Kodi17 qpkg

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Post by Benna80 »

DoctorJellybean wrote:Because his server went down. He created a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=320&t=129897

Thanks Doctor, i've then seen the new thread, fortunately :) i was already throwing my nas out of the window if no new version of KODI would comes out.
hslansky
Starting out

Post by hslansky »

So Father_Mande has closed his thread and downloads again and has directed everyone to use the QPKG on QNAPCLUB. Can anyone who has installed is version answer the following questions:

1) Is this qpkg Kodi 17 Final or a Release Candidate?
2) Does his install into its own directory, like father_mande's or will in install to the same directory as the QNAP version of Kodi 16? Since this release is no longer available I would hate to lose it.

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

at the end of that thread father _mande explains that someone else (from the Belgium forum)is making a 17 kodi qpkg ... so if he can spare some dev cycles for this and invest them in other projects ...great

viewtopic.php?f=320&t=129897&start=30#p597299
sonnsterr
Know my way around

Post by sonnsterr »

I had tried that version and it would not work....father_mande versions always worked for me... not good news to me... :(
QNAP TS-1677X 1700 RAM 64G
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

so get in contact with qnap club and get help from package maintainer
thewalkernz
Starting out

Post by thewalkernz »

Father Mande's thread has a link to qnap europe site - which a couple of commentators have mentioned is an official forum - so Father Mande has advised that that version should be prefereable for us to use.
Note - if you have been using Father Mandes Krypton 17 version one benifit is that it creates a seperate settings file than the 16 version you have installed. Whereas the qnap.en version leaves the 16 installed but overwrites it to default settings. I'd guess you shouldn't run them concurrently.

It might be wise to unlock the father mande RC thread to add a note making this clear.
sonnsterr
Know my way around

Post by sonnsterr »

dolbyman wrote:so get in contact with qnap club and get help from package maintainer
I was just stating that father mandes versions always worked for me, and it was nice that he was here on this forum with his releases. I guess I need to learn to read French now :roll One of the main reasons I still have my qnap is fahter_Mande..
Last edited by sonnsterr on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
QNAP TS-1677X 1700 RAM 64G
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I understand, but I also understand that two people doing the same thing, is too much.

Maybe the Belgium KODI dev can join the forum here.
JohnSypin
Starting out

Post by JohnSypin »

Not only did the one here work it was kept updated . Last I looked the one on the other site is only RC3 from a month ago.
thewalkernz
Starting out

Post by thewalkernz »

Father Mande, please come back.
The qnapclub.eu version is crash city. Adding library = crash exit Kodi.Trying to play a song = crash exit. Absolutely unusable.
Reverted back to fathermande's "MyKodi" version and it all works perfectly.
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

dolbyman wrote:I understand, but I also understand that two people doing the same thing, is too much.

Maybe the Belgium KODI dev can join the forum here.
I find it childish to tackle Father_mande's package, only because someone-els got a repo.
Gladly i have downloaded his package days before his site went down.
mrs4t4n
Know my way around

Post by mrs4t4n »

hslansky wrote:So Father_Mande has closed his thread and downloads again and has directed everyone to use the QPKG on QNAPCLUB. Can anyone who has installed is version answer the following questions:

1) Is this qpkg Kodi 17 Final or a Release Candidate?
2) Does his install into its own directory, like father_mande's or will in install to the same directory as the QNAP version of Kodi 16? Since this release is no longer available I would hate to lose it.

Thanks
So i could try this one from qnapclub.eu WITHOUT touch the mykody directory, get both installed at the same time, like when we could had the official kodi16 and the mykody17?

And someone could get the mykody17 final from @father_mande before he removes it?

And @father_mande, if you read this... Thanks for all your work.
If it was not for your work, I would have sold my qnap long ago. I understand that you don't want "duplicate work", but, your final package was already done, could you put it online again?
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

Well, I don't understand why, with 2 versions on the go, the one stopped was the one of father_mande. If one of the two doesn't work the LOGICAL conclusion is to keep the working version....
So I would expect one topic on the QNAP.eu forum like this: "since there's already a working version we'll delete this version and keep the one developed by father_mande".

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

Benna80 wrote:Well, I don't understand why, with 2 versions on the go, the one stopped was the one of father_mande. If one of the two doesn't work the LOGICAL conclusion is to keep the working version....
So I would expect one topic on the QNAP.eu forum like this: "since there's already a working version we'll delete this version and keep the one developed by father_mande".

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
They had to adopt F.M package, instead if package it by thereself. :!: :!:
JUPPRAZA
New here

Post by JUPPRAZA »

thewalkernz wrote:Father Mande's thread has a link to qnap europe site - which a couple of commentators have mentioned is an official forum - so Father Mande has advised that that version should be prefereable for us to use.
Note - if you have been using Father Mandes Krypton 17 version one benifit is that it creates a seperate settings file than the 16 version you have installed. Whereas the qnap.en version leaves the 16 installed but overwrites it to default settings. I'd guess you shouldn't run them concurrently.

It might be wise to unlock the father mande RC thread to add a note making this clear.

Dear thewalkernz,

I have been happily using Father_Mande's version 2-16.1.1 for over two month now, for which I am eternally grateful to him and his generosity, and I wouldn't want to loose it. Nor would I want to loose the settings/ functionality from the official version of Kodi16 that I have within my version of HD Station (3.2.1) until I'm sure of a replacement. Therefore, can please please help by clarifying your observations: I realise that Father_Mande's version of Krypton 17 creates a separate settings file, but if I install the version of Kodi17 available on qnapclub.eu, will the installation over-write my "user settings files" in the .kodi folder of the official QNAP version of Kodi16 that I have within my version of HD Station?

My question is, I believe, the same as the 2nd question being asked by poster "hslansky" in his/her 12:46 am post today.

many thanks

Return to “Community Apps”