[ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.5.111 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

[ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.5.111 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

Source : http://www.duplicati.com

Download :

Universal : https://qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/369

Dependency :

Qmono
CACert QPKG (unforced)

Note :

Listen on port 8286

About :

Duplicati works with standard protocols like FTP, SSH, WebDAV as well as popular services like Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive " S3, Google Drive, box.com, Mega, hubiC and many others.

Features

Backup files and folders with strong AES-256 encryption. Save space with incremental backups and data deduplication. Run backups on any machine through the web-based interface or via command line interface. Duplicati has a built-in scheduler and auto-updater.

Strong encryption

Duplicati uses strong AES-256 encryption to protect your privacy. You can also use GPG to encrypt your backup.

Last edited by QNAP_Stephane on Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 42 times in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.31 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

v2.0.1.31-2.0.1.31_canary_2016-11-03

Code: Select all

Changes in this version:

Fixed autoupdater choosing old update if the base version was replaced
Improved the UI for adding a backup, thanks @agrajaghh
Added MSSQL to potential backup targets, thanks @mnaiman
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d3763
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.31 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by d3763 »

Trying to use this but I keep getting errors on OAuth with Amazon Cloud Drive.

Code: Select all

System.Exception: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: GetResponse timed out. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com?type=amzcd ---> System.Net.WebException: GetResponse timed out ---> System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0xf193e808 + 0x00187> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.OnAsync (IAsyncResult r) <0xf35222c0 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.GetResponseOrStream () <0xf3588c28 + 0x000ef> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponse () <0xf193ad28 + 0x0011b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.GetResponse (Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest req, System.Object requestdata) <0xf193a928 + 0x00313> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.OAuthHelper.get_AccessToken () <0xf1939c78 + 0x006d3> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.OAuthHelper.CreateRequest (System.String url, System.String method) <0xf19399b0 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.GetJSONData[T] (System.String url, System.Action`1 setup, System.Action`1 setupreq) <0xf19398e8 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Backend.AmazonCloudDrive.AmzCD.RefreshMetadataAndContentUrl () <0xf1939608 + 0x00196> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Backend.AmazonCloudDrive.AmzCD.get_MetadataUrl () <0xf1939538 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Backend.AmazonCloudDrive.AmzCD.List () <0xf1938dc8 + 0x00023> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Backend.AmazonCloudDrive.AmzCD.Test () <0xf1938da0 + 0x00013> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.RemoteOperation.TestConnection (System.String url, Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.RequestInfo info) <0xf1956a20 + 0x002c0> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.RemoteOperation.POST (System.String key, Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.RequestInfo info) <0xf1956740 + 0x0019f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTHandler.DoProcess (Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.RequestInfo info, System.String method, System.String module, System.String key) <0xf2f59ab0 + 0x00dc8> in <filename unknown>:0 
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

did you post the issue on the github ?
Last edited by QNAP_Stephane on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

d3763
Starting out

Post by d3763 »

I haven't, I'll give that a try.

Update: I have updated Mono to 4.6 and that seemed to solve the problem. As long as I specify the hash it connects successfully (in the test) - This is not an issue when I run the program on my Mac.

A new update has been released but trying to install it leads to errors. It is also causing an "insufficient ramdisk space" error on my qnap NAS which has forced me to stop the service. Based on my research, it seems like it might be happening due to Duplicati being unable to find the remote destination and writing to Ramdisk instead. I don't know how feasible this explanation is though but stopping it for now has fixed my errors.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.32 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

2.0.1.32 online comes with some new fixes

DocJott
First post

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.32 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by DocJott »

Does anyone use this to backup their NAS to Amazon Cloud Drive?
d3763
Starting out

Post by d3763 »

I've tried but I keep running into issues. First attempt leads to an "Array size too small" error.

Subsequent attempts fail because first backup failed. Leads to a "Previous volume not finished, call FinishVolume before starting a new volume" error.
bkitt
New here

Post by bkitt »

I've got this working with Amazon Cloud Drive. I needed to upgrade to Mono 4.6 and set an option to get past the "Previous volume not finished" error though. This comes about because, by default, Duplicati tries to compress files for upload into your /tmp folder, which the QNAP does not like at all (presumably because of limited space.) Instead, I created a folder on my shared drive for Duplicati to use. The steps I took:

1. Create a new shared folder. I called mine backup_tmp and selected the "Hide Network Drive" option.
2. In Duplicati, go to Settings -> Default Options -> Add Advanced Option, then select tempdir from the list.
3. In the tempdir text field, write out the path to your shared folder. In my case this was /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/backup_tmp/

All being well, Duplicati should now backup, and considerably faster than Hybrid Backup Sync ;P

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any questions!
d3763
Starting out

Post by d3763 »

bkitt wrote:I've got this working with Amazon Cloud Drive. I needed to upgrade to Mono 4.6 and set an option to get past the "Previous volume not finished" error though. This comes about because, by default, Duplicati tries to compress files for upload into your /tmp folder, which the QNAP does not like at all (presumably because of limited space.) Instead, I created a folder on my shared drive for Duplicati to use. The steps I took:

1. Create a new shared folder. I called mine backup_tmp and selected the "Hide Network Drive" option.
2. In Duplicati, go to Settings -> Default Options -> Add Advanced Option, then select tempdir from the list.
3. In the tempdir text field, write out the path to your shared folder. In my case this was /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/backup_tmp/

All being well, Duplicati should now backup, and considerably faster than Hybrid Backup Sync ;P

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any questions!
So far this works for me -> thanks a lot!
Magnusi
New here

Post by Magnusi »

Just wanted to say thanks to Stephane and share my experience so far. I just got Duplicati running on my Qnap agains Backblaze B2. I ran into certificate errors which can be remedied by selecting advanced option in Duplicati GUI and adding the accept-specified-ssl-hash with the hash from the error message. It also seems possible to re-import certificate authorities with opkg install ca-certificates as an alternative.

I also had to create and add an option for temp storage (as above). Default seems to use /tmp/ that didn't work for some reason and I didn't care to investigate why but adding a new share and configuring it in options solved the problems.

Thanks!
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.38 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated

RubberDuck1983
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.1.38 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by RubberDuck1983 »

Thanks bkitt. This works also for me and Duplicati works now fine :)

Which Upload Size you take for the Upload?! I have make 100 MB. But I don't know if i increase this.
RubberDuck1983
Starting out

Post by RubberDuck1983 »

I have one question maybe someone can answer me. Is it possible two Backup run simultaneously?! or Backup and restore?!

Thanks for help.

Regards
bkitt
New here

Post by bkitt »

RubberDuck1983: You're welcome! From what I've observed, only 1 backup can run at a time. I have my backups set to 50MB chunks and they have been working great for me with Amazon Cloud. I've uploaded hundreds of GB and it has been solid for me.

Thanks for the update Stephane!

Return to “Community Apps”