[QPKG] sherpa: a mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [SCRIPT] Sherpa

Post by OneCD »

No problem. Once your NAS DNS is configured, come back and we'll try the Sherpa install again. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bartley69
Know my way around

Post by Bartley69 »

Any idea why my SickRage version is showing "Version: fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything."?

Thanks.
swany6mm
Getting the hang of things

Post by swany6mm »

OneCD wrote:QBoost - is that the thing with the dancing robot? Maybe QNAP should spend less time programming stupid gimics and more time on reliability. :roll:

Swany, do you have a suggestion for a fix? I don't have that firmware so I'm unable to see what's going on. Happy to hear any advice.

So, I accidently typed my respond in the "report" box....ugh, sorry. They'll read it an be like "What the hell....." lol

Anyways, yeah the dancing tin can,. I have no idea of the exact way to attack this. My guess is that it's deleteing files and folder left bedhind that it thinks aren't being used by SAB (or your installer part) and that's whats doing thing in. It also may have nothong at all with yuour installer and the problem is within sab itself
QNAP TS-651
4GB Mem (2x2GB)
4.5.2.1630 (2021/04/06)
Current HDD
2 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB - Raid 1 -DataVol1
4 WD Red 8TB - RAID 5 - DataVol1_1
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Bartley69 wrote:Any idea why my SickRage version is showing "Version: fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything."?
Sorry @Bartley69, saw your post earlier, then got distracted and completely forgot to get back to you with an answer. :oops:

My SR on Debian 9.2 shows the same thing. I found a couple of mentions of this but no clear indication as to how to fix it. I think it's something to do with a missing git project tag, but I've not got far enough in my own GitHub travels to confirm this.

I've raised this as issue #4143. Let's see if anyone can suggest a solution.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

swany6mm wrote:They'll read it an be like "What the **....." lol
I did and I did. No worries. ;)
swany6mm wrote:Anyways, yeah the dancing tin can,. I have no idea of the exact way to attack this. My guess is that it's deleteing files and folder left bedhind that it thinks aren't being used by SAB (or your installer part) and that's whats doing thing in. It also may have nothong at all with yuour installer and the problem is within sab itself
Is there a way to disable Qboost?

When SAB can't launch after Qboost runs, is SAB still actually installed? Are your settings, download queue & history intact?

erik@qnap
New here

Post by erik@qnap »

Hi,

Are there any prerequisites related to the Sherpa script and the apps being installed?

Like, do I first have to remove all apps already installed on my QNAP (TS-469L) that will (can) be installed by the Sherpa script?

And have Optware installed. Understood that Entware is the successor for Optware? So should uninstall Optware first?

Thanks!

Regards,

Erik
Last edited by erik@qnap on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartley69
Know my way around

Post by Bartley69 »

OneCD wrote:
Bartley69 wrote:Any idea why my SickRage version is showing "Version: fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything."?
Sorry @Bartley69, saw your post earlier, then got distracted and completely forgot to get back to you with an answer. :oops:

My SR on Debian 9.2 shows the same thing. I found a couple of mentions of this but no clear indication as to how to fix it. I think it's something to do with a missing git project tag, but I've not got far enough in my own GitHub travels to confirm this.

I've raised this as issue #4143. Let's see if anyone can suggest a solution.

No worries, thanks mate. I'll keep checking back and see if anything comes of it. Cheers.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Hi Erik. :)
erik@qnap wrote:Like, do I first have to remove all apps already installed on my QNAP (TS-469L) that will (can) be installed by the Sherpa script?
No, you can leave them - they'll be fine. At least, I hope so. ;)
erik@qnap wrote:And have Optware installed. Understood that Entware is the successor for Optware? So should uninstall Optware first?
You can uninstall it manually - but Sherpa will uninstall it anyway. It will then install Entware.

erik@qnap
New here

Post by erik@qnap »

Thanks for the prompt reply OneCD!

I'll give it a go.

Thanks!
swany6mm
Getting the hang of things

Post by swany6mm »

OneCD wrote:Is there a way to disable Qboost?

When SAB can't launch after Qboost runs, is SAB still actually installed? Are your settings, download queue & history intact?
I can disable it, but it's a built in app from QNap. It'll come back on after a reboot.

Sab is installed via your installer (which, again, thank you for making. Makes installing it so easy). On the QBoost, there are two option, one to "Clean up" memory, and one to "Clean up" files/folders. If I do not run the files/folders clean up, everything stays fine. I can run the memory one and nothing happens to SAB. If I run the clean up for files/folders, that's when SAB will "die" after a reboot (It continues to run until the reboot). Once that happens, I rerun your installer and SAB is fine. All settings are still there, so the config files are not being deleted.
QNAP TS-651
4GB Mem (2x2GB)
4.5.2.1630 (2021/04/06)
Current HDD
2 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB - Raid 1 -DataVol1
4 WD Red 8TB - RAID 5 - DataVol1_1
erik@qnap
New here

Post by erik@qnap »

Used the Sherpa script and worked like a charm.

Thanks OneCD!
coolmacdude
Starting out

Post by coolmacdude »

all was working perfectly fine until a small qnap update this morning which included the dreaded python 3 update that cause me many problems before, then surprise surprise SABnzbd errors after a relatively short net search I can across your script and.....

WOW that was surprisingly HASSLE FREE.... well done for the great work OneCD and until next time :):)
loonatik
Starting out

Post by loonatik »

For some reason my SABYenc keeps upgrading to v3.3.2 even when I install v3.3.1 and I get the following error.

SABYenc disabled: no correct version found! (Found v3.3.2, expecting v3.3.1)
Xmantium
Been there, done that

Post by Xmantium »

I think something maybe wrong with the script when installing Sickrage.
After i installed it uninstalls Par2 so Sabnzbd says "par2 binary... NOT found! Verification and repair will not be possible."

Code: Select all

[/share/Public] # ./SickRage
sherpa.sh (2017.11.01b)

[ done ] uninstalled QPKG 'Par2cmdline-MT'
[ done ] downloaded QPKG (SickRage_170610.qpkg)
[ done ] updated 'Entware'
[ done ] downloaded & installed IPKs (various)
[ done ] downloaded & installed IPK (python-dev)
[ done ] installed (pip setuptools)
[ done ] installed (pip sabyenc)
[ done ] installed QPKG (SickRage_170610.qpkg)                                                                                                                                                                 

[ done ] SickRage has been successfully installed! 
I manually installed the qpkg from https://www.forum-nas.fr/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4900

Also, Ive seen theres a new version of Sabnzbd, after upgrading it and using

pip install sabyenc --upgrade && /etc/init.d/sabnzbd.sh restart
I still get "SABYenc disabled: no correct version found! (Found v3.3.2, expecting v3.3.1)"
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Xmantium wrote:I think something maybe wrong with the script when installing Sickrage.
After i installed it uninstalls Par2 so Sabnzbd says "par2 binary... NOT found! Verification and repair will not be possible."
Ah, this was a logic error - my bad. I've now fixed this. :oops:
Xmantium wrote:Also, Ive seen theres a new version of Sabnzbd, after upgrading it and using

pip install sabyenc --upgrade && /etc/init.d/sabnzbd.sh restart
I still get "SABYenc disabled: no correct version found! (Found v3.3.2, expecting v3.3.1)"
This has happened before and it's because sherpa uses the 'master' branch of SAB, but @safihre updates 'sabyenc' to keep-pace with the requirements of the 'develop' branch. edit: @safihre has mentioned that the next SAB release (2.3.2) isn't as strict on its version checking for 'sabyenc'. So, this problem should occur less once SAB 2.3.2 becomes 'master'. ;)

In the meantime, please use this to downgrade your 'sabyenc' package:

pip uninstall -y sabyenc && pip install sabyenc==3.3.1 && /etc/init.d/sabnzbd.sh restart

Return to “Community Apps”