[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
HermanW
Getting the hang of things

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by HermanW »

I understand with the different timezones we are in, already happy you want to help.

Output module installation log:

Code: Select all

[~] # cat $(getcfg sherpa Install_Path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf)/logs/py3-modules.assorted.install.log
= command: '/opt/bin/pip3 install apprise apscheduler beautifulsoup4 cfscrape cheetah3 cheroot!=8.4.4 cherrypy configobj feedparser portend pygithub python-levenshtein python-magic random_user_agent sabyenc3 simplejson slugify --disable-pip-version-check --cache-dir /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/sherpa/cache/pips'
! resultcode: [1] ***** stdout/stderr begins below *****
Collecting apprise
  Downloading apprise-0.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (950 kB)
Collecting apscheduler
  Downloading APScheduler-3.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (59 kB)
Collecting beautifulsoup4
  Downloading beautifulsoup4-4.9.3-py3-none-any.whl (115 kB)
Collecting cfscrape
  Downloading cfscrape-2.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (12 kB)
Collecting cheetah3
  Downloading Cheetah3-3.2.6.tar.gz (295 kB)
Collecting cheroot!=8.4.4
  Downloading cheroot-8.5.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (97 kB)
Collecting cherrypy
  Downloading CherryPy-18.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (419 kB)
Collecting configobj
  Downloading configobj-5.0.6.tar.gz (33 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: feedparser in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware/lib/python3.9/site-packages (6.0.2)
Collecting portend
  Downloading portend-2.7.0-py3-none-any.whl (5.3 kB)
Collecting pygithub
  Downloading PyGithub-1.54.1-py3-none-any.whl (289 kB)
Collecting python-levenshtein
  Downloading python-Levenshtein-0.12.1.tar.gz (50 kB)
Collecting python-magic
  Downloading python_magic-0.4.18-py2.py3-none-any.whl (8.6 kB)
Collecting random_user_agent
  Downloading random_user_agent-1.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (8.2 MB)
Requirement already satisfied: sabyenc3 in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware/lib/python3.9/site-packages (4.0.2)
Collecting simplejson
  Downloading simplejson-3.17.2.tar.gz (83 kB)
Collecting slugify
  Downloading slugify-0.0.1.tar.gz (1.2 kB)
Collecting markdown
  Downloading Markdown-3.3.3-py3-none-any.whl (96 kB)
Collecting requests-oauthlib
  Downloading requests_oauthlib-1.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (23 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: six in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Entware/lib/python3.9/site-packages (from apprise) (1.15.0)
Collecting requests
  Downloading requests-2.25.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (61 kB)
Collecting click>=5.0
  Downloading click-7.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (82 kB)
Collecting PyYAML
  Downloading PyYAML-5.4.1.tar.gz (175 kB)
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
= ***** stdout/stderr is complete *****

NAS1: TS-832X
F/W: 5.0.1
QPKG: Sherpa, Par2cmdLine, Entware, nzbToMedia, SABnzbd, SickGear, Watcher3
NAS2: TS-859 Pro
F/W: 4.2.6
HermanW

Post by HermanW »

Hello OneCD,

I have great news, just restarted the NAS and tried to install again and it went fine. After some investigation I moved/copied the old backup files to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg_config_backup and tried to restore the config with success (some minor adjustments needed in config).

In the end my issue is fixed, no need help from you and keep up the good work with sherpa :-)

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

HermanW wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 pm

ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
That's something for me to investigate. ;)
HermanW wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm I have great news, just restarted the NAS and tried to install again and it went fine. After some investigation I moved/copied the old backup files to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg_config_backup and tried to restore the config with success (some minor adjustments needed in config).
Good work! :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

HermanW wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm After some investigation I moved/copied the old backup files to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg_config_backup and tried to restore the config with success (some minor adjustments needed in config).
I've added a new operation to sherpa to assist with this. After you've copied the original backup files across and placed them in the correct location on the new NAS, this operation takes care of everything else:

sherpa rebuild all
This examines the backup file list, automatically installs the QPKG associated with each backup (along with all dependencies like Entware, Par2, etc... ), then restores the configuration into each newly installed package. So, there's no-need to install each application first.

Too-late to help you, but it may help the next person. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HermanW

Post by HermanW »

Too-late to help you, but it may help the next person.
No problem, I am glad it was fixed and sherpa gets more and more improved by sharing user experience. Just one question left, I couldn't find a list of commands/actions with sherpa because there was a moment I was not sure about "backup all" or "backup-all". Of course the help function of sherpa (once I am at the command prompt) is great.

Again keep on going, hopefully one day you can add (again) something for movies because the development of SickChill doesn't go fast as planned I guess.

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

HermanW wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 pm No problem, I am glad it was fixed and sherpa gets more and more improved by sharing user experience.
HermanW wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 pm Just one question left, I couldn't find a list of commands/actions with sherpa because there was a moment I was not sure about "backup all" or "backup-all". Of course the help function of sherpa (once I am at the command prompt) is great.
Yes, you can see the possible action syntaxes with:

sherpa help actions
... and sherpa will also keep an eye-out for a few previously acceptable commands (like 'backup-all') and advise on the current usage.
HermanW wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 pm Again keep on going, hopefully one day you can add (again) something for movies because the development of SickChill doesn't go fast as planned I guess.
Agree. I'm hoping the Watcher devs will be able to make Watcher3 compatible with Python 3.9.0. :)

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

Hi OneCd,
I now have my shiny new NAS up and running and will be looking to replicate my current setup for it to run side-by-side for a while rather than do a straight migration of everything across.
So rather than backing up SHERPA and its apps and copying over, I'll be looking to do a fresh install of Sherpa and apps on the new NAS.
When I tried earlier, The QNAP Club install came up with a 'There is no digital signature error' on all the installs? Is the Club still having issues?
Next question was, if running two NAS side by side for a while, is it best to assign different ports to the two versions of SHERPA apps ?
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

OneCD wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:50 pm Agree. I'm hoping the Watcher devs will be able to make Watcher3 compatible with Python 3.9.0. :)
Well, barbequesauce did just add a "research required" tag to this Watcher issue:
https://github.com/barbequesauce/Watcher3/issues/185

So fingers crossed.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am I now have my shiny new NAS up and running ...
:mrgreen:
Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am When I tried earlier, The QNAP Club install came up with a 'There is no digital signature error' on all the installs? Is the Club still having issues?
I think so. You'll need to contact the QnapClub repo admin. :(
Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am Next question was, if running two NAS side by side for a while, is it best to assign different ports to the two versions of SHERPA apps ?
This isn't necessary. Each NAS can use the same port numbers. :geek:

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

quassum wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 am Well, barbequesauce did just add a "research required" tag to this Watcher issue:
https://github.com/barbequesauce/Watcher3/issues/185

So fingers crossed.

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am I now have my shiny new NAS up and running ...
OneCD wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 am :mrgreen:
I just ran a quick buffer test. 4k 2160p film on the old TS569L, which buffered after 1 or 2 seconds, the dies. The new one, CPU didn't exceed 10% and Memory 15% smooth as silk.
!! MIND BLOWN (as well as my wallet) !! 8)
Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 am Next question was, if running two NAS side by side for a while, is it best to assign different ports to the two versions of SHERPA apps ?
OneCD wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 am This isn't necessary. Each NAS can use the same port numbers. :geek:
That's cool. So just changing each apps route directories will be enough.

Does the no digital signal error , effect the apps performance at all. Just wondered as the Sherpa version from Club has it as well.
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 am Does the no digital signal error , effect the apps performance at all. Just wondered as the Sherpa version from Club has it as well.
Nope. As long as you've allowed unsigned apps to run on your new NAS, they'll work just fine.

QnapClub haven't signed the sherpa QPKG. No big deal, it will continue to work without a signature.

I'm still waiting (and have a support ticket open since September 2019) for QNAP to advise how they want "developers" to sign their QPKGs. :roll:

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 am That's cool. So just changing each apps route directories will be enough.
Oh dam, I hadn't thought of that. The volume name will be different. :(

Something for me to consider solving. :geek:

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

OneCD wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 am
Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 am That's cool. So just changing each apps route directories will be enough.
Oh dam, I hadn't thought of that. The volume name will be different. :(

Something for me to consider solving. :geek:
No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.
Are you able to advise which files and values you needed to update? This would help a lot. :)

Return to “Community Apps”