[ NextCloud ] [ 21.0.3] OwnCloud Fork

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
rubinho
New here

Re: [ NextCloud ] [ 12.0.0 ] OwnCloud Fork

Post by rubinho »

@all
To remove the memcache warning, add the following line in the config.php and the memcache is enabled.

Code: Select all

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
greets....
Jazzflyer
New here

Post by Jazzflyer »

I have re- installed a SSL certificate. Now the stop/start commands work without error. The file uca.pem does exist now.

But I still get the blank page.

Is there anything else I could check?
goodelyfe
Know my way around

Post by goodelyfe »

Enable HTTP2 for faster loading
HTTP2 has huge speed improvements over HTTP with multiple request. Most browsers already support HTTP2 over SSL (HTTPS). So refer to your server manual for guides on how to use HTTP2.

anybody play with & enable http2?

care to give help on where to enable?
m4rv1n
New here

Post by m4rv1n »

Hi!
Thank you for your work!
I have an old nas that i use only for long time backup, so i have installed nextcloud on it. Following this thread i was able to install qapache, nextcloud 12, letsencrypt, modding php.ini ecc ecc.
I have only a problem with memcache.
I have installed the latest qapache for x86 (2.4.25.1) and then the memcached qpkg (1.4.34) but nextcloud cannot see memcahe, what can i do?
Thank you
shaunbarlow
New here

Post by shaunbarlow »

Hi all,

I've been following the directions in here have Qapache 2.4.25.6 and NextCloud 12.0.0 working well with LetsEncrypt SSL on a TS-228 ARMv7. Thanks to you all for the amazing documentation!

I'm planning to use NextCloud's News RSS reader app and it warns that I should use Cron to refresh instead of AJAX for background tasks.

I've followed the instructions here (https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/ad ... ation.html) and here (https://www.techandme.se/qnap-and-cron/) to make sure I've got Cron setup properly but it's not triggering the background refresh.

Here's what I get when I directly run the php command in terminal.

Using php-cli:

[~] # php-cli -f /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NextCloud/nextcloud/cron.php
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function OC\DB\ctype_digit() in /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NextCloud/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/ConnectionFactory.php on line 197

Using php:

[~] # php -f /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NextCloud/nextcloud/cron.php
libxml2 2.7.0 is at least required. Currently 2.6.30 is installed.
To fix this issue update your libxml2 version and restart your web server.

The thing that I don't get here is that using opkg, I'm able to confirm that I have libxml2 v2.9.4-1

[~] # opkg install libxml2
Package libxml2 (2.9.4-1) installed in root is up to date.

Can anyone recommend how I might get this cron.php script working?

Many thanks for this wonderful thread once again!
OzBrown
Starting out

Post by OzBrown »

Hello,

I am a very Newbie to QNAP and have been reading the thread about Nextcloud and Owncloud, after reading further I would like to install Nextcloud, is there instructions for install on a TX-831X QTS 4.3

As I would like to install the latest version of Nextcloud.

Cheers
Lindsay
Ozbrown
QNAP: TVS 873, DISKS: 5x4TB HDD, 2x6TB HDD RAM: 16GB RAID: 5
QTS: 4.5.4.1800
UPS: Yes
QNAP TS-853A Disks 5x4TB HDD, RAM 4GB Raid:5
UPS:Yes
Zer0Zer0
New here

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Hello,

I have setup NextCloud, but when I try to connect using the NextCloud Connection Wizard, I get the error "Failed to connect to Nextcloud. SSL handshake failed"

Has anyone seen this error before?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OzBrown
Starting out

Post by OzBrown »

I have seen this error before in teh forums do a search for SSL Cert and ensure it is set up correctly for Nextcloud.
Ozbrown
QNAP: TVS 873, DISKS: 5x4TB HDD, 2x6TB HDD RAM: 16GB RAID: 5
UPS: Yes
QNAP TS-853A Disks 5x4TB HDD, RAM 4GB Raid:5
UPS:Yes
deljones
Know my way around

Re: [ NextCloud ] [ 10.0.0 ] OwnCloud Fork

Post by deljones »

KibosJ wrote:
QNAP_Stephane wrote:check for /opt/NextCloud/httd.conf ;)
Awesome! Thanks :) Certificate installed and loaded, no more errors.

One last thing, I can't get the email to work, my SMTP provider uses TLS and it complains that it can't connect. (Error: Unable to connect with TLS encryption)
Hi there....

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I am also having the same problem... Details are correct like yours... I have an OC v9 instance running with the same settings with no issues... If you found a solution can you share?

Regards

Del
QNAP TS-253B with 2 x 3TB drives, 8gig RAM
Firmware 4.5.1
Running: WordPress, Piwigo, Nextcloud (20 HUB) in VS3
Subsonic & much much more!
lowfi
Know my way around

Post by lowfi »

Only one error remaining....

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.
I tried adding a virtual host in httpd-ssl.conf:

<VirtualHost *:45083>
  ServerName realurl.ishere.com
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
      Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains"
    </IfModule>
 </VirtualHost>     
This doesnt help.
raidforsaving
Easy as a breeze

Post by raidforsaving »

Jazzflyer wrote:I have re- installed a SSL certificate. Now the stop/start commands work without error. The file uca.pem does exist now.

But I still get the blank page.

Is there anything else I could check?

Have you solved this?

Try to access the site with the main page, like this. Put in your IP and port number.

https://192.168.x.x:<port number>/index.php
Model name: TS-653D
Firmware version: 4.5.3.1697 build 20210611
Volumes: EXT4, Encrypted volume
Previous: TS-651 dead by CPU bug
Wezyr
Starting out

Post by Wezyr »

Hi,
I use Nextcloud 12.0 universal on my TS-251. In administration i`ve got info that PHP Opcache needs to be configured in php.ini. Where is this file? In web server module at QTS? I want to tweak nextcloud to be faster and more efficient.
lowfi
Know my way around

Post by lowfi »

Check inside the qapache folder

/opt/qapache/etc (i believe)

Or http://YOURNASIP:88/Apache
GoRo3
First post

Post by GoRo3 »

Hi!

I'm a new user Qnap and i'm experimenting with different clouds. First of all QNAP_Stephane I want to write that you are doing a super job! I have couple of questions about nextcloud qpg.

1. What's the difference between universal version and Qapache version? I know that Qapache is using another apache server but it's better than Qnap version or more safe or easy to configure?
2. Would you please show me where i can find information (documentation) about how-to configure Nexcloud to secure my data in case of update of version? Witch configs (and where there are) i need to copy or place in different folder to be secure that when I will make a upgrade to latest version i will not lose my configurations.
3. On my Qnap I have 2 volumes. On one Volume there is System r and programs. On other there is Data. I want to configure Nextcloud to get access to all data on this Data volume to all users using cloud, but what is more important if users will try to create new folder then it will be created on Data volume and not in some background Nextcloud folder. I have read a previous pages and I know how to change a data folder on nexcloud config but in this case when I'm staring a nextcloud i get a permission error end information: "..Another user could get access to your files..".

I hope for answer because my Qsync is not working correctly with my Mac, and Nextcloud could be a life saver for me :)

Best regards
Greg
Zeven
New here

Summary of all the solutions

Post by Zeven »

A big thank you to you all for the packages and advice, Nextcloud 12.0.0 and Qapache are now running on my QNAP TS-251+ without errors. As the different solutions are a bit scattered, I've made a summary. I hope it helps people.

How to get to Nextcloud after installation
Just go to either:

http://[YourQnapIP]:45080
or

https://[YourQnapIP]:45083
Changing the Data directory
To put your files in a save location, change the default location during setup. I've made a new 'Nextcloud' share in the Control Panel with read/write access for the admin (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Nextcloud). Changing this location later is pretty much impossible, but you can remove Nextcloud and drop the database and just reinstall.

Using the MySQL server
If you don't want to use SQLite but the Qnap's default mySQL database, change localhost into 127.0.0.1 during setup (default login: root; password: admin).

Adding local Qnap files to Nextcloud
This took me far too long, so I'll add it here. If you want to add files that already are on the Qnap, install the External Storage app in Nextcloud. From the Nextcloud admin panel, go the External Storages menu option. Select 'Local' in the 'Add storage' dropdown menu and enter the correct path, for instance: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/homes/user.

After installing Nextcloud, you'll get a bunch of security and setup warnings in the Admin panel. Here are the solutions that worked for me.

Adding the SSL certificate from myqnapcloud.com to use https
See the steps here: viewtopic.php?f=320&t=124954&start=45#p580526

Edit: configuring the SMTP server in Nextcloud when using encryption gives errors that might indicate that an additional step is necessary to make the SLL certificate work for 100%. Here is a solution that might be unsafe: viewtopic.php?t=124954&start=195#p591350.

Setting the HTTP Strict Transport Security header
Add the following code to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NextCloud/nextcloud/httpd-ssl.conf, near the end just before </VirtualHost> .

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains; preload"
</IfModule>
Source: viewtopic.php?f=320&t=124954&start=165#p586726

Remove the memcache warning
Add the following line to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NextCloud/nextcloud/config/config.php

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
Source: viewtopic.php?f=320&t=124954&start=285#p621137

How to use Redis for memcache
See this post: viewtopic.php?f=320&t=124954&p=628393#p629617.

Opcache en php optimization
Just change the values in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qapache/etc/php.ini and restart.

Do let me know if there are any errors. I've got a new question in the next post.
Last edited by Zeven on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Community Apps”