[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by OneCD »

TorbenB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 am I honestly hope you will at least wait a bit before SickChill is removed.
Yes, it won't be anytime soon. ;)
TorbenB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 am So I'm rooting for him to fix the system quickly enough that people, and us QNAP users, aren't moving to something else yet again, and that in time he'll implement the movie part as well (some of the older commits before this disaster hinted at the movies part slowly being incorporated).
That would be great. There's also @QNAP_Stephane's SickChill package available in the Qnapclub if you'd like to continue using SickChill. I don't know what the update policy is for that package though.

Also, just because I'm withdrawing support for SickChill doesn't mean QNAP users have to follow this. They can always ask about SickChill problems on the SickChill GitHub repo, but they then have to deal with the developer. Who just recently closed the last QNAP issue created as he didn't want to deal with it. This is where the aforementioned tantrum took place.
TorbenB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 am How can we avoid SickChill being updated if the NAS is rebooting/the service is being restarted?
The newest SickChill package I released (210714) includes a mod to disable auto-updating.
TorbenB wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 am PS. Can we please drop the whole "Sh*tChill"? It's not like we are 12 year old kids in the schoolyard.
Agree.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:04 am Sorry, I can't get it working after trying a good few times.

Code: Select all

fail: 'SickChill' service operation failed. Check (/var/log/SickChill.log) for more information 
Shady, I'm going to jump a few steps here and suggest you reinstall Entware, as it seems those recent SickChill commits corrupt the installed Python modules. SickChill now installs a lot of additional modules needed only by SickChill which then breaks a few of the existing modules (thanks again @miigotu :roll: ).

sherpa reinstall ew restart sc

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

OneCD wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:20 am
Shadytree wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:04 am Sorry, I can't get it working after trying a good few times.

fail: 'SickChill' service operation failed. Check (/var/log/SickChill.log) for more information 
Shady, I'm going to jump a few steps here and suggest you reinstall Entware, as it seems those recent SickChill commits corrupt the installed Python modules. SickChill now installs a lot of additional modules needed only by SickChill which then breaks a few of the existing modules (thanks again @miigotu :roll: ).

Thanks OnceCD that did the trick. I do however seem to have lost the database of series. SC is empty. Not sure if I ever backed up.
TVS-872XT-32GB | Raid 6 | 8 x 6TB WD Gold | 1TB NVMe SSD | QTS 4.5.2 1566
TS-569L-3GB | Raid 5 | 5 x 3TB WD Red Drives | QTS 4.3.4.1368 |
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |
Plex Media Server 4.51.1 |

[Old Box] - QNAP TS-509 Pro | Raid 5 - 5 x 1TB WD Green Drives
FW 3.7.3 Build 20120801 -Redundancy backup
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:32 am I do however seem to have lost the database of series. SC is empty. Not sure if I ever backed up.
Did you recently uninstall SickChill? :'

You can check your backups with:

sherpa backups

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

OneCD wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:35 am
Shadytree wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:32 am I do however seem to have lost the database of series. SC is empty. Not sure if I ever backed up.
Did you recently uninstall SickChill? :'

You can check your backups with:

sherpa backups
thanks, yes looks like it backed up a version a few months back. Where and how do I do i locate the backup file SickChill.config.tar.gz ?
Apps: Python 2.7.12 | Python3 3.5.2.0 | Sherpa qpkg 200917 SABnzbdplus v3.1.1 |SickChill Master v2020.09.20-7 |

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

To restore that backup:

sherpa restore sc

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

OneCD wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:46 am To restore that backup:

sherpa restore sc
Cool thanks.

The Entware command now has SAB throwing a wobbly? Is that related?

* a few seconds ago Essential modules are missing, downloading cannot start.
*ERROR a few seconds ago SABYenc module... NOT found! Expecting v4.0.0 - https://sabnzbd.org/sabyenc

Kastagir
Starting out

Post by Kastagir »

Just an FYI for anyone with these issues.

After running

sherpa clean
sherpa upgrade sc restart sc
I ran this command to fix Entware on OneCD's advice.

This got SickChill up and running but I hadnt noticed at the time that this caused my SABnzbd install to error out with:

Essential modules are missing, downloading cannot start.
SABYenc module... NOT found! Expecting v4.0.0 - https://sabnzbd.org/sabyenc
Running:

sherpa reinstall sab
fixed the issue straight away

So if you are looking for a way to fix your install with Sherpa, then these commands in this order worked for me :)

It's been running for 6 hours or so with no issues
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Shadytree wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:49 am * a few seconds ago Essential modules are missing, downloading cannot start.
*ERROR a few seconds ago SABYenc module... NOT found! Expecting v4.0.0 - https://sabnzbd.org/sabyenc
Kastagir wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:50 am I hadnt noticed at the time but this caused my SABnzbd install to error out with:

Essential modules are missing, downloading cannot start.
SABYenc module... NOT found! Expecting v4.0.0 - https://sabnzbd.org/sabyenc
Running:

sherpa reinstall sab
fixed the issue straight away

So if you are looking for a way to fix your install with Sherpa, then these commands in this order worked for me :)

It's been running for 6 hours or so with no issues
Thanks Kas, good timing. :D

I'll do some checks here to work out why that error is occurring, but in the meantime, your solution works so let's go with it.

Shadytree
Know my way around

Post by Shadytree »

Thanks guys, SC restore successful and SAB working fine. Stepping away from the keyboard now :)

nzbadge
New here

Post by nzbadge »

Thanks OneCD - appreciate all your help and support.
tazzi
Starting out

Post by tazzi »

For anyone considering making the move away from sickchill I can highly recommend sickgear. I made the switch back when the original sickrage dramas surfaced and have now been using sickgear on my QNAP for at least 5 years and prior to that on a ReadyNAS with absolutely no problems.

I haven't bothered to look at sickchill since then so have no idea how far it has diverged or what it may now offer that sickgear does not.
scarng
Starting out

Post by scarng »

I just switched with all this drama and I'm extremely happy with SickGear.
potestus
Easy as a breeze

Post by potestus »

Is there a method to switch from chill to gear?
scarng
Starting out

Post by scarng »

I stopped SickChill and then installed OSickGear using Sherpa. Then began the process of building the library back, I found it to be pretty easy and best method. Setting up the providers made me discover errors in my old SickChill install. Also, SickGear offers free index lookup as well. I'm now getting more hits and pulls then ever before.

Return to “Community Apps”