[ QBittorrent4 ] [ 4.5.3 ] Bittorrent Client

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
delirium
New here

Re: [ QBittorrent4 ] [ 4.2.1.0 ] Bittorrent Client

Post by delirium »

After 4.1.5 was removed and 4.2.1 was added, that completely bugged the old install. 4.1.5 cannot start and appears as a 'ghost app' within the app.
I tried to completely remove 4.1.5 and 4.2.1 (uninstalling them, deleting their directories), but 4.1.5 just doesn't disappear.

4.2.1 even after a 'fresh' install doesn't appear in the app list and I have to start it manually via the command line. The fact that the port cannot be changed from 6363 is also annoying.
In addition to all that, all torrents get 'stalled', while they were working fine 2 days ago with 4.1.5. I did try with proxy setup (as it was before) and without that, but there's no difference.
Also.. why is ipv6 now required (ps. I enabled that..)?

Screenshots attached showing the issues with the 'ghost apps'. They're taken a couple of seconds apart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conca
New here

Post by conca »

Anyone can suggest to me a torrent app x41 compatible and bugs free ?
thanks
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

arm-x41 working on my TS-531P here (clean install).. download tested functionnal

not all browser are functionnal (like previous version)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgums
Starting out

Post by mgums »

Thx Emax909.
I followed your advise regarding the PID. It worked the first time. A couple of days later I had to change the cut command from -f1 to -f2, probably is the processnumber was lower (only 3 digits at that time).
I hope in a next release this will be fixed by the developer.
Regards, Marco
Emax909 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:04 am Just installed the 4.2.1 version, I noticed I am not able to stop QBittorent. The appcenter of my NAS says it is stopped, but in reality it is not. Found that /var/run/qbittorrent.pid does not contain the actual pid of qbittorrent, so it tries to kill a non-existing process. Have to manually kill it before I am able to start it again.

It is no problem for other software I installed on my NAS, just Qbittorrent.

Tried if moving the 'export PID=..' line from QBittorent4.sh to the qbittorrent-nox file made any difference, but it did not.

So I modified the Qbittorent4.sh by replacing the line

ID=$(more /var/run/qbittorrent.pid)

with

ID=$(ps -ef | grep qbittorrent-nox.bin | grep -v grep | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f1)

which seems to solve the problem for me (tried 'pidof' too but did not get that to work), but wanted to know if more people are having this issue or if it is just me. Running QTS 4.4.1.1216
mgums
Starting out

Post by mgums »

Hi delirium, I have the exact sale behavior of the disappearing icon. Only able to start via the commandline.
I hope the developer reads dthis and fixes in the next release.
I don't have IPv6 enabled but the program works OK. Just checked to download a torrent and works fine.
Regards, Marco
delirium wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:00 pm After 4.1.5 was removed and 4.2.1 was added, that completely bugged the old install. 4.1.5 cannot start and appears as a 'ghost app' within the app.
I tried to completely remove 4.1.5 and 4.2.1 (uninstalling them, deleting their directories), but 4.1.5 just doesn't disappear.

4.2.1 even after a 'fresh' install doesn't appear in the app list and I have to start it manually via the command line. The fact that the port cannot be changed from 6363 is also annoying.
In addition to all that, all torrents get 'stalled', while they were working fine 2 days ago with 4.1.5. I did try with proxy setup (as it was before) and without that, but there's no difference.
Also.. why is ipv6 now required (ps. I enabled that..)?

Screenshots attached showing the issues with the 'ghost apps'. They're taken a couple of seconds apart.
Wezuwiusz
New here

Post by Wezuwiusz »

I've installed the app on my ts-128a without any issues and I'm able to use it but i want to grab magnets from chrome on the go like i do with transmission + extension - transmission easy client couple click and it's added any extensions for chrome i can use? Just like to add I have dekstop version of qbittorrent as i want to download some stuff on my laptop instead of my NAS and magnets works flawless on desktop version
vonny3
Starting out

Post by vonny3 »

I’m also seeing the issue of torrents getting stalled. It’s generating a bunch of hit and run violations :-/

Has anyone solved the stalling issues?
gutek
New here

Post by gutek »

I banned one peer for tests and now I cannot find it so I can unban it. I guess it is not available in GUI, so I went via SSH to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QBittorrent/.config/qBittorrent and opened qBittorrent.conf and it is not listed there as well.

I run out of options. Where can I find it?
cjdom
New here

Post by cjdom »

Is there any way to install/run this app as user (not as admin)?
Because a simple mistake in the path of download folder messed up my TS-328 by filling system partition and making volume disappear... I just don't want that to happen again.

In a related subject, I still didn't reboot my NAS because shared folders are still accessible (somehow?) and I am backing up some stuff I still didn't. Does anybody know how to remount the volume (thick in a RAID5) before I try to reboot?
EDIT: Solved, just run "/etc/init.d/init_lvm.sh" and it's fixed.
cjdom
New here

Post by cjdom »

I have another problem.
In Advanced option I've set "Network Interface", "Optional IP Address to bind to" and even "IP Address to report to trackers" and my real IP is still visible in ipleak.net
Am I missing something or is this a bug?
(and yes, I have restarted qBit a lot of times).
scegg
Starting out

Post by scegg »

When I try to upgrade 4.2.1.0 to 4.2.3.1 x86_64 on my same QNAP NAS, the new one installed coexisting with the old one.

How to perform an upgrade operating?
Rocinante
Starting out

Post by Rocinante »

scegg wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm When I try to upgrade 4.2.1.0 to 4.2.3.1 x86_64 on my same QNAP NAS, the new one installed coexisting with the old one.

How to perform an upgrade operating?
I am also having this problem.
Also, I used to be able to see the Qbittorrent app in "My Apps".
Now, the icon for it appears for a few seconds, and then disappears, so I cannot even uninstall the older version of Qbittorrent.

This is how it is supposed to appear:

But that only appears for a second and then it goes blank:

patricepm
Getting the hang of things

Post by patricepm »

Yep, same here.
Perhaps it's a bug in qB or one of the latest updates of QNAP.
==================================================
QNAP TVS-473
- 4x WD Red Pro 6TB (RAID 10)
- 2x WD SA510 1TB (RAID 1)
- 2x Samsung 970 Evo plus m.2 1TB (RAID 1)
- 40GB Memory
- Firmware: QTS 5.1.1.2491
Rocinante
Starting out

Post by Rocinante »

The latest version (4.2.3.1) installs in a completely different directory from 4.2.1.0, which results in a potential of two programs running at the same time. I had to copy the fast resume and config files to the new version's directories, and then I used QBoost to disable the older version of the program.
If you don't do this, you will have to reload all torrents again and configure the program to point to the right directories.
stanjourdan
New here

Post by stanjourdan »

Rocinante wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm The latest version (4.2.3.1) installs in a completely different directory from 4.2.1.0, which results in a potential of two programs running at the same time. I had to copy the fast resume and config files to the new version's directories, and then I used QBoost to disable the older version of the program.
If you don't do this, you will have to reload all torrents again and configure the program to point to the right directories.
Thanks for this! Could you share the relevant directories' paths?
Would it work if I preemptively move QB 4.2.1.0 to the new folder?

Return to “Community Apps”