Page 1 of 15

Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:57 am
by Alexdirks
Hello all,

Kodi 17 is out anyone Know where i can find a qpkg kodi 17

Ty

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 am
by Trexx
Father_Mande has been the community member who has been generously investing his free time to create/maintain/support the KODI qpkg's. He posts them in the Community Apps forum when he releases them. IF he decides to continue that practice with the final v17 release, that is where you will find it.

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:42 am
by DAZALONG1972
Tried kodi rc4 but couldn't figure out how to install , need a straight forward qpkg lol , looking forward to kodi back on my nas since loosing it from hd station

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:12 am
by Trexx
You install RC4 just like any other QPKG. App Center > manual install. You can all install it via HD Station also as a manual install. Either way works.

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:16 am
by Alexdirks
Ty for you info but the link For the rc4 is down.
Hope the Will make a qpkg for the Full version

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:58 am
by dignan
DAZALONG1972 wrote:Tried kodi rc4 but couldn't figure out how to install , need a straight forward qpkg lol , looking forward to kodi back on my nas since loosing it from hd station

Can you upload and offer a link for RC4?

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:28 pm
by JohnSypin
dignan wrote:
DAZALONG1972 wrote:Tried kodi rc4 but couldn't figure out how to install , need a straight forward qpkg lol , looking forward to kodi back on my nas since loosing it from hd station

Can you upload and offer a link for RC4?


https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xe763f4vgr57 ... 4.zip?dl=0

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:50 pm
by Alexdirks
ty for the link

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:45 pm
by bjs1978
Thanks JohnSypin for the link! I've not tested this yet, but K17 RC3 installed but didn't launch for me. For those suffering the same issue - and who've lost Kodi altogether by upgrading to HD Player (which sux), here's a link to Kodi "Frodo", the last official QPKG provided by QNAP and what I've rolled back to and works fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8rwhspkj9x3j ... _64-1.qpkg

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:00 pm
by CylonCenturion
bjs1978 wrote:Thanks JohnSypin for the link! I've not tested this yet, but K17 RC3 installed but didn't launch for me. For those suffering the same issue - and who've lost Kodi altogether by upgrading to HD Player (which sux), here's a link to Kodi "Frodo", the last official QPKG provided by QNAP and what I've rolled back to and works fine


You recommend xbmc 12.X, instead of kodi 17? :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
Kodi 17 RC4 works perfect here.
You did not investigate why the package does not start?

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm
by bjs1978
I don't recommend it for those with a newer working version, but providing an alternative for those with similar issues.

Like I said, K17 RC3 didn't launch for me. I haven't tried RC4 yet. If that works I'll switch for sure. Meanwhile XBMC 12.x beats the ** out of HD Player!

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 pm
by bjs1978
RC4 doesn't start either. Installs fine. Click the icon in HD Station, it thinks for a few seconds then stops. Nothing...

Not really sure where to start. Advice welcome!

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm
by CylonCenturion
bjs1978 wrote:RC4 doesn't start either. Installs fine. Click the icon in HD Station, it thinks for a few seconds then stops. Nothing...

Not really sure where to start. Advice welcome!


You aware that you have to connect a HDMI cable in the NAS,
and from an HDMI channell on the tv you have to select Kodi?

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:13 pm
by bjs1978
Of course. I'm using XBMC 12.x without any issues...

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:35 pm
by Mak11
Why is the thread from father_mande about Kodi closed? And why are all the links are down? Is there a official Statement from Qnap, about the future of Kodi under Qnap?