[ RetroArch] [1.14.0 ] [ HDStation4 ] program with which you can play many emulators and games

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
bugler921
New here

Re: [ RetroArch] [ HDStation ] program with which you can play many emulators and games

Post by bugler921 »

I was able to get my Logitech F310 working in HD Station by downloading the file referenced in this other post:
viewtopic.php?p=646440#p646440 (quoted below)
QNAP_Stephane wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 pm Hi Philippe is totaly right,

I already built this kernel module but never tested it, because i have no Joystick here (but at least insmod is loading them)

file is available here : www.qoolbox.fr/xpad_driver.tgz

;)
I extracted the archive and put the xpad.ko file in the path /lib/modules/ on my QNAP.

See this post: viewtopic.php?p=721115#p721115
napper1237
Starting out

Re: [ RetroArch] [ HDStation ] program with which you can play many emulators and games

Post by napper1237 »

Hi all

Has anyone managed to get the xbox wireless pads working in hdstation apps please?
napper1237
Starting out

Post by napper1237 »

Hans0001 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 am
QNAP_Stephane wrote:if someone want to test

http://www.qoolbox.fr/XBOXdrv_0.8.8_x86_64.qpkg.zip

log output are published in /share/Public

no need to click on HDSTation Icon, services are launched automatically
Hello Stephane, thanks a lot for your support regarding Retroarch! I have tried the "XBOXdrv" Application: Works perfectly on my TS-251 with XBOX 360 Wireless Controller. Also Retroarch detects the controller and I can use it for playing games.

But sadly Retroarch is not working well in general while playing SNES roms. It hungs a lot. I have checked CPU and RAM during playing with QNAP recource monitor in QTS but both were at max. at 35%. My guess is that Retroarch is not well optimized for HD station because it is not a common use case.

Can anybody run SNES roms in Retroarch with HD station on TS-251 or any other QNAP fluently?
Hi

I am desperate to know how you managed to get your wireless pads working. I have an xbox usb wireless network adapter in the box, the pads just flash not connecting (have installed the driver from stephane). Any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks x
napper1237
Starting out

Post by napper1237 »

If anyone's reading this... Pleeeeeease throw me the last crumb i need...
So now retroarch is seeing and auto-config'ing the xbox360 wireless adapter (yip). However the pad itseld just wont pair. Have tried a couple of different pads and two different Microsoft made wireless adapters (n and g).
Driving me bonkers being so close to resolving it... If anyone has a clue please comment or pm

Thanks all
mturcotte
New here

Post by mturcotte »

Hi,

it seems that the download link no longer work. I'd really like to install Retroarch on my TS251+. Can someone fix the broken link or send me the qpkg file?

Thank you,
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

either wait a day or shoot qnapclub a message..their cdn had issues in the past
mturcotte
New here

Post by mturcotte »

I asked, no answer yet but for the meantime i was wondering if anyone could share it? i don't know how big of a file it is though..

I have another question while i'm at it. I have Xbox one wireless controllers and I also have the PC wired Xbox 360 controllers, but my TS251+ is in my basement and I plan on playing in the living room. I dont think that the wireless controllers would work, and i don't want to route two usb cables throughout the whole house to the TS251. I do have some cat5 plugs available behind the tv thought, does a usb-cat5 to cat5-usb converter exist? and would that work/be compatible ?

Thank you,

EDIT : Link works now. thank you,
mturcotte
New here

Post by mturcotte »

I'm currently stuck, I installed retroarch and Xboxdrv, my xbox360 PC usb controller is connected (the dial has 1/4 circle green light showing meaning it should be working) but it doesn't work. Seems to me like the wired USB pc controller is not compatible with the driver?

When retroarch boots i see a message "100% Xbox wireless receiver (1118/1817) not configured"

Anyone has a clue why and what to do to get this working?

Thank you,
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ RetroArch] [1.8.4] [ HDStation4 ] program with which you can play many emulators and games

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mturcotte
New here

Re: [ RetroArch] [1.8.4] [ HDStation4 ] program with which you can play many emulators and games

Post by mturcotte »

Hi,

version 1.8.4 updated with the assets and combined with XBOXDrv 8.8.2 works with my PC Xbox USB controller.

Only problem I have now is I don't have sound, but it worked fine in 1.7.5. any clue?
migueldebadia
First post

Post by migueldebadia »

Hi everybody
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. I have a XIN-MO dual arcade joystick, qnap only detects a single player, I have been searching on the internet and found this "usbhid.quirks = 0x16c0: 0x05e1: 0x040" on raspberry pi it works fine.
Does anyone know how I can put this "usbhid.quirks = 0x16c0: 0x05e1: 0x040" to make it work in qnap?
Thank you
Devbias
Starting out

Post by Devbias »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am updated
Is there a config file to get PS3 joystick working with the front USB port on a TS253d ?
If not what is the best option to get a different joystick?
Can’t wait to finally be able to enjoy all my 80s arcade classics at home :mrgreen:
Devbias
Starting out

Post by Devbias »

Im still unable to get the PS3 joystick working with 1.8.8. It just scrolls like crazy when connected to the front port.
Reading on the PlayStation forums it was a bug with RA version 1.88. Now wondering if its the same with the qnap build.
Any links to 1.8.5 so I can test the PS3 controller on that version?
Devbias
Starting out

Post by Devbias »

Can anyone throw me a crumb of here?
Still unable to get the PS3 controller to work within retroarch.
On the bind 1 it’s recognised as a USB PS3 controller BUT I cannot get it to respond on the cross menu or within a mame game. Any pointers on where to look or what to try next
mturcotte
New here

Post by mturcotte »

Hello everyone,

I dont know if its still the right thread since we are now at 1.8.8, but after spending so many hours into this last year I was just kind of sick so once I got my controllers working I just gave up.

Now I want to be able to play since i never really used the qnap for anything so i figured.. anyhow.

1. My interface went from blue to grey, tried uninstalling and re installing but did not fix it.
2.I added extra ram in my qnap and all N64 games are unplayable. they are laggy. even the nintendo logo turning at the beginning makes it look like I’m running something way too complex for the qnap. what is wrong?
3. NES games like mario are so hard to control. there seems to be a lag of some sort, not really a delay but more like coordination is a bit tought. The real console is more like ‘neat’, to movements end quicker. this is like jello-ish like there is some sort of continuation after a movement.
4. I like using my xbox wired controllers. but the mapping of the buttons are different from NES to SNES vs Xbox. the B is left and A is right, then well you get that its different. I would really like to be able to have a mapping for every emulator. Or could I use my SNES controllers for nes and snes and xbox for n64?
5. I would like to disconnect thr controllers when I am not using the qnap. But thing is that the controller goes from spot 1-2-3-4 and if I play alone one day and the controller is connected as controller 1, once unhooked and reconnected the following day it becomes controller 2. so I either have to reconfigure joystick 1 to use controller 2, or connect disconnect the controllers until it becomes controller 1.

All in all, I am really sad about this device for now. Girlfriend and I had really high expectations when I told her about buying a qnap and the emulator possibility. Truth is, we never played. it is just not enough user friendly. Theres always a problem with the controllers, or i need to remap something, or I dont have access to the RA menus to save the states or playability is bad. Or no sound, etc.

And btw, I have to say I spent at least 15-20 hrs on the forums and I do have an engineering background so it really makes this thing a lot more frustrating.

Seems like there are so many info on Retroarch but not related to QNAP that I dont know what to do. And from what I see, I’m sure that its the kind of thing that once you figure it out it becomes easy to redo and i works well.

I would even be willing to throw in some money if someone could help me get it working perfectly.

Thank you and sorry for the long post. I feel a bit of relief just by having said all that.

Return to “Community Apps”