[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Haskell
Starting out

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Haskell »

Yeah that worked for me, and I even successfully imported the package from python3 interpreter, but the same warning still there and no flags are shown

Code: Select all

[WARNING ][deluge.core.preferencesmanager:471 ] GeoIP Unavailable
it's a minor issue and you probably shouldn't be bothered with it. :wink:
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

No worries. If you figure it out, please let me know and I'll add support for this to the QPKG. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GTunney
Been there, done that

Post by GTunney »

Just seeing if there has been any update on the Sickchill scenario now the dust has settled a little?

Will sickchill still be removed from sherpa? Just so I can make arrangements to switch over to something that is getting updates.
Model: TS-653B 8GB
Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital WD40EFRX - RAID 5
Total Storage: 7.2TB
Applications: Plex MS | Watcher3 | QSabnzbd+ | QSickrage | Home Assistant | Kodi v18.4 MySQL
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTC - 80/20 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch
potestus
Easy as a breeze

Post by potestus »

GTunney wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 pm Just seeing if there has been any update on the Sickchill scenario now the dust has settled a little?

Will sickchill still be removed from sherpa? Just so I can make arrangements to switch over to something that is getting updates.
Have you caught up with the sc updates? I've resisted up to now I'm about 220 behind but it's working fine?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

GTunney wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 pm Just seeing if there has been any update on the Sickchill scenario now the dust has settled a little?
No updates.
GTunney wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 pm Will sickchill still be removed from sherpa? Just so I can make arrangements to switch over to something that is getting updates.
Yes, that's still going to happen.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

potestus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:05 pm Have you caught up with the sc updates? I've resisted up to now I'm about 220 behind but it's working fine?
I've just run a test by allowing SickChill to update itself - which then broke the Python modules in the same troublesome manner. :(

It seems the SickChill dev has not altered his stance, and is still allowing SickChill to install its own modules, even if it breaks existing Python apps.

I can work on hiding that update message if it helps. ;)

potestus
Easy as a breeze

Post by potestus »

OneCD wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 am
potestus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:05 pm Have you caught up with the sc updates? I've resisted up to now I'm about 220 behind but it's working fine?
I've just run a test by allowing SickChill to update itself - which then broke the Python modules in the same troublesome manner. :(

It seems the SickChill dev has not altered his stance, and is still allowing SickChill to install its own modules, even if it breaks existing Python apps.

I can work on hiding that update message if it helps. ;)
Sounds like a plan thanks.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

potestus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:02 am Sounds like a plan thanks.
I just remembered, there's a solution in this post: viewtopic.php?p=763253#p763253

The_Hawk
Starting out

Post by The_Hawk »

I'm still running my old QNAP TS-870 Pro which was upgraded to an i7-3770S and 16GB RAM. Sadly it's stuck on 4.3.x so it's slowly falling behind in terms of updates and slowly things are breaking (or being left behind in features).

Sherpa still works nicely (other than the fun with external things like Sickchill recently).

But that leads me to my questions:

It sounds like the recommended approach is to migrate to SickGear, correct?
How long do people think I'll be able to keep running apps like SickGear/SABnzbd/Radarr on this unit? Or should I be looking to move to a newer dedicated machine with a different OS for my requirements?
(I'd keep the NAS for mass storage, locked down to internal use only, and use a different machine with a more modern and supported OS for the Apps which touch the internet).

Assuming a dedicated machine, what is sufficient? A Raspberry Pi 4? An x86 machine? (I have a 4th gen Intel spare at the moment). What OS should I consider? Does Sherpa still work on any other platform?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

The_Hawk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:38 pm It sounds like the recommended approach is to migrate to SickGear, correct?
Yes, but if you'd like to stick with SickChill, @QNAP_Stephane has a package for this on the Qnapclub Store: https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/1015
The_Hawk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:38 pm How long do people think I'll be able to keep running apps like SickGear/SABnzbd/Radarr on this unit? Or should I be looking to move to a newer dedicated machine with a different OS for my requirements?
Your NAS specs look fine. I can't see any reason you should switch to a different device, unless you're unhappy with the performance (responsiveness) of your current apps. :)
The_Hawk wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:38 pm Does Sherpa still work on any other platform?
No, it was written specifically to work in QTS (because QTS is quite unlike other distros and it's a bit of a pain to install things into it).

Once you switch to a different distro, you'll need to install and configure your apps according to the requirements of that distro.

radxxx
Starting out

Post by radxxx »

Assuming a dedicated machine, what is sufficient? A Raspberry Pi 4? An x86 machine?
Sickgear & a torrent app work great, I have just installed that combo on a Pi4 running raspbian lite. If you decide to go that way use the snap store as that makes the install a breeze
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

Cheers, how is everyone? I hope you are still healthy and thriving!

I have an issue with SAB after the latest Qnap update (might not be causal, just coincidence)
SAB won't start any more:

>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 12:32:12 CEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
daemon: NOT active
file (/opt/bin/git): exists
update 'SABnzbd' from remote repository: OK
current git branch: master
file (/opt/bin/python3): exists
load UI ports from application: OK
start daemon: failed!
= ExecuteAndLog()
output: "Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 56, in <module>
    import sabnzbd
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 91, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.rss as rss
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/rss.py", line 35, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.emailer as emailer
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/emailer.py", line 36, in <module>
    from sabnzbd.notifier import check_cat
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/notifier.py", line 36, in <module>
    from sabnzbd.newsunpack import create_env
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 60, in <module>
    from sabnzbd.nzbstuff import NzbObject, NzbFile
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/nzbstuff.py", line 89, in <module>
    from sabnzbd.deobfuscate_filenames import is_probably_obfuscated
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/deobfuscate_filenames.py", line 38, in <module>
    import sabnzbd.utils.file_extension as file_extension
  File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/file_extension.py", line 8, in <module>
    import puremagic
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'puremagic'"
result: [1]
I tried reinstalling Entware and doing a "sherpa clean" and "sherpa check all"
SAB still fails to start with the error posted above. Is this something anyone can help me with or will be have to go to the dreaded SAB forum?

also tried to install the module using pip
[~] # pip install puremagic
Collecting puremagic
Downloading puremagic-1.10-py3-none-any.whl (31 kB)
Collecting argparse
Downloading argparse-1.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (23 kB)
Installing collected packages: argparse, puremagic
Successfully installed argparse-1.4.0 puremagic-1.10
WARNING: Running pip as the 'root' user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: https://pip.pypa.io/warnings/venv
[~] # sherpa restart sab
sherpa 210918 • a mini-package-manager for QNAP NAS

fail: 'SABnzbd' service operation failed. Check (/var/log/SABnzbd.log) for more information
done: restarted 1 dependent QPKG

[~] #

>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 12:38:12 CEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
disable QPKG icon: OK
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 12:38:13 CEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
output: "Not all required Python modules are available, please check requirements.txt
Missing module: Cheetah
You can read more at: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/installation/install-off-modules
If you still experience problems, remove all .pyc files in this folder and subfolders"
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 12:41:46 CEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 12:41:47 CEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
output: "Not all required Python modules are available, please check requirements.txt
Missing module: Cheetah
You can read more at: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/installation/install-off-modules
If you still experience problems, remove all .pyc files in this folder and subfolders"
okay that may not have been the best idea, crap I think I broke a few things with my fumbling:

[~] # sherpa clean
done: management script cleaned
[~] # sherpa check
sherpa 210918 • a mini-package-manager for QNAP NAS

done: downloaded & installed 1 IPKG
fail: Reinstallation of 'Python3 sabyenc3' module failed ! result_code: [1]
warn: installed 1 PIP group, but 1 PIP group failed
done: restarted 2 dependent QPKGs

thefan
Starting out

Post by thefan »

Could anyone please help get my sabnzbd back to running, i dont know why it is not working anymore.

-------------------- 'start' requested --------------------
= Sat Sep 18 19:15:51 EEST 2021, QPKG: 200822f, application: 3.4.0
= daemon is not active
* updating 'SABnzbd' from remote repository: OK
* starting daemon: failed!
= ExecuteAndLog()
= output: "Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 56, in <module>
import sabnzbd
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 91, in <module>
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/rss.py", line 35, in <module>
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/emailer.py", line 36, in <module>
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/notifier.py", line 36, in <module>
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 60, in <module>
from sabnzbd.nzbstuff import NzbObject, NzbFile
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/nzbstuff.py", line 89, in <module>
from sabnzbd.deobfuscate_filenames import is_probably_obfuscated
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/deobfuscate_filenames.py", line 38, in <module>
import sabnzbd.utils.file_extension as file_extension
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/utils/file_extension.py", line 8, in <module>
import puremagic
= result: [1]
-------------------- 'stop' requested --------------------
= Sat Sep 18 19:28:54 EEST 2021, QPKG: 200822f, application: 3.4.0
= daemon is not active
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:29:01 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 61, in <module>
from sabnzbd.sorting import SeriesSorter
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/sorting.py", line 25, in <module>
import guessit
File "/opt/lib/python3.9/site-packages/guessit/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
from . import monkeypatch as _monkeypatch
File "/opt/lib/python3.9/site-packages/guessit/monkeypatch.py", line 9, in <module>
from rebulk.match import Match
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'rebulk'"
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:29:13 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:29:14 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 61, in <module>
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd/sabnzbd/sorting.py", line 25, in <module>
import guessit
File "/opt/lib/python3.9/site-packages/guessit/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
File "/opt/lib/python3.9/site-packages/guessit/monkeypatch.py", line 9, in <module>
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:38:57 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:38:58 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
wait for (/opt/bin/python3) to appear: failed!
(/opt/bin/python3) not found! (exceeded timeout: 30 seconds)
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:42:27 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:42:35 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:42:36 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
import guessit
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:44:46 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:44:54 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:44:55 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
import guessit
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:47:13 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
no configuration file found: using default
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:47:56 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'' <<<<<<<<<<
clone 'SABnzbd' from remote repository: OK
update 'SABnzbd' language translations: OK
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
import guessit
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:50:51 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:50:52 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
import guessit
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:51:45 EEST 2021',request:'stopping',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>> datetime:'Sat Sep 18 19:51:46 EEST 2021',request:'starting',QPKG:'210401',app:'3.4.0' <<<<<<<<<<
= ExecuteAndLog()
import sabnzbd
import guessit
mrclaypole
Starting out

Post by mrclaypole »

thefan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:00 am Could anyone please help get my sabnzbd back to running, i dont know why it is not working anymore.

-------------------- 'start' requested --------------------
= Sat Sep 18 19:15:51 EEST 2021, QPKG: 200822f, application: 3.4.0
= daemon is not active
* updating 'SABnzbd' from remote repository: OK
* starting daemon: failed!
= ExecuteAndLog()
= output: "Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/SABnzbd
Im getting same error.
QNAP TS-239 Pro II+, FW 4.0.2, Transmission 2.75, Sabnzb+ 0.7.14, Sick-Beard, Python 2.7-1
QNAP TS-210, FW 3.7.1
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

HI guys, looks like there are a few more PIP packages required on other arches. ;)

I've just updated the management script to install these, but you can install them manually too:

pip3 install rebulk babelfish python-dateutil
... then restart SAB:

/etc/init.d/sabnzbd3.sh restart

Return to “Community Apps”