I'm no Linux expert so no idea what to try next. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Tomek985
New here

Post by Tomek985 »

I upgraded QPKG to this latest version and is much cleaner than previous build. Thank You very much.

However I had a big problem getting Z-Wave to run again.
Their new library is self-updating via PIP and naturally won't compile on QNAP.
I was able to build an egg on computer but couldn't get it to run it within QPKG python environment.

I copied udev lib from domoticz QPKG but kept getting errors due to unknown symbol.
I think it may have to do with what version python was compiled
[GCC 6.3.0] vs [GCC 4.8.4]
(libopenzwave wouldn't compile at GCC4).

I had to modify scripts to not use QPKG's python but rather the one from Entware and it works fine.
Is it possible to update python3 for newer GCC? (maybe also include udev lib to make it work for Z-wave) ?
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Post by stephenjones007 »

QNAP_Stephane wrote:updated with bug fixed (netdisco), added latest Python libs dependency

Just tried this, seems to have the same issues with discovery not working because of netdisco.
melcos
New here

Post by melcos »

Can you make a qpkg version 0.36.1 for x86 (TS-639) Please..
GTunney
Been there, done that

Post by GTunney »

stephenjones007 wrote:

Just tried this, seems to have the same issues with discovery not working because of netdisco.
Same here, getting netdisco error.
Model: TS-653B 8GB
Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital WD40EFRX - RAID 5
Total Storage: 7.2TB
Applications: Plex MS | Watcher3 | QSabnzbd+ | QSickrage | Home Assistant | Kodi v18.4 MySQL
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTC - 80/20 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Post by stephenjones007 »

GTunney wrote:
stephenjones007 wrote:

Same here, getting netdisco error.
I just ended up ignoring that and just added the devices manually. Would be a nice fix though.

Return to “Community Apps”