[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Post Reply
User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 am

Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 am
That's cool. So just changing each apps route directories will be enough.
Oh dam, I hadn't thought of that. The volume name will be different. :(

Something for me to consider solving. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am

OneCD wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 am
Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:23 am
That's cool. So just changing each apps route directories will be enough.
Oh dam, I hadn't thought of that. The volume name will be different. :(

Something for me to consider solving. :geek:
No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 am

Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am
No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.
Are you able to advise which files and values you needed to update? This would help a lot. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:03 am

OneCD wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 am
Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am
No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.
Are you able to advise which files and values you needed to update? This would help a lot. :)
Yes will make a note when i get to that point. I will do via each apps config menu rather than via shell though.
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am

Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:03 am
OneCD wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 am
Shadytree wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am
No worries, it's a simple amend anyhow.
Are you able to advise which files and values you needed to update? This would help a lot. :)
Yes will make a note when i get to that point. I will do via each apps config menu rather than via shell though.
No easy way of doing this unfortunately, it was a case of pointing each file to a new folder route.
One thing that did surprise/confuse me is looking through the SAB config, SHERPA installed the QPKGs on a Default Base Folder:

Code: Select all

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/config
, even though I ran Sherpa on /share/public Now the amount of space free showing in SAB is reading the cache rather than the HDD raid storage. Any ideas?
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 am

Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
No easy way of doing this unfortunately, it was a case of pointing each file to a new folder route.
I've been thinking about this and it shouldn't be as big a problem as I first feared. So, now I'm wondering if you're doing something non-standard with the QPKGs on your new NAS?

Can you please provide at-least one example of a path that needed changing? I need to see what file you changed, as well as the folder routes before-and-after.
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
One thing that did surprise/confuse me is looking through the SAB config, SHERPA installed the QPKGs on a Default Base Folder:

Code: Select all

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbd/config
, even though I ran Sherpa on /share/public
That's correct. All QPKGs are installed into the default volume QPKG installation directory. This is by-design.

It's not possible to "install" a QPKG in the Public share. ;)
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
Now the amount of space free showing in SAB is reading the cache rather than the HDD raid storage. Any ideas?
You lost me there. Not sure what you mean. :S

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:22 am

Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
No easy way of doing this unfortunately, it was a case of pointing each file to a new folder route.
OneCD wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 am
I've been thinking about this and it shouldn't be as big a problem as I first feared. So, now I'm wondering if you're doing something non-standard with the QPKGs on your new NAS?

Can you please provide at-least one example of a path that needed changing? I need to see what file you changed, as well as the folder routes before-and-after.
/share/Multimedia/TV
/share/Multimedia/Movies
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
Now the amount of space free showing in SAB is reading the cache rather than the HDD raid storage. Any ideas?
OneCD wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 am
You lost me there. Not sure what you mean. :S
Instead of showing the remaining available space at the bottom of the queue window in SAB it shows 0mb free space with a warning !! :S rather than the 30.09TB that is available 8)
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:54 am

Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:22 am
/share/Multimedia/TV
/share/Multimedia/Movies
Context ... I need context! :DD
  • Which file did you modify to make this change?
  • What was the variable name in this file?
  • Did you decide on a different media folder layout for your new NAS?
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
Instead of showing the remaining available space at the bottom of the queue window in SAB it shows 0mb free space with a warning !! :S rather than the 30.09TB that is available 8)
It sounds like you have a cache volume on SSDs and a userdata volume on regular HDDS, and you're currently running SABnzbd on the cache volume - correct?

Have you tried "migrating" the SABnzbd application via your QTS App Center to the userdata volume? https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... as-volume/

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm

Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am
Instead of showing the remaining available space at the bottom of the queue window in SAB it shows 0mb free space with a warning !! :S rather than the 30.09TB that is available 8)
OneCD wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:54 am
It sounds like you have a cache volume on SSDs and a userdata volume on regular HDDS, and you're currently running SABnzbd on the cache volume - correct?

Have you tried "migrating" the SABnzbd application via your QTS App Center to the userdata volume? https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... as-volume/
mmmmm odd, there isn't that option on any of my apps, just :

Stop
Remove
Display On > Admin Menu, All users Menu

Do I have to enable somewhere?

I did find a short term fix by moving the incomplete and complete folders to the HDDs
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 am

Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
mmmmm odd, there isn't that option on any of my apps, just :

Stop
Remove
Display On > Admin Menu, All users Menu

Do I have to enable somewhere?
I had to reinit my new NAS and create 2 volumes so I could check this. :DD

It turns-out app volume migration is something that has to be configured in each QPKG at build-time.

I've now enabled volume migration for the SABnzbd app only and released an updated QPKG, but you'll need to upgrade your existing one before you can use it.

Code: Select all

sherpa clean
sherpa upgrade sab
Once this is complete, relaunch your QTS App Center UI, and you should now find the SABnzbd icon drop-down menu has a "migrate to ..." option.
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
I did find a short term fix by moving the incomplete and complete folders to the HDDs
With regard to space, that will be the only fix. SABnzbd will read the free-space on whichever volumes your folder paths point-to, not the volume SABnzbd is installed on. So, you don't need to migrate SABnzbd unless you really want to. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Shadytree
Know my way around
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:58 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by Shadytree » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:57 pm

OneCD wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:07 am
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
mmmmm odd, there isn't that option on any of my apps, just :

Stop
Remove
Display On > Admin Menu, All users Menu

Do I have to enable somewhere?
I had to reinit my new NAS and create 2 volumes so I could check this. :DD

It turns-out app volume migration is something that has to be configured in each QPKG at build-time.

I've now enabled volume migration for the SABnzbd app only and released an updated QPKG, but you'll need to upgrade your existing one before you can use it.

Code: Select all

sherpa clean
sherpa upgrade sab
Once this is complete, relaunch your QTS App Center UI, and you should now find the SABnzbd icon drop-down menu has a "migrate to ..." option.
Shadytree wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
I did find a short term fix by moving the incomplete and complete folders to the HDDs
With regard to space, that will be the only fix. SABnzbd will read the free-space on whichever volumes your folder paths point-to, not the volume SABnzbd is installed on. So, you don't need to migrate SABnzbd unless you really want to. :geek:
I think that is called, going above and beyond ! :-0
I'll see how things go, but is good to know its now possible. Thanks as ever for your unwavering support and dedication :)

As regards the file directories, I decided to backup my SickChill and SickGear and copy over like you suggested. Saves having to re-add all the media and settings again. So just making sure my paths are matched to my old NAS.

I also thought of a much simpler way of switching control over on the apps from my old NAS to new NAS. Just flip their static IP's ...DOH!
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup

potestus
Getting the hang of things
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by potestus » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am

sherpa status eror: A required NAS system file is missing (/bin/less): aborting ...

Any ideas?

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:58 am

potestus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am
sherpa status eror: A required NAS system file is missing (/bin/less): aborting ...

Any ideas?
What firmware-version and build-number is installed on your NAS?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

potestus
Getting the hang of things
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by potestus » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:04 am

OneCD wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:58 am
potestus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am
sherpa status eror: A required NAS system file is missing (/bin/less): aborting ...

Any ideas?
What firmware-version and build-number is installed on your NAS?
version:4.3.3.1432

User avatar
OneCD
Ask me anything
Posts: 8978
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:13 am

potestus wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:04 am
version:4.3.3.1432
OK, should be fixed now. Image

But, you'll need to remove your existing management script manually (as your sherpa installation is presently broken). Use this:

Code: Select all

rm $(getcfg sherpa Install_Path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf)/cache/sherpa.manager.sh
... then you should be good-to-go.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply

Return to “Community Apps”