[ Home Assistant ] [ 2021.5.5 ] Open-source home automation platform

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Re: [ Home Assistant ] [ 0.36.1 ] Open-source home automation platform

Post by oyvindo »

You use any text editor of your choice to edit the configuration file - except Notepad. Personally I prefer to connect to the NAS using WinSCP and I edit the files using the editor built into WinSCP.
ImageImageImage
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

oyvindo wrote:You use any text editor of your choice to edit the configuration file - except Notepad. Personally I prefer to connect to the NAS using WinSCP and I edit the files using the editor built into WinSCP.

ahh, of course, editors. I have forgotten so much since I haven't been using command line for about 6 months, I think.
QNAP TS-253Be 2 x WD Red 6TB RAID1, & 1 x WD Ext. 6TB, QTS: 4.5.3.1670

Plex, Radar, Sonarr, Lidarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra 2, Container Station
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

oyvindo wrote:You use any text editor of your choice to edit the configuration file - except Notepad. Personally I prefer to connect to the NAS using WinSCP and I edit the files using the editor built into WinSCP.
Hi,

I decided to install HA in CS. I have some question, there may be a few. Still learning. I have all of my Philips Hue Lights setup in HA, that was simple. I don't expect an answer for all of these, I'm more just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

1. Is it safe to keep passwords in HA configuration.yaml file? I noticed on some posts on Reddit passwords are required for some devices.
2. I want to setup Plex
3. Apple TV
4. HomeKit integration (Edit: I figured it out)
5. ONVIF IP Cams
6. IFTTT
7. I have never setup external access to something on my TS-253Be, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a guide to install a (I assume) LetsEncrypt Cert, and how to setup up the DDNS with a Domain name. And I understand I'd have to forward certain ports in my ASUS RT-AC86U.
(Edit) 8. I just read about Hass.IO and I'm wondering if its possible to add it to HA in CS? Appears to be a simple way of getting somethings installed.

I understand that's a lot to ask. Thank you for any assistance. :D

xiaoyuewenwu
New here

Post by xiaoyuewenwu »

Hi. I am so happy to find out this HA opkg.

Is it a version higher than 0.36.1 ?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

if i remember it is auto updating internally
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xiaoyuewenwu
New here

Post by xiaoyuewenwu »

My HA is still in version 0.37.0 DEV.

Could your tell me how to upgrade? Thanks!
moody_blue
Easy as a breeze

Post by moody_blue »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 pm if i remember it is auto updating internally
Python 3.6.0 support is deprecated and will be removed in the first release after October 2. Is it possible to update this package ?
QNAP TS-253A 8G QTS 5.0.1.2145
Plex Media Server 1.29.0.6209
OpenHAB 3.4.0.M2
Unifi 7.2.92
Apache80 2454.8230
GLPI 10.0.3
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

on todo list
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moody_blue
Easy as a breeze

Post by moody_blue »

Thanks
QNAP TS-253A 8G QTS 5.0.1.2145
Plex Media Server 1.29.0.6209
OpenHAB 3.4.0.M2
Unifi 7.2.92
Apache80 2454.8230
GLPI 10.0.3
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Home Assistant ] [ 0.103.6 ] Open-source home automation platform

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated x64 version

may not support upgrade

completly new cross compilation with all libs up to date and python 3.8.1 embedded

oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

[quote=Skeptical.me

1. Is it safe to keep passwords in HA configuration.yaml file? I noticed on some posts on Reddit passwords are required for some devices.
2. I want to setup Plex
3. Apple TV
4. HomeKit integration (Edit: I figured it out)
5. ONVIF IP Cams
6. IFTTT
7. I have never setup external access to something on my TS-253Be, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a guide to install a (I assume) LetsEncrypt Cert, and how to setup up the DDNS with a Domain name. And I understand I'd have to forward certain ports in my ASUS RT-AC86U.
(Edit) 8. I just read about Hass.IO and I'm wondering if its possible to add it to HA in CS? Appears to be a simple way of getting somethings installed.

[/quote]

1. Yes and no, it depends. If your network (HA or anything else) is accessible using only port forwarding, then it is not safe. But if your network is closed, it shouldn't be a problem
2. Plex? in HA ? Why?
3. HA will autodetect Apple TV
5. Don't know.
6. HA is much more flexible than IFTTT
7. If you want external access, use VPN.
8. Hass is just a packaged version of HA. It is not something you put inside HA. You use either or.
ImageImageImage
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

oyvindo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:48 am 1. Yes and no, it depends. If your network (HA or anything else) is accessible using only port forwarding, then it is not safe. But if your network is closed, it shouldn't be a problem
2. Plex? in HA ? Why?
3. HA will autodetect Apple TV
5. Don't know.
6. HA is much more flexible than IFTTT
7. If you want external access, use VPN.
8. Hass is just a packaged version of HA. It is not something you put inside HA. You use either or.
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I can't remember why I wrote Plex, maybe I thought I could use Plex with HA, don't remember.

Yeah, my network is closed, and I see Stephane has updated the pkg so I'll try it again.

Thanks again.

oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Skeptical.me wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 pm Yeah, my network is closed, and I see Stephane has updated the pkg so I'll try it again.
Why don't you choose a docker installation instead?
In my opinion it's a much better setup where you rely directly on the work in the open source group.
No negatives about Stephane and his work, but after all he is a 'one-man-band' who does a lot of work, but I have never been able to get his attention.
I installed several packages originally created by him, and now I can no longer update because the packages are not being maintained.

Don't get me wrong here - I don't blame him (He has a hell of a lot going on, maybe too much). :shock:
ImageImageImage
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

oyvindo wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 pm
Skeptical.me wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 pm Yeah, my network is closed, and I see Stephane has updated the pkg so I'll try it again.
Why don't you choose a docker installation instead?
In my opinion it's a much better setup where you rely directly on the work in the open source group.
No negatives about Stephane and his work, but after all he is a 'one-man-band' who does a lot of work, but I have never been able to get his attention.
I installed several packages originally created by him, and now I can no longer update because the packages are not being maintained.

Don't get me wrong here - I don't blame him (He has a ** of a lot going on, maybe too much). :shock:
Okay, mate. I'll give it a go and see how it works out. I'll just come back here and ask you questions if needed? (or is there a thread for the docker version?).

QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Home Assistant ] [ 0.103.6 ] Open-source home automation platform

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

arm64 + arm-x41 added

Return to “Community Apps”