[ NextCloud ] [ 21.0.3] OwnCloud Fork

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: [ NextCloud ] [ 21.0.3] OwnCloud Fork

Post by dolbyman »

No .. Nextcloud is a fork of Owncloud

The QPKGs are build from the public Nextcloud source

So far up on the 21.x branch
https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest21
LordWurstbrot
Starting out

Post by LordWurstbrot »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:45 am No .. Nextcloud is a fork of Owncloud

The QPKGs are build from the public Nextcloud source

So far up on the 21.x branch
https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest21
But who builds them? There must be some sort of testing etc or not?

I am no dev so dont get me wrong, but I can't understand how this can end up in the qnap club store (for money) with no documentation / guide and no testing at all. I also know it is made from the community for the community, so I don't expected a support etc but there should be some sort of guide and some small FAQ.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

That will be QNAP_Stephane that is building these from sources.. why there is 1Euro fee? .. I don't know .. maybe he gets external help with some packages .. or some are harder to port into his toolchain for the QPKG's .. I don't know .. maybe he replies

But he already said that he is not using it, so probably just tests the install (no errors thrown) and if the program 'works'

First post in this thread says that Qapache is a dependency and that major version migrations are unsupported
LordWurstbrot
Starting out

Post by LordWurstbrot »

dolbyman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:19 am That will be QNAP_Stephane that is building these from sources.. why there is 1Euro fee? .. I don't know .. maybe he gets external help with some packages .. or some are harder to port into his toolchain for the QPKG's .. I don't know .. maybe he replies

But he already said that he is not using it, so probably just tests the install (no errors thrown) and if the program 'works'

First post in this thread says that Qapache is a dependency and that major version migrations are unsupported
I hope QNAP_Stephane can answer some questions here. If he needs more funding I am happy to pay. I did the same as a poster few post's back:

process:
1. install Qapache (required by nextcloud21)
2. Install Apache80
3. Verified both Apaches worked
4. Installed NC21
5. Opened NC21 page link and got a "php is 7.2.9, please update to 7.3.x"

I did try a fresh install but nothing worked for me.

I would be happy if he just could write how he installed it so it worked. So QNAP_Stephane please respond and tell us what we can do to help you to get some clear instructions, thanks.
raidforsaving
Easy as a breeze

Post by raidforsaving »

LordWurstbrot wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:32 am I hope QNAP_Stephane can answer some questions here. If he needs more funding I am happy to pay. I did the same as a poster few post's back:

process:
1. install Qapache (required by nextcloud21)
2. Install Apache80
3. Verified both Apaches worked
4. Installed NC21
5. Opened NC21 page link and got a "php is 7.2.9, please update to 7.3.x"

I did try a fresh install but nothing worked for me.

I would be happy if he just could write how he installed it so it worked. So QNAP_Stephane please respond and tell us what we can do to help you to get some clear instructions, thanks.
I am on NextCloud 20 (using the public download overwritten onto to an old QNAP qpkg of NC13?), along with Apache74 and MariaDB 5.5 (QNAP builtin)

I'd suggest paying for Apache74 from QNAPClub. Apache73 didn't work for me, but Apache74 did. I don't think PHP 8 is necessary per https://nextcloud.com/blog/first-21-upd ... -releases/

Another big point is that my install is telling me MariaDB 5.5 is not supported for NC 21, and must be upgraded to 10. So ,that is another QNAPClub purchase.

Code: Select all

MariaDB version "5.5.57-MariaDB" is used. Nextcloud 21 will no longer support this version and requires MariaDB 10.2 or higher.
Stephane - You should consider updating the initial post to indicate the new MariaDB requirement, to help them locate your package and make some money.
Model name: TS-653D
Firmware version: 4.5.3.1697 build 20210611
Volumes: EXT4, Encrypted volume
Previous: TS-651 dead by CPU bug
MJaenichen
Starting out

Post by MJaenichen »

Hi,
Nexcloud80 and Apache80 seem to have some small problems:
I already addressed some in the Apache80 thread but they might need to be fixed in NextCloud80 Package

1) update stops: access_log written to wrong(?) folder and must be removed manually
2) php_original.ini must be removed/renamed to allow changes in php.ini become active (memory_limit)
3) NextCloud.sh should allow to configure SERVERNAME
4) httpd-ssl.conf should include the recommended changes for SSL hardening.
5) loglevel must be changed from "0" (Debug) to "2" (Normal) otherwise NextCloud80.log can grow extremely due to php logging deprication warnings every second.

My Nextcloud is now back to 21.0.7.0 after the offered upgrade to 22.2.3.0 made my Cloud unaccessable. (Backup available)
Any hints here what I might have missed?

M.
MJaenichen
Starting out

Post by MJaenichen »

raidforsaving wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:34 am Another big point is that my install is telling me MariaDB 5.5 is not supported for NC 21, and must be upgraded to 10. So ,that is another QNAPClub purchase.

Code: Select all

MariaDB version "5.5.57-MariaDB" is used. Nextcloud 21 will no longer support this version and requires MariaDB 10.2 or higher.
Stephane - You should consider updating the initial post to indicate the new MariaDB requirement, to help them locate your package and make some money.
MariaDB10 is offered for free from QNAP IIRC
But the Upgrade was a bit challenging.

1) Backup Databases
2) install MariaDB10 and Mirgrate the database as offered
3) deactive MariaDB5

in mariadb.conf (take care that all APPs use MariaDB10 or NextCloud will complain about Version 5.6)
4) port = 3306
5) socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

Finally remove MariaDB 5

M.
yanuk
Know my way around

Re: [ NextCloud ] [ 12.0.0 ] OwnCloud Fork

Post by yanuk »

goodelyfe wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 pm
Enable HTTP2 for faster loading
HTTP2 has huge speed improvements over HTTP with multiple request. Most browsers already support HTTP2 over SSL (HTTPS). So refer to your server manual for guides on how to use HTTP2.

anybody play with & enable http2?

care to give help on where to enable?
Following this post viewtopic.php?p=809367#p809367
I enabled it simply by adding 1 line into httpd.conf of apache80.
Last edited by yanuk on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TS451
TS453
TVS-682
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

yanuk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:19 pm Following this post ...
Hi, you've linked to a member profile page, not a post. Can you please check the URL?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
yanuk
Know my way around

Post by yanuk »

OneCD wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:06 am
yanuk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:19 pm Following this post ...
Hi, you've linked to a member profile page, not a post. Can you please check the URL?
so sorry about that. clicked the wrong place
viewtopic.php?p=809367#p809367 this is the link
will edit my post above as well
TS451
TS453
TVS-682

Return to “Community Apps”