[QPKG] sherpa: a mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Iceman24
Getting the hang of things

Re: [SCRIPT] Sherpa

Post by Iceman24 »

I figured it out. I just added back the cache from before. It was trying to read cache folder but wasn't seeing much of anything and apparently wasn't smart enough to recreate it.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Oh, cool. 8)

Where is that cache located?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Iceman24
Getting the hang of things

Post by Iceman24 »

Inside the config folder.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Ah, just spotted it in one of your earlier posts. No worries, thinking ahead - that would be backed-up and restored if we grab the whole config directory, so that's great. ;)

Thanks!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Safihre
New here

Post by Safihre »

Added this to the SABnzbd NAS Installation page: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/installation/install-nas
ck16
Starting out

Post by ck16 »

OneCD wrote:
Known issues
  • A couple of reports of "ImportError: No module named xmlrpclib" when post-processing. Please advise if this happens to you and where you saw this message.
Hi OneCD,

I started experiencing this error about 2 weeks ago when post-processing music, TV Shows or Movies. I did have a movie successfully post-process recently, but in general everything fails with this error.

Is there anything you'd like me to check or logs to post?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
ck
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

ck16 wrote:
OneCD wrote:
Known issues
  • A couple of reports of "ImportError: No module named xmlrpclib" when post-processing. Please advise if this happens to you and where you saw this message.
Hi OneCD,

I started experiencing this error about 2 weeks ago when post-processing music, TV Shows or Movies. I did have a movie successfully post-process recently, but in general everything fails with this error.

Is there anything you'd like me to check or logs to post?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
ck
I know @OneCD changed a few bits and ends according to this GIT Page about a month ago "fix path creation error with nzbToMedia" , after I reported this. This was resolved for me, after his latest update. If you have not done so, I would recommend an update of Sherpa and an re-install of SAB via:

Installation

A little different this time. SSH / PuTTY into your NAS as the 'admin' user,

Change to the Public share directory:

Code: Select all

cd /share/Public
Download & extract the archive file:

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/onecdonly/sherpa/master/sherpa.tar.gz && tar -zxvf sherpa.tar.gz
Then, to (re)install SABnzbd+:

./SABnzbdplus
as per Page 1 of this thread. I have not had any post processing fail since then. Best of luck!
ck16
Starting out

Post by ck16 »

dirkonline wrote: I know @OneCD changed a few bits and ends according to this GIT Page about a month ago "fix path creation error with nzbToMedia" , after I reported this. This was resolved for me, after his latest update. If you have not done so, I would recommend an update of Sherpa and an re-install of SAB via:
Awesome thank you!

I've just followed your steps and reinstalled SABnzbd. Hopefully this solves my issues.

Cheers,
ck
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

ck16 wrote:
dirkonline wrote: I know @OneCD changed a few bits and ends according to this GIT Page about a month ago "fix path creation error with nzbToMedia" , after I reported this. This was resolved for me, after his latest update. If you have not done so, I would recommend an update of Sherpa and an re-install of SAB via:
Awesome thank you!

I've just followed your steps and reinstalled SABnzbd. Hopefully this solves my issues.

Cheers,
ck
My pleasure, I am keeping my fingers crossed :)
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

Just a heads up: Sickrage git has been taken down :/

Repository unavailable due to DMCA takedown.
drfruit
Easy as a breeze

Post by drfruit »

Fake DMCA takedown, according to reddit. It seems that one of the fork developers couldn't accept that another one was more successful and faked the request.
ck16
Starting out

[SCRIPT] Sherpa

Post by ck16 »

dirkonline wrote:
Mate, it worked like a charm! I had a few shows successfully post process in the last 48 hours.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
ck
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

drfruit wrote:Fake DMCA takedown, according to reddit. It seems that one of the fork developers couldn't accept that another one was more successful and faked the request.
Man I am so glad to hear that. I am also rolling my eyes! Thanks for the update :)
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

ck16 wrote:
dirkonline wrote:
Mate, it worked like a charm! I had a few shows successfully post process in the last 48 hours.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
ck
You're most welcome, I am glad it works okay for you now. Just remember, you can update the entire installation of SAB with a restart which will then do a GIT update / pull etc

/etc/init.d/sabnzbd.sh restart
I would also recommend checking the first page here for updated versions or simply doing the download of the Sherpa Script and unpacking again, then running the restart :)
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

Just saw this:
2017-07-15 - I've left this forum. I'm switching to a pure Debian environment for both my NAS. As a result, I'll no longer be able to use or support QNAP's firmware. This means no more QPKGs, closed-source software, "Malware Removers", etc ... so, I'm looking forward to it. ;)

To contact me, send a mail to one.cd.only@gmail.com. I'll still be a contributor on various other software-related forums so I might see you there.

Thank you to all community members who have participated in the many discussions - and to the regulars I saw here everyday (your advice has taught me a lot). I have also learned a great deal by assisting others, and hope many more members will do the same. :D
I reckon we should enjoy this as long as it works. Thank you, OneCD for the work and all the help. Unless someone else steps up with the skills to support this, a simple working version of SAB etc on QNAP is no longer an option.

Return to “Community Apps”