[ RClone ] [ CLI ] [ 1.61.1 ] RSync for Cloud Storage

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
treefiddy
New here

Re: [ RClone ] [ CLI ] [ 1.42 ] RSync for Cloud Storage

Post by treefiddy »

Hello QNAP_Stephane,

first of all i love rclone. Really great, stable and fast updated software. Thanks a lot for porting it to my lovely QNAP 453a. I use it daily!

I'm using rclone copy to upload files from my QNAP Nas but as soon as i upload files from the non installation drive of rclone i'm having issues with the temp folder. I have changed the --cache-tmp-upload-path but i still get the following error message:
2018/08/12 21:54:41 NOTICE: 39c44dsn8c: Removing partially written file on error: write /root/Private/8o2a4knhk42f1rdc/v59ivg9n8bi5nbule1/1g83crd3e61omb1d39c44dsn8c: no space left on device
2018/08/12 21:54:41 ERROR : somefile.file: Failed to copy: write /root/Private/: no space left on device
The problem is that rclone always uses the root folder of the installation drive, furthermore the root folder does not have much space (QNAP standard configuration).

I'm using the following command:

Code: Select all

rclone --config="/drive1/blabla/rclone.conf" copy /share/drive2/something privatecrypt:Backup/something --log-file=/share/drive1/logfile.txt --cache-tmp-upload-path /share/drive2/somethingelse
BUT it does work with the drive where rclone has been installed. In this case i do not get the error message at all (Also big files but i suppose rclone does not need to cache them separately since the files are already on the installation drive)

Do you have any idea what i am doing wrong here? THANKS!

Thanks a lot for your help!
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ RClone ] [ CLI ] [ 1.42 ] RSync for Cloud Storage

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

did you try export HOME to another location on user space ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ RClone ] [ CLI ] [ 1.43 ] RSync for Cloud Storage

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diehardbattery
Starting out

Post by diehardbattery »

Is there a way to monitor the job? Currently I am doing an initial upload of about 5TB and would like to see the progress or any relevant messages. Also, I have the job setup to run daily in crontab, but the initial upload is going to take several days. How can I make sure that only one instance of rclone runs per job?
salexes
New here

Post by salexes »

How to change the default location of the rclone.conf file permanently ?
Cadish
Starting out

Post by Cadish »

diehardbattery wrote:Is there a way to monitor the job? Currently I am doing an initial upload of about 5TB and would like to see the progress or any relevant messages. Also, I have the job setup to run daily in crontab, but the initial upload is going to take several days. How can I make sure that only one instance of rclone runs per job?
I'm using this to ensure only running 1 instance. I also can't monitor progress, except for outgoing traffic :?

#!/bin/sh

LOCKDIR="/tmp/syncDataLock"

#Lock the file so only 1 instance runs
if mkdir "${LOCKDIR}" &>/dev/null; then

#rclone command
	rclone sync XXXXXXXXX 

#remove the lockdir file
	rm -rf "${LOCKDIR}"

else

exit 1

fi
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

this is an enhancement feature may be to ask to Rclone developper on GitHub, i think

nickiman
Know my way around

Post by nickiman »

Hi all,

Could you show me how do you mount a folder with rclone automatically in every restart of the NAS?

I´ve tried to add in crontab this line:
@reboot /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RClone/rclone_mount.sh

But, when I restart the NAS nothing happens and the script is not executed and, when I check crontab with "crontab -l" I can´t see the line previously configured.
It´s like crontab doesn´t like this kind of entries @reboot

I´ve added other lines in my crontab without any problem but with @reboot it´s seems like It doesn´t work.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.
TS-453 Pro - FW: QTS 5.1.4.2596
6Tb WD Red WD6002FFWX (x4) with RAID 5
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

nickiman wrote:It´s like crontab doesn´t like this kind of entries @reboot
Yes, @reboot is unavailable with QTS cron. :(

Add the mount command to your [autorun.sh] instead. You'll need a delay to load it after the RClone package starts.

Or, you could hack the RClone init script and add your mount command there.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nickiman
Know my way around

Post by nickiman »

OneCD wrote:Yes, @reboot is unavailable with QTS cron. :(
Thank you @OneCD
OneCD wrote:Add the mount command to your [autorun.sh] instead. You'll need a delay to load it after the RClone package starts.

Or, you could hack the RClone init script and add your mount command there.
Sounds interesting... Could you show me how I could modify the init script to add my mount command when the package is started?

Regards
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

nickiman wrote:Sounds interesting... Could you show me how I could modify the init script to add my mount command when the package is started?
Your current init should look like:

[~] # cat $(getcfg RClone Install_path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf)/RClone.sh
#!/bin/sh
CONF=/etc/config/qpkg.conf
QPKG_NAME="RClone"
QPKG_ROOT=`/sbin/getcfg $QPKG_NAME Install_Path -f ${CONF}`
APACHE_ROOT=/share/`/sbin/getcfg SHARE_DEF defWeb -d Qweb -f /etc/config/def_share.info`

export QPKG_NAME QPKG_ROOT APACHE_ROOT  

case "$1" in
  start)
    ENABLED=$(/sbin/getcfg $QPKG_NAME Enable -u -d FALSE -f $CONF)
    if [ "$ENABLED" != "TRUE" ]; then
        echo "$QPKG_NAME is disabled."
        exit 1
    fi

/bin/ln -sf $QPKG_ROOT /opt/$QPKG_NAME
/bin/ln -sf $QPKG_ROOT/rclone /usr/bin/rclone

;;

stop)

killall -9 rclone

rm -rf /opt/$QPKG_NAME
rm -rf /usr/bin/rclone

;;

restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    ;;

*)
    echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
    exit 1
esac

exit 0
Add a call to your script at the end of the 'start' case block so it looks like:

start)
        exit 1
    fi

$QPKG_ROOT/rclone_mount.sh
    ;;
If you also have a umount, you might consider adding it to the beginning of the 'stop' case block.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nickiman
Know my way around

Post by nickiman »

OneCD wrote:Add a call to your script at the end of the 'start' case block so it looks like:

start)
        exit 1
    fi

$QPKG_ROOT/rclone_mount.sh
    ;;
If you also have a umount, you might consider adding it to the beginning of the 'stop' case block.
Understood! Thank you very much OneCD. I´ve been reading also your script in GitHub regarding the autorun.sh... fantastic by the way... it can´t be more easy!
I´ve runned also just to have it prepared in case I needed in the future.

Thanks again for your help.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

nickiman wrote:I´ve runned also just to have it prepared in case I needed in the future.

Thanks again for your help.
No worries.

Yep, forgot to mention the init script will probably be replaced next time you upgrade the RClone QPKG. ;)

nickiman
Know my way around

Post by nickiman »

OneCD wrote:Yep, forgot to mention the init script will probably be replaced next time you upgrade the RClone QPKG. ;)
Yes, it´s true... I´ll take into account and I´ll make a backup of the init script to be safe.
nickiman
Know my way around

Post by nickiman »

nickiman wrote:
OneCD wrote:Yep, forgot to mention the init script will probably be replaced next time you upgrade the RClone QPKG. ;)
Yes, it´s true... I´ll take into account and I´ll make a backup of the init script to be safe.
@OneCD

Thinking about the solution to implement... I´ve started to use the option about the autorun.sh because it should be more clean, and as we talked previously, in case of an upgrade of rclone I will not have to care about restore the init script to include the commands to mount my remotes.

So, I´ve copied my scripts to mount it in the path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.system/autorun/scripts

And, I´ve restarted the NAS but... I can´t see the remotes mounted.

Looking at the autorun.log I can see the scripts executed...

Sun Oct 21 23:49:36 CEST 2018 ----- running autorun.sh -----
Sun Oct 21 23:49:36 CEST 2018 - /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.system/autorun/scripts/rclone_mount.sh 
Sun Oct 21 23:49:36 CEST 2018 - /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.system/autorun/scripts/rclone_mount_TeamA.sh 
so this makes me ask me if... probably rclone app was not started when the scripts were executed?

I was wondering also what if... if I install your package SortMyQPKGs in order to initialize rclone before to run the startup scripts... but, looking at your GitHub´s page, I´m unable to locate rclone in the ALPHA or OMEGA list.
Is it included?
In case not, could be included in ALPHA list in order to be initialized before to run the scripts from autorun.sh?

Keep waiting your comments. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Community Apps”