Randomly lost settings on mykodi 16 QPKG by father_mande Ahhh!!!

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
paradoxgrowth
Getting the hang of things

Randomly lost settings on mykodi 16 QPKG by father_mande Ahhh!!!

Post by paradoxgrowth »

Hi everyone,

After restarting my TVS-465 and starting mykodi 16, all of a sudden all my settings are gone!! It worked for months and now it looks like a new install!!

The original post father_mande created regarding the version 16 of mykodi has been deleted. It had instructions regarding keeping your settings by moving the .kodi file. I believe I remember you put it in root of the home folder of the person you are signing into HD station with. For example, I am signing in as admin so it should be in /shares/homes/admin/.kodi. However! I see it is still there and it doesn't work! I tried reinstalling it several times, no luck! I confirmed that the .kodi file does still have all my settings in it. I actually moved it to another computer and used it to confirm. I tried moving the .kodi folder to the following places with no success:

/shares/homes/admin/KODI/.kodi
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/mykodi16/root/.kodi
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/.kodi
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KODI/.kodi

Does anyone know what might be going on?
paradoxgrowth

Re: Randomly lost settings on mykodi 16 QPKG by father_mande Ahhh!!!

Post by paradoxgrowth »

could someone just confirm that the placement of the .kodi file for mykodi16 to maintain settings? Thanks!
paradoxgrowth

Re: Randomly lost settings on mykodi 16 QPKG by father_mande Ahhh!!!

Post by paradoxgrowth »

I was able to fix my own problem. After trying literally everything, I found that I had to delete Kodi (again), delete HD station completely and all the apps. Then reinstall everything.

Return to “Community Apps”