[ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.5.111 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
gfaessler
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.9 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by gfaessler »

Hello, I installed Duplicati successfully on a TS-459 Pro II but when I try to access the web inferface on http://172.16.xx.xxx:8216/ I get an error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I tried rebooting, installing an older version but the issue persists. Any help would be welcome
RubberDuck1983
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.9 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by RubberDuck1983 »

Hi,

you have maye the new Version ( 2.0.3.10 ) Thanks
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RubberDuck1983
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.10 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by RubberDuck1983 »

Okay, great. Thanks!
araya1987
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.10 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by araya1987 »

Hi,

I'm on version 2.0.3.10, install fom qnp club, I see that 2.0.3.11 is out and tried the gui update, seems to work but after a while it goes back to say im on 2.0.3.10 version, is there something wrong im doing that duplicati goes back to the version .10 originally installed from the qnap club store in the nas?
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

This is exactly what I was looking for, the ability to encrypt my backup data in OneDrive, I have 3TB of space. Thank you very much Stephane!!
QNAP TS-253Be 2 x WD Red 6TB RAID1, & 1 x WD Ext. 6TB, QTS: 4.5.3.1670

Plex, Radar, Sonarr, Lidarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra 2, Container Station
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

Hi,

Could someone please help?

Just a few questions.

I installed from the QNAP Club repository.

Firstly, this version is Canary and it states in settings that the Carnary version is "Individual builds for developers only. Not for use with important data". Is this correct? Can I use it to backup important data?

Secondly, under "Default options" "Add advanced option" What option should I select in order for my data to be encrypted and secure?

I assume I have to generate a Certificate with CACert 1.01, is there a guide for me to follow in order to do this?

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it.
Last edited by Skeptical.me on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

araya1987
Starting out

Post by araya1987 »

as for the second point, the data encryption key is selected when you create the backup job
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

araya1987 wrote:as for the second point, the data encryption key is selected when you create the backup job
Oh, ok. Great. So, there isn't really anything else to do, is there? I'm not requiring external access to Duplicati (I have UPnP and all port forwarding disabled).

Thank you so much for helping.

Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.11 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by Skeptical.me »

QNAP_Stephane wrote:Image

Source : http://www.duplicati.com

Download :

Universal : https://qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/369

Dependency :

Qmono
CACert QPKG (unforced)

Note :

Listen on port 8286

About :

Duplicati works with standard protocols like FTP, SSH, WebDAV as well as popular services like Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive " S3, Google Drive, box.com, Mega, hubiC and many others.

Features

Backup files and folders with strong AES-256 encryption. Save space with incremental backups and data deduplication. Run backups on any machine through the web-based interface or via command line interface. Duplicati has a built-in scheduler and auto-updater.

Strong encryption

Duplicati uses strong AES-256 encryption to protect your privacy. You can also use GPG to encrypt your backup.

So, I installed Duplicati and setup my first cloud backup with OneDrive, called My Photos. There's just over 8GB. The path is /Share/Multimedia/Camera Uploads/ and I successfully signed into OneDrive. There are 5819 Photos.

However, it appears on my first Backup the size of the Backup was only around 700kb.
Duplicati.png

When I tried to run the backup again this is the error I received:
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 2.04.39 AM.png

What am I doing wrong?

AAny advice is welcomed and appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

araya1987
Starting out

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.11 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups online

Post by araya1987 »

Is there a chance to use the beta version instead of canary builds?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

all previous version are on QnapClub Repo, just browse release on web page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
araya1987
Starting out

Post by araya1987 »

I just looked and seems that latest beta 2.0.3.3 is not listed

In the repo shows 2.0.3.2 and jumps to 2.0.3.4
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

Hi,

I have this installed on my NAS TS-253Be QTS 4.3.50728

I'm not sure how to get it working. I have 3 TB of OneDrive Storage. I signed into OneDrive and setup a backup of a Share "My Documents". I followed all the prompts but it doesn't upload anything.

I have installed QPerl and CACert.

In Settings>Default options I'm a bit lost what option should i choose? Also, do i have to generate an SSL cert? I'm not clear about that.
If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be very appreciative.

QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Duplicati ] [ 2.0.3.13 ] Free backup software to store encrypted backups onlin

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

updated

Return to “Community Apps”