[Kodi 17 KRYPTON RC 4] final is nearest

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
zhvfeng
New here

Re: [Kodi 17 KRYPTON BETA 3.1] (QPKG source & binary on github)

Post by zhvfeng »

axolotl98 wrote:Father Mande,

your wish :)
I have made a clean reset of the latest 4.2.2 QNAP OS version on my HS251, and installed the Kodi 17 Beta 3 version that you produced.
The app works great for streaming and playing music. However, when I choose to play a movie, it abruptly ends and returns to the HD Station screen on my TV.
This crash is honestly very annoying.
Any ideas on what else I should do or how I can troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks
You may need to upgrade HD station. Please refer to the link viewtopic.php?f=320&t=126226.

Please note, the latest HD station supported list doesn't include HS251. If you are afraid it damages your NAS, you'd better to call the helpdesk.
axolotl98
Starting out

Post by axolotl98 »

Thanks guys. I did install the 3.1.6 HD Station, even though it is not offered as compatible with HS251.
The movies now seem to run OK on KODI. There still is some lag in its operation, but nothing in comparison to my experience with the older Kodi version...
I will update you on my experience with this app.

Thanks
I love equipment that can be updated
It is kind of my technoneed that needs to be fulfilled or else I become a miserable end user.
Is it that or am I just a masochist who yearns to become the testbed of consumer electronics companies, who just dies to be a member of their development team?
SilverBullet666
New here

Post by SilverBullet666 »

Hi Phillippe,
i get a slightly diffrent result:

Code: Select all

[~] # strings /etc/ld.so.cache | grep libstdc
libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so
[~] # ll /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.*
ls: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.*: No such file or directory
[~] # ll /usr/lib/libstdc++.*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    administ        14 Oct 11 22:57 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so -> libstdc++.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    administ        18 Oct 11 22:57 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.9
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ    947.9k Aug 31 19:39 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.9
greetings
SilverBullet666
New here

Hi Philippe,

i got it working in Linuxstation, Kodi and the Addon aswell. If you are interested, we can go on trying to get it working under HD station, but for me its fine that way.
Thanks for your help so far, keep on going, you are doing a really great Job.

Greetings Silver
SilverBullet666
New here

HI, yes i totally agree with you. :DD i switched earlier this year from Windows to Linux Mint, so ubuntu is not that big difference. I am really satisfied with this OS. But i was using HD station also for the VM's directly input, so i would have been nice to acces Kodi from there. But therefore the NAS is not running on a debian, its a little to complicated for me and my little knowledge of the terminal use :roll: :wink: .
I even read that Kodi will not longer be supported from QNAP, so changing into Linuxstation is the logical step. :mrgreen: . You are doing a really great job and you learn a lot by doing this stuff. Have a nice Weekend.

greetings Silver
Longpig
New here

Post by Longpig »

Thanks for all your work @father_mande. I created an account here mostly to say thanks, but seeing as Qnap are making a mess of their own video player and codecs I imagine that I'll be coming back here for advice on how to get stuff sorted. (Kinda bummed cause mkv HDMI playback was the main reason I went with Qnap…)

With the forum-linked codecs and your 3.1 Beta I have video playback up and running. Yay you!

One pony request is the ability to style subs. I can't seem to find any setting for it, and all subs now render in black on alpha, making them nigh impossible to read. If there's any workaround do let us know, otherwise I'll just hope that this finds its way into a future update.

Cheers!
MrVideo
Experience counts

Post by MrVideo »

Longpig wrote:One pony request is the ability to style subs. I can't seem to find any setting for it, and all subs now render in black on alpha, making them nigh impossible to read. If there's any workaround do let us know, otherwise I'll just hope that this finds its way into a future update.
Go to the Kodi forum and make your request there.
QTS MANUALS
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2
Asking a question, include the following
(Thanks to Toxic17)
QNAP md_checker nasreport (release 20210309)
===============================
Model: TS-869L -- RAM: 3G -- FW: QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522 (used for data storage)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x1)/68MYMN1(x7) Red HDDs -- RAID6: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: 1x6TB
Entware
Model: TS-451A -- RAM: 2G -- FW: QTS 4.5.2 Build 20210202 (used as a video server)
WL3000GSA6472(x3) White label NAS HDDs -- RAID5: 3x3TB
Entware -- MyKodi 17.3 (default is Kodi 16)
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos | My 2019 N. Ireland Game of Thrones tour
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

father_mande wrote:Hi,
SilverBullet666 wrote:Hi Philippe,

i got it working in Linuxstation, Kodi and the Addon aswell. If you are interested, we can go on trying to get it working under HD station, but for me its fine that way.
Thanks for your help so far, keep on going, you are doing a really great Job.

Greetings Silver
As I said in previous version (16.1) ... I use Linux Station ... but it's clear that lot of people are afraid by a pure Linux Desktop and prefer HD_Station ...
some of my friends are in this case ... it's the reason I try to provide version for HD_Station ...

It's all the difference between doing for myself and sharing for all. It's not because I use Linux Station ... that I think that all others must be abandoned :lol: I do it on my spare time ... even I don't use it ...

I prefer to be able to share somethings for nothing ... that keeping for me a working solution ... but it's my own choice ... share ... and I know and understand people than prefer to work for themselves ... it's just a philosophic point of view.

NB. the QPKG is for HD_station not for Linux Station ... :lol: :lol:
Philippe.

Well, i agree with your philosphy and want to thank you again for your work, because i'm still a user stucked to HD Station. The thing that isn't still clear to me is why using Linux Station the only HDMI output that i can select in Video Setting is PULSEAUDIO while using HD Station i can see many different options, and the one that i select and use is HDMI marantz (that is my AV Receiver), so it seems that HD Station can recognize the marantz via HDMI but not Linux station. Do you know why?
wizard66
New here

Post by wizard66 »

Thanks for bringing kodi back to us :)
QPKG installed and working like a charm greetings from the Netherlands.
Cheers
axolotl98
Starting out

Post by axolotl98 »

For your info. I am booting the NAS. HD station is operational, I enter Kodi, it works. With some time delay.
Then I choose a movie, the movie starts playing and I get a black screen with no sound. The movie still plays and the black screen remains.
To rectify this, I get out of Kodi, reboot the NAs... and voila. The second time the movie plays.

This happens every single day since I installed this version... So that you know...Thanks

One more thing. The sound for example from songs, comes out distorted. As if you have an old 45 revs disc and you shortly decelerate it and then accelerate it...
It is kind of my technoneed that needs to be fulfilled or else I become a miserable end user.
Is it that or am I just a masochist who yearns to become the testbed of consumer electronics companies, who just dies to be a member of their development team?
MrVideo
Experience counts

Post by MrVideo »

axolotl98, what model NAS are you using and what is the firmware version and build date?

I am running the latest Kodi 17 beta version and have zero issues.
QTS MANUALS
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2
Asking a question, include the following
(Thanks to Toxic17)
QNAP md_checker nasreport (release 20210309)
Model: TS-869L -- RAM: 3G -- FW: QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522 (used for data storage)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x1)/68MYMN1(x7) Red HDDs -- RAID6: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: 1x6TB
Entware
Model: TS-451A -- RAM: 2G -- FW: QTS 4.5.2 Build 20210202 (used as a video server)
WL3000GSA6472(x3) White label NAS HDDs -- RAID5: 3x3TB
Entware -- MyKodi 17.3 (default is Kodi 16)
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos | My 2019 N. Ireland Game of Thrones tour
axolotl98
Starting out

Post by axolotl98 »

Hello there

I have the HS251 running on 4.2.2 buid 20160901... not sure this helps though...
axolotl98
Starting out

Post by axolotl98 »

Hello Philippe,

size of memory is the one that HS251 was shipped, ie 1 GB Ram.
For the rest ie. size of swap, surveying mem used and verifying apps running it would be great if you could direct me to a how to do guide...
Is there an easy way to upgrade the device physical memory? Can I buy and install on my own a 2 GB Ram module?

Thanks

Petros

Edit. Just read that RAM in this model is not upgradeable
Last edited by axolotl98 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
axolotl98
Starting out

Post by axolotl98 »

Excellent.
I have managed to run the Putty and get screenshots of the free memory.
The first screenshot is when the movie was not playing.
The second screenshot was when the movie was finallz playing. It is interesting to see how the NAS seems to free up many resources...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

The download link seems to be offline right now.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Community Apps”