[QPKG] sherpa: a mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [SCRIPT] sherpa.sh

Post by OneCD »

rs1001 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:18 am Any plans for building for the new SabNZBd+ 3.0 in the pipeline?
Yes, but I’m waiting for it to be released as “stable”. I think it’s still in “alpha” at the moment (unsuitable for production use). ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I've now agreed with the SABnzbd devs to put together a new QPKG for SABnzbd running in Python 3 for those willing to test it. This new package will not replace the existing SABnzbd QPKG, so it can be installed alongside the current "stable" release. It's "alpha" status will be shown in the App Center.

Hope to release it before the weekend arrives. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

OneCD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:40 am I've now agreed with the SABnzbd devs to put together a new QPKG for SABnzbd running in Python 3 for those willing to test it. This new package will not replace the existing SABnzbd QPKG, so it can be installed alongside the current "stable" release. It's "alpha" status will be shown in the App Center.

Hope to release it before the weekend arrives. :geek:
Hmm that might be fun. Wondering, can you import all the settings from the current 2.x version so we could basically just start playing around with it manually?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

dirkonline wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:02 pm Wondering, can you import all the settings from the current 2.x version so we could basically just start playing around with it manually?
Sorry, I don't know. That’s an application issue, so you'll need to ask the devs ;) : https://forums.sabnzbd.org/

dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

OneCD wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:11 am
dirkonline wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:02 pm Wondering, can you import all the settings from the current 2.x version so we could basically just start playing around with it manually?
Sorry, I don't know. That’s an application issue, so you'll need to ask the devs ;) : https://forums.sabnzbd.org/
The dreaded SAB Forum :) You are right, of course. I will head over on the weekend and have a look, maybe that is an option that somebody already thought of.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Oh, they’re not so bad. ;)

I’ll try some config swapping once the new package is done.

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

The new SABnzbd 3 (alpha) is now available for testing! :D

Please get the latest sherpa.sh script, then install it with:

Code: Select all

./sherpa.sh sab3
This won't replace your existing SABnzbd. Both can run on the same NAS. The new one is reachable on port 8900.

Your old SABnzbd QPKG (running under Python 2) is called "SABnzbdplus".

The new one running under Python 3 is called "SABnzbd" (and it seems this has been the correct name all along). It has a rather faint "3" in its package logo.

Please report any installation problems here. This is a new package, and I'm still testing installation combinations.

But, any application problems should be reported to the SABnzbd devs on GitHub by creating a new issue. This new SABnzbd is still in "alpha" status and may not be stable enough for everyday use. Only install and use it if you'll help by reporting errors to the devs.

xatic
New here

Post by xatic »

Reinstalling Entware (or anything else) using sherpa.sh errors out with the following:

[ proc ] downloading & installing Python 3 modules ...
[ fail ] Download & install Python 3 modules failed [1]
[ dbug ] (LL) ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ dbug ] (LL) /share/Public/sherpa.tmp/Py3-modules.install.log
[ dbug ] (LL) ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ dbug ] (LL) command=[/opt/bin/pip3 install --disable-pip-version-check --upgrade setuptools 2>&1]
[ dbug ] (LL) messages=[Traceback (most recent call last):
[ dbug ] (LL) File "/opt/bin/pip3", line 6, in <module>
[ dbug ] (LL) from pip._internal import main
[ dbug ] (LL) ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pip']
[ dbug ] (LL) result=[1]
Any idea what is wrong or how to get around this?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

xatic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:06 pm Reinstalling Entware (or anything else) using sherpa.sh errors out with the following:
Bah! Sorry, this 'pip' error has been driving me nuts. I thought it was fixed, but clearly ... it’s not. :(

There's a bug in the OpenWRT config that causes either 'pip' or 'pip3' to disappear after upgrading 'pip' or 'setuptools'.

Working on it now ...

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

OneCD wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:20 am
xatic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:06 pm Reinstalling Entware (or anything else) using sherpa.sh errors out with the following:
Bah! Sorry, this 'pip' error has been driving me nuts. I thought it was fixed, but clearly ... it’s not. :(
OK @xatic, I've had another crack at fixing this. It's fine here. ;)

Can you please download and run sherpa.sh with a version of 200526 or later, then try reinstalling Entware again?

cd /share/Public
curl -skLO https://git.io/sherpa.sh && chmod +x sherpa.sh
./sherpa.sh ew

xatic
New here

Post by xatic »

OneCD wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:55 am Can you please download and run sherpa.sh with a version of 200526 or later, then try reinstalling Entware again?
Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately I still get the same error:

[ dbug ] (**) SCRIPT:             started: Tue May 26 10:09:29 CEST 2020
[ dbug ] (**) SCRIPT:             version: 200526
---
[ proc ] downloading & installing Python 3 modules ...
[ fail ] Download & install Python 3 modules failed [1]
[ dbug ] (LL) /share/Public/sherpa.tmp/Py3-modules.install.log
[ dbug ] (LL) command=[/opt/bin/pip3 install setuptools --disable-pip-version-check 2>&1]
[ dbug ] (LL) messages=[Traceback (most recent call last):
[ dbug ] (LL) File "/opt/bin/pip3", line 6, in <module>
[ dbug ] (LL) from pip._internal import main
[ dbug ] (LL) ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pip']
[ dbug ] (LL) result=[1]
After the installation (and downgrade to Python 3.7.4) /opt/bin contains pip3 and pip3.8. Is it the downgrade of pip that fails?

"pip3 --version" after installing Entware using the latest version of sherpa.sh:

[/opt/bin] # pip3 --version
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/bin/pip3", line 6, in <module>
    from pip._internal import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pip'
"pip3 --version" after installing Entware with the python downgrade disabled in the script:

[/opt/bin] # pip3 --version
pip 19.2.3 from /opt/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip (python 3.8)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

xatic wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:31 pm After the installation (and downgrade to Python 3.7.4) /opt/bin contains pip3 and pip3.8. Is it the downgrade of pip that fails?
Ah, that helps. ;)

It turns out we also need to downgrade the pip3 IPKG. :lol:

I've done this, and it's testing well here.

@xatic, please download sherpa.sh version 200527 or later and start by reinstalling your Entware QPKG, then reinstall Watcher3. And cross your fingers. :DD

xatic
New here

Post by xatic »

OneCD wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:41 am @xatic, please download sherpa.sh version 200527 or later and start by reinstalling your Entware QPKG, then reinstall Watcher3. And cross your fingers. :DD
Your latest change did the trick. :-)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

xatic wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:03 pm Your latest change did the trick. :-)
Great! :D

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

straw wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:07 pm Here's the output:
[/share/Download/complete] # getcfg "" Platform -f /etc/platform.conf
ARM_MS
10 weeks later, there's finally a solution! :D

I wasn't using the correct method to determine which Par2 package to install on your NAS model. This should now be fixed.

Please uninstall any existing Par2 QPKG, then download and run sherpa.sh version 200528 or later, and reinstall SABnzbd. This should then install the correct Par2 package. ;)

Return to “Community Apps”